Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Left over bricks

Page 1 of 1
Had a meeting with our site supervisor today. Looks like we will have about $1000 worth of bricks left over (about 2.5 of the cubes they come in). Porter Davis are happy to take them away, we have absolutely no use for them at all, certainly not that many.

But on the hand I am thinking I may be able to make some easy money? They are brand new Cat 3 bricks (Austral Homestead Blackwood). Can you sell bricks? And if so who too? Are there second hand brick places that buy stuff like this?

TIA
The bricks belong to the builder and for the builder to remove
building-expert
The bricks belong to the builder and for the builder to remove

The builder told us we can either keep them, or get them to take them away at the end of the build
Can you use them for a letter box? Is it like a strap left?
Two and a half pallets is a fair few bricks, but people in the second hand market only want bargains, so you are likely to take a bath. Look on eBay, Gumtree and your local Facebook buy, swap and sell group and you'll see what people are listing them for and then compare that to the credit you'll get back from the builder.

The only bricks I see people making money on are the old sand stocks and Canberra Reds, and a **** load of work has gone into cleaning those up, so they probably deserve a payday.
Keep them if possible IMO, you could build some gardens with them a letterbox or sell easily on gumtree to someone looking to build the aforementioned items!
We have kept a few pallets of our bricks. The SS said we've paid for them, we can keep them or they will dispose of them. We are keeping to use in the landscaping somehow. Seats, retainer, letter box. Not sure yet.
Related
20/12/2023
Nitrogen gas left in the compressor, is it normal practice

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

you need a fridgie to answer but I would think you vac the whole system then add gas if you have a leak, unless it is new install with the gas already loaded, in that case…

14/03/2024
Junk left behind in an old house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Hi, just discovered all these junks left behind under the floor. Could any of these be asbestos? Best to leave as it is or clean up? Thank you for your thoughts

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum