Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our KDR Metricon Doulton - Melb

Page 1 of 1
Hi All, we are about to commence our first ever build project. A KDR with Metricon -Doulton house design.

I'd love to share our build journey and also to seek advice from those who have done similar projects with Metricon.
Welcome aboard.
I am also building the Doulton. And there a few others also on the forum. What stage are you up to? Have you done selection?
Welcome aboard....we r building a gdale 50 n are nearing frame stage

Welcome to the community -- looking forward to following your project!
Thanks. Great to see so many on the same journey. We have just done the survey work and soil tests.

We are awaiting those results to work out if we can have 3mtr ceilings.
If you are given the chance go 3m downstairs. It will give the home opulence.
I remember seeing the Bordeaux in Balwyn 4 plus years ago and the thing that impressed me was the 3 meter height.
Up to then I had not seen anything above 2.7 meters so I was impressed.
So when time came around to specify my requirements to the sales consultant for my build, 3 meters downstairs was the first
thing I requested.
stanus
I remember seeing the Bordeaux in Balwyn 4 plus years ago and the thing that impressed me was the 3 meter height.
So when time came around to specify my requirements to the sales consultant for my build, 3 meters downstairs was the first
thing I requested.

Thanks, Im really hoping we have no issues as Im pretty set on the 3mtr ceilings.

Can i ask a few questions if I may?

Metricon has given us a preliminary estimate however have put in "provisions" for M studio Upgrades (tiling, cabinetry, doors etc).
In your experience, how far off are the Sale Consultant "provisions" from actuals? Should we allow for a 10% variance to estimate?
My sales consultant was honest with pricing,(his estimates were spot on) the problem was me. I was in upgrade mode so prelim estimate increased by over 30 per cent by final contract. If you go into selections with upgrades or I want to match the display, be prepared to pay. One thing that was not accurate was site costs. It started at 40k went to 58k and finally landed on 95k.
I am doing a KDR and you get hammered on site costs.
stanus
My sales consultant was honest with pricing,(his estimates were spot on) the problem was me. I was in upgrade mode so prelim estimate increased by over 30 per cent by final contract. If you go into selections with upgrades or I want to match the display, be prepared to pay. One thing that was not accurate was site costs. It started at 40k went to 58k and finally landed on 95k.

Our site costs is 45K plus provision of 15k for traffic management, KDR Doulbton 57 in Bentleigh
TheLs
stanus
thing I requested.

Thanks, Im really hoping we have no issues as Im pretty set on the 3mtr ceilings.

Can i ask a few questions if I may?

Metricon has given us a preliminary estimate however have put in "provisions" for M studio Upgrades (tiling, cabinetry, doors etc).
In your experience, how far off are the Sale Consultant "provisions" from actuals? Should we allow for a 10% variance to estimate?

We are building the same, with extension to the garage.
With our experience best to get the provision price from sale consultant. I think its cheaper.

Hope that help
It is great to see the Doulton being a very popular design esp. here on the forums.
There are at least two people who have already
built it that I know of three including me that are at pre start. Metricon have been pushing it as a KDR on there website and in print as I have seen it quite often just by googling the name.
Go team Doulton!
Glad to see others who are building the same style on house so we could share/exchange information.
Charlotte.h
stanus

Our site costs is 45K plus provision of 15k for traffic management, KDR Doulbton 57 in Bentleigh

15k for traffic mgt??
We have $15k provision sum on our contract. When you do knock down rebuild Metricon not fix for traffic management
Charlotte.h
We have $15k provision sum on our contract. Wen you do knock down rebuild Metricon not fix for traffic management
Your site must be on busy road.

We buit our Doulton just last year. I remember thinking it would be great too have others that are building it too. We actually bought off the plan. In November 2016 was when they finished building the display. I wish we would have walked through it before. So we would have seen what extras we could put in there. Although everyone at metricon thinks we upgraded almost everything. That its considered a signature range. We tried to get 3 meter ceilings dowstairs as well. But apparently it wasnt possible. As fitting it on our land was a tight fit. So we just stayed with the square set cornices for most of downstairs. And 2700 ceilings. I think the Doulton is a unique design. Although we did add 11 squares onto ours. As we needed the extra room too support our large family. All The best on your build. I look forward to following it.
So many Doultons here! Surely, the ones above must be finished by now? We would love to see some more photos, we are only just getting started with ours, just had our three day marathon (colours for two, electrical for one)!
Sparkyf
So many Doultons here! Surely, the ones above must be finished by now? We would love to see some more photos, we are only just getting started with ours, just had our three day marathon (colours for two, electrical for one)!
Hi I got some pics on my Facebook group page. Building new Australian homes. It’s easier to post them on there. Home one needs improvement on posting multiple pics.

Awesome, checking them out now!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum