Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Here We Go !!! Henley - Vienna Started....

Page 1 of 1
Welcome to my new build journey - Henley Vienna 28
Hello!!! my Homeone family..... I have been regular visitor of these threads now a days! and was really inspired by people sharing their experience/journey to help other with their build.

On that positive note, Here I decided to start a new thread for Henley Vienna 28 Which I started building in Eastern Melbourne. I hope the information I present here will help someone along the line with their build.

I did look for similar thread to see if someone has build Vienna 28 in VIC, Couldn't find one, so was keen to share this experience.

Background: I started thinking about building myself a brand new home in late 2016 and ended up purchasing land in Eastern Melbourne region (Metro) late 2017.

Here is the Timeline:

Date: Unknown - We decided to build our new home (Me and Missus)
Date: 14 Jan 2017 - Finally paid $1000 Deposit and secure the block in a new estate (Projected tile in Sep 17)

Since We started looking a different display homes from various builders and trying to find the design and inclusion of our liking.... the builder we talked to includes but not limited to.....

1. METRICON
2. CARLISLE
3. HENLEY
4. ARDEN
5. DENIS FAMILY HOMES
6. 8 HOMES

After lots of thoughts, reviewing the price guide, inclusions, designs and presentation of display homes we decided to give Henley a go....

The customer service really impressed us! specially Mr. Gr**** is very knowledgeable and can easily win hearts (without providing any real discounts!!!) He was upfront and honest and provided right advise. After few consultation, we decided (after checking Sun orientation) to go with Vienna 28.

My timeline and color selections are to follow.....
Timeline Continue....

09.11.17: Color appointment @ Henley Cosham (We have been there quite a few times before the appointment to decide what we want on this particular day
)

15.11.17: Land titled (It's been delayed supposed to be titled in Sep 17... not expected but not surprised! )

Our color selection are:

Brick : Char (Cat 6- didn't mind spending more money as we only having part render in front and we liked dark brick
Flooring:

Flooring: Cat 7 Silver light gray Cat 7 (high gloss)

Carpet: Cat 3 (upgraded underlay)
Front Door: Corinthian Infinity 11G - with clear glazing
Roof: Colorbond - Monument
Sprouting & Facia: Shale Gray
Downpipes: Monument
Front door stain: Rich chocolate
Garage door: Colorgrain Caoba
Bathroom, Ensuit, and bathroom - Floor tile: Cloud Ebony Lapparto , Wall tile: Lexicon stone
Kitchen Benchtop: Ocean form (Cat1)
Kitchen Cabinate (Lower) - Polar white with silk finish
Kitchen Cabinate (upper) - Burnished wood with impression finish
Splashback- Mirror gray
Ensuite & bathroom Vanity top: Urban
Base cabinatery: Oyster Gray
Wall color: Lexicon half
Mortar joint: offwhite & rolled.

Inclusions (that I can think of Now.... may have missed few):

Ceiling height: 2570 (Standard)
Increased height to timber sliding door (living area)
Bigger front door 2400*920
Dulux wash and wear
Mirror sliding double door to bed 2
Translucent glazing door to Butler pantry, and laundry
Aluminium fixed window in Butler pantry
Aluminium Flyscreen with fibreglass mesh to all operable windows
Ducted Roof through ceiling
Shower niche to Bathroom and ensuit
Luxury electrical MKII pack, with 31 downlights,
Privacy adapter Lever to Master suit, WC 2 and Bathroom 1
Benchtop profile: 40mm to island and rear kitchen bench
Floor plan

Floor covering options

Electrical Variations

Hi!
How has your build been going?
My husband and I are looking into possibly building a house in the next year or two and were originally looking at Arden, but also really love the Henley Vienna.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum