Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Two Wells Dechellis Build

Page 3 of 10
19.10.2018. We have a slab and are over the moon!!!! Thanks to my cousin's husband for the photo.
Can't wait to see it myself!

NicolleAW
19.10.2018. We have a slab and are over the moon!!!! Thanks to my cousin's husband for the photo.

So jealous!! Looks lovely
I’m going for a drive up there today 😃

Can’t wait to see everything happening
We couldn’t help ourselves, we went and looked yesterday and we are taking some family to see today! Over the moon 😍😍
Hi Nicole AW,

Very exciting, like the layout of your house How big is your block? We have about 1700sqm in Angle Vale and are in the process of picking a builder and seriously considering Dechellis. What makes me nervous is the cost of adding an Alfresco and upgrades in selections etc..hard to get a feel for what it ultimately cost based on their initial "Grande Spec" pricing.

How did you find the selections process?

Keen to see how yours progresses...

Hwood
Hwood
Hi Nicole AW,

Very exciting, like the layout of your house How big is your block? We have about 1700sqm in Angle Vale and are in the process of picking a builder and seriously considering Dechellis. What makes me nervous is the cost of adding an Alfresco and upgrades in selections etc..hard to get a feel for what it ultimately cost based on their initial "Grande Spec" pricing.

Hwood

Hi Hwood,

Our block is 1245sqm. Your block is HUGE!

Our alfresco is 10m x 5m and cost about 36k. When we were looking for a builder we saw the floor plan and fell in love. When we looked at heaps of display houses the quality of the Dechellis houses made it easy for us to pick them as they were much nicer than others.

At selections we added 36k to the house, we were shocked!!!

4k of this was a bigger air con system, we upgraded all internal doors to 2.4m, upgrading all our taps/toilets/sinks also added up very quickly. We also picked a laminex colour that was not included so that added more between the kitchen and bathrooms. For electrical we already had a few down lights in our quote so was just adding more and fan points, extra power points and data sockets.
NicolleAW
Hwood
Hi Nicole AW,

Hwood

Hi Hwood,

Our alfresco is 10m x 5m and cost about 36k. When we were looking for a builder we saw the floor plan and fell in love. When we looked at heaps of display houses the quality of the Dechellis houses made it easy for us to pick them as they were much nicer than others.

4k of this was a bigger air con system, we upgraded all internal doors to 2.4m, upgrading all our taps/toilets/sinks also added up very quickly. We also picked a laminex colour that was not included so that added more between the kitchen and bathrooms. For electrical we already had a few down lights in our quote so was just adding more and fan points, extra power points and data sockets.

36k holy shirt!
Hi NicoleAW,

Yeah I know, it's exciting to have the space but a bit daunting thinking of getting it all set up lol
I've spoken to a couple of sales consultants from Dechellis and not being able to clearly know what the extras actually are and how much they cost.is driving me a bit nuts, they almost get annoyed when you ask.

$36k for 50sqm, if it was with concrete and tiled that is not that bad I guess.

Increasing door heights to 2.4m is high on my list of upgrades. As well as stone tops, raised entrance etc but hard to know what it all would add up to as you cant nail down some of the hidden costs (additional services lengths, footings, wind rating, soil removal etc). I noticed they had a free air cond deal going but figure it would probbaly need upgrading

Keep the progress pics coming
Monkey55
NicolleAW
Hwood
Hi Nicole AW,

Hwood

Hi Hwood,

36k holy shirt!

To the alfresco or the selections 36k? haha

We had budgeted about 30k for an outdoor pavilion type structure so to have it under the main for for a bit more was nothing.

The selections amount though... it just escalated so quickly!
Hwood
Hi NicoleAW,

Yeah I know, it's exciting to have the space but a bit daunting thinking of getting it all set up lol
I've spoken to a couple of sales consultants from Dechellis and not being able to clearly know what the extras actually are and how much they cost.is driving me a bit nuts, they almost get annoyed when you ask.

$36k for 50sqm, if it was with concrete and tiled that is not that bad I guess.

Increasing door heights to 2.4m is high on my list of upgrades. As well as stone tops, raised entrance etc but hard to know what it all would add up to as you cant nail down some of the hidden costs (additional services lengths, footings, wind rating, soil removal etc). I noticed they had a free air cond deal going but figure it would probbaly need upgrading

Keep the progress pics coming

Heya,

At selections they would show what is standard and then look at upgrade options and pricing but by then you have already committed to building with them. Pickards at Mile End was where we picked doors, tapware, appliances and stuff like that so you might just want to look around there and find whats included in your quote or try google everything.

Our alfresco is concrete but we plan to build a deck over it so no tiling including in that price above.

We signed that long ago that the deal we had was 10k off the contract. I have seen the newer deal though of free aircon which I'm sure there's some sort of t's and c's with it but would have been better for us but oh well.

I cant wait for us to have some progress pictures to share
[quote defaultattr=""]
Monkey55

36k holy shirt!

We had budgeted about 30k for an outdoor pavilion type structure so to have it under the main for for a bit more was nothing.

The selections amount though... it just escalated so quickly![/quote]
I must either be not very picky, or have no style at all, we were happy with pretty much all the standard fittings!
All up we spent about 2.5k on joinery upgrades, 2.5k on aircon upgrades and like a few hundred bucks elsewhere on a water filter, oh and 1k on tiles.
Monkey55
Quote:
Monkey55

36k holy shirt!

I must either be not very picky, or have no style at all, we were happy with pretty much all the standard fittings!
All up we spent about 2.5k on joinery upgrades, 2.5k on aircon upgrades and like a few hundred bucks elsewhere on a water filter, oh and 1k on tiles.

Oh nice! I would have loved for that to be us, some of our standard inclusions were pretty average.

I think watching the block too much gave us expensive taste haha
Monkey55

36k holy shirt!

Monkey55
Quote:

NicolleAW
Oh nice! I would have loved for that to be us, some of our standard inclusions were pretty average.

Haha, yeah the block is a bit evil. I said to myself at Pickards, as long as I dont hate it, dont even look at upgrades. Im not that fussed on sinks and taps, but I think our inclusions were quite nice. And we got 2.4m doors as standard. electrical inclusions were also pretty good. We may do downlights later.
It makes it so hard to compare builders though.
Monkey55
Monkey55

36k holy shirt!

Monkey55
Quote:

NicolleAW

Haha, yeah the block is a bit evil. I said to myself at Pickards, as long as I dont hate it, dont even look at upgrades. Im not that fussed on sinks and taps, but I think our inclusions were quite nice. And we got 2.4m doors as standard. electrical inclusions were also pretty good. We may do downlights later.
It makes it so hard to compare builders though.

The block made me want to make our niche bigger in the ensuite and add another niche to the other bathroom and i was willing to spend the $700 that it cost because of a variation and admin for the change after final selections! The other half was not happy haha!!

I wish we went in with that mentality. We didn't want to get something standard now and then in 12 months upgrade because it seemed like a waste of money to have something we no longer then need. I wish we did more research ourselves though because we would have purchased our own taps, toilets and bath and that kind of stuff and just got Dechellis to install. I'm sure this would have saved us a bit but oh well.
Looks great guys,

I am building in Evanston! basically down the road,

Enjoy !
ScottyG
Looks great guys,

Enjoy !

Oh nice! Who are you building through and what point are you up to?
NicolleAW
ScottyG
Looks great guys,

Enjoy !

I am building with Metro property developments, smooth sailing so far which is great.. Practical completion inspection on the 31/10 so hopefully in two weeks roughly ill have the keys!
ScottyG
NicolleAW
ScottyG
Looks great guys,

Enjoy !

I am building with Metro property developments, smooth sailing so far which is great.. Practical completion inspection on the 31/10 so hopefully in two weeks roughly ill have the keys!

I haven't heard of them before but glad to hear all is going well!

So close then, congrats
NicolleAW

Hi Nicolle, we would like to build with Dechellis after visiting several display homes.
Is it possible to have most of our selection and upgrade done in the initial quote before signing off the preliminary? The grande spec is very good deal, but we cannot imagine the total cost with the selection

Willing to see more progress photos of your dream home
dbn
NicolleAW

Hi Nicolle, we would like to build with Dechellis after visiting several display homes.
Is it possible to have most of our selection and upgrade done in the initial quote before signing off the preliminary? The grande spec is very good deal, but we cannot imagine the total cost with the selection

Willing to see more progress photos of your dream home

Hiya,

After seeing a heap of display homes our decision to pick Dechellis was easy, their houses are beautiful and good quality.

It is! Make a list of all the things you want and give them to the sales rep and they will be able to price it in for you
Then its just cosmetic things you would mostly be upgrading at selections.

I cant wait till I have more pictures to share... hopefully our framing goes up soon!
Related
12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

23/04/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

The price you're seeing for a high-spec 2-storey home in Perth sounds steep, but unfortunately, it's kind of the norm these…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum