Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Ausbuild @ Bridgeman Downs

Page 2 of 3
AlCaLuJo
Donna79,

We are not allowed to build any permanent structures on the non-development portion of our lot. A shed would apparently be okay however I will be chasing that up once build is complete.

Valandra,

From looking before we chose to build, homeone seemed like the only real place to talk to others building with most any builders.

BuLe,

Unfortunately for us, the slab was poured right when we planned to have a landscaper site visit.
As it is now a building site we would have to organise a meeting with the building supervisor to do landscaping consult, so we made the decision to wait until later to start sorting out landscaping plans.

As such I can't really speak for the quality of the landscaper, in any case we went with https://everscapes.com.au/

Hope this all helps

Cheers

Thanks for the response. Can I ask how much your solar cost , I see your roof is already up and steady progress is being made.
Valandra
AlCaLuJo
Donna79,

We are not allowed to build any permanent structures on the non-development portion of our lot. A shed would apparently be okay however I will be chasing that up once build is complete.

Valandra,

From looking before we chose to build, homeone seemed like the only real place to talk to others building with most any builders.

BuLe,

Unfortunately for us, the slab was poured right when we planned to have a landscaper site visit.
As it is now a building site we would have to organise a meeting with the building supervisor to do landscaping consult, so we made the decision to wait until later to start sorting out landscaping plans.

As such I can't really speak for the quality of the landscaper, in any case we went with https://everscapes.com.au/

Hope this all helps

Cheers

Thanks for the response. Can I ask how much your solar cost , I see your roof is already up and steady progress is being made.

No problems, the solar setup is 20x 275W Canadian Solar panels and a 5kw Zeversolar inverter at a cost in our contract of $4990.
I am happy with the progress so far, little less happy about a certain tree throwing shade on my panels but c'est la vie I guess.
Awesome thanks, that's better than I was expecting. I did see the offending tree today, unfortunate!
BuLe
AlCaLuJo
Donna79,

Valandra,

BuLe,

Hope this all helps

Cheers

Thanks AlCaLuJo, I will check out everscapes

Just wondering, does anyone have information on Lot75 development plans? This is the big lot on the right as you enter the estate. It seems too big for 1 residential house and i am hoping it's not going to be units/apartments given the tight road network in the estate.
Hi BuLe - do you have stormwater gully traps with grates at or above ground level in your yard?
If so, how many and what do they look like when completed?
Hi Irish16, we received approved plans today and they are showing 9 gully traps including 2 under the outdoor taps.
BuLe
Harrington @ Bridgeman Downs

Jun 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Progress update

Land Prelim Contract signed 17/05/2018
Build Prelim Contract signed 30/05/2018
Land contract received 05/06/2018
Land contract signed 10/06/2018
Building contract signed 27/06/2018
Land settlement 30/07/2018
Tile selections 01/08/2018
Colours selection 06/08/2018
Electricals 06/08/2018
Council submission 22/08/2018
Council building approval granted 29/08/2018
Commencement letter issued 05/09/2018
File handed over to production for materials and labour orders 05/09/2018

You guys are moving faster than us even though we settled on land the same day! We've had our colours and electric appointments moved to 28th so not looking good for a Sept start anymore. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon. Have you got a start date yet?
Not yet, hoping to get that info this week. Once you have done the color selection things should move a bit quicker to get to approval
BuLe
Harrington @ Bridgeman Downs

Jun 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Progress update

Land Prelim Contract signed 17/05/2018
Build Prelim Contract signed 30/05/2018
Land contract received 05/06/2018
Land contract signed 10/06/2018
Building contract signed 27/06/2018
Land settlement 30/07/2018
Tile selections 01/08/2018
Colours selection 06/08/2018
Electricals 06/08/2018
Council submission 22/08/2018
Council building approval granted 29/08/2018
Commencement letter issued 05/09/2018
Onsite works commencement 19/09/2018
#
Slab pouring scheduled for 28/09/2018

Not the perfect start. On Tuesday i got an email that due to recent rains our slab pour which was schedule for Friday 28th has been rescheduled to Friday 5th Oct
Site update. I will be uploading progress photos from time to time on the forum. Here goes the first 1
BuLe
Site update. I will be uploading progress photos from time to time on the forum. Here goes the first 1

BuLe, what house are you building?
Hi Irish, an Ellison 30. How is your build process going?
BuLe

BuLe, we have the frame and roof
Irish16
BuLe

I drove past yesterday and i was surprised at how your house and those at the second bend of Needham (lots 25 and 44) are progressing!

We now have our slab down
BuLe

Slab on the ground

BuLe
Irish16
BuLe

I drove past yesterday and i was surprised at how your house and those at the second bend of Needham (lots 25 and 44) are progressing!

We now have our slab down

They are quick, aren't they?
I was told it all slows down a bit once they get inside.
BuLe
BuLe

Slab on the ground

Congrats! We saw it this morning, full steam ahead now!
Hi BuLe,

We are building a Newbury35 on lot 20. Our slab got poured on Wednesday. Hopefully this rain doesn't hold things up too much!

Jamie
Hi Jamie

The Newbury is a really nice house plan and the facades are beautiful too!
We are building an Ellison 30s just next door. I was quite pleased they kept going in the last couple of days despite the rains.

I will drive by later today to see progress from last 2 days. We have the same SS. All the best with the construction process.

Bule
Thanks Valandra, so far so good
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum