Land settlement 30/07/2018
Tile selections 01/08/2018
Colours selection 06/08/2018
Electricals 06/08/2018
Council submission 22/08/2018
Council building approval granted 29/08/2018
Commencement letter issued 05/09/2018

Onsite works commencement 19/09/2018
Slab pouring scheduled for 28/09/2018 (postponed by 7 days)
Slab pour 05/10/2018

Frame up 09/10/2018 (start)
Roof Completed ~ 31/10/2018
Windows and front door in place ~6/11/2018

Insulation wrapping ~6/11/2018
Electrical/Plumbing rough-in completed 13/11/2018
Private inspector on site for frame inspection 13/11/18 (no major issues at all, but definitely worth the $$)

Plasterboards delivered to site 13/11/2018
Bricks delivered to site 14/11/2018
Brick week commenced 16/11/2018
Plasterboard completed 16/11/2018
Brickwork and external cladding all in place 4/12/2018
Cornices, skirting, architraves, internal doors, wardrobe shelves installed 7/12/2018
Upper-level painting completed and scaffolding removed 17/12/2018
Kitchen cabinetry installed 19/12/2018
Garage door installed 19/12/2018
House now at lock-up stage 20/12/2018
Work on site stopped ~21/12/2018 for Christmas break
Tiling commenced 07/01/2019
Tiling completed 18/01/2019
Painting to commence 20/01/2019
Countertops and sinks installed 08/02/2019
Driveway prep 08/02/2019
External concreting done 11/02/2019
Painters largely done 11/02/2019
Light fittings mostly done 14/02/2019
Letterbox bricked 16/02/2019
Timber fence mostly done 16/02/2019
Air con fit off 26/02/2019
Carpet, Rangehood 15/03/2019
PCI completed 22/03/2019
Handover 29/03/2019
Hi BuLe

A couple on forum have recently built at Gumdale and we are currently building at Kinross Estate Thornlands with AusBuild.

Can't help you with Bridgeman Downs but can help with general build process with AusBuild if required.

All the best with your choice and good luck with your proposed build.

Regards, Paul
Thanks Paul

We are still at the early stages, but will definitely have lots more questions later. I hope your home building at Kinross Estate has been OK so far, what stage is the house at?

Cheers
Frame is up, gutter and fascia went on today as well as roofing battens. Roof should go on next week then electrical and plumbing fitout in next week or two. We also installed a pool shell before house started.

We are building a modified Finlay 36.
pbwhi0
Frame is up, gutter and facia went on today as well as roofing battens. Roof should go on next week then electrical and plumbing fitout in next week or two. We also installed a pool shell before house started.

We are building a modified Finlay 36.

Exciting times ! Just saw your construction photos in another thread, good progress.
BuLe
Hi,

Thinking of buying into one of the AusBuild estates in Bridgeman Downs (North Brisbane). Is anyone currently building in either Harrington Estate or has bought into the Hampton Rise estate?

Hi BuLe, we are in the process of buying at Harrington stage 2.
Have you decided whether to buy there or not? Which lot are you considering?
Hi Irish

We put a deposit in for a stage 1 land and house package at the cul-de-sec. At our second meeting the agent found out he could not fit the house in the lot while meeting council requirements. He offered to put in a smaller house, wife rejected that offer. So we went with one of the stage 2 lots at Harrington which I understand are close to registration. We have now deposited the prelim building fee $2,500. We are building an Ellison 30s.

How far are you with your process?

Cheers
BuLe
Hi Irish

How far are you with your process?

Cheers

We signed prelim build agreement last week.
Stage 2 should be registered in the next few weeks I believe.
Which lot did you choose in stage 2?
We have our land contract, is it OK to sign this document without a review by a solicitor? Any thoughts and past experiences most welcome
As it’s off the plan, many more documents and special conditions. Unless you understand contracts I would get the contract reviewed, as they can give some advice if you need to negotiate any conditions etc.
Irish16
As it’s off the plan, many more documents and special conditions. Unless you understand contracts I would get the contract reviewed, as they can give some advice if you need to negotiate any conditions etc.

Thanks Irish
Cheers
Bule
G'day BuLe,

Just wondering how you're going along so far.
I just noticed this thread, we are building in stage 1 of Harrington on lot 63 (Camden 38 slightly modified).

Slab pour is due to start 5th July and all our final plans are signed off.

Let us know depending how far you are if you have any questions and I'll see what I know.

Cheers
Hi AICaLuJo

So far so good, we got our build plans today and we are having the preliminary studio tour tomorrow. There have been a few bumps that I want to reserve just to give Ausbuild benefit of the doubt for now. I will have some questions later on and thanks for your offer.

The estate plan shows Lot 63 being really huge, i know there are trees but are you allowed to fence off the whole 1898m2? That would be a nice and sizable private backyard for your Camden!

Cheers
BuLe
The fencing isn't complete just yet but the whole lot will be enclosed just for us yes

The trees on the lot are marked under a Significant tree overlay through council meaning we cant build anything permanent on that side of the lot. I will be meeting with a landscape designer hopefully next week to look at potentially leveling off portions of the slope.

With the studio tour keep in mind their selection is fairly limited but if you had eyes on something you found somewhere else, chances are either they can quote getting it in for you or can organise you buying it and they install it, we did that for our cooker and sink/tapware in the kitchen for example.

Cheers and good luck today!
are you allowed to build a pool or shed on the NON development footprint?
AlCaLuJo
The fencing isn't complete just yet but the whole lot will be enclosed just for us yes

The trees on the lot are marked under a Significant tree overlay through council meaning we cant build anything permanent on that side of the lot. I will be meeting with a landscape designer hopefully next week to look at potentially leveling off portions of the slope.

With the studio tour keep in mind their selection is fairly limited but if you had eyes on something you found somewhere else, chances are either they can quote getting it in for you or can organise you buying it and they install it, we did that for our cooker and sink/tapware in the kitchen for example.

Is there an ausbuild page for people building with them?
Valandra
AlCaLuJo

Is there an ausbuild page for people building with them?

Facebook page that is?
AlCaLuJo
G'day BuLe,

Just wondering how you're going along so far.
I just noticed this thread, we are building in stage 1 of Harrington on lot 63 (Camden 38 slightly modified).

Slab pour is due to start 5th July and all our final plans are signed off.

Let us know depending how far you are if you have any questions and I'll see what I know.

Cheers

Hi AlCaLuJo

I hope your build is going smoothly enough. We are shopping around for a landscaper, how happy were you with yours and if you don't mind could please share their contact details. You can message me directly via this site.

Cheers
Bule
Donna79,

We are not allowed to build any permanent structures on the non-development portion of our lot. A shed would apparently be okay however I will be chasing that up once build is complete.

Valandra,

From looking before we chose to build, homeone seemed like the only real place to talk to others building with most any builders.

BuLe,

Unfortunately for us, the slab was poured right when we planned to have a landscaper site visit.
As it is now a building site we would have to organise a meeting with the building supervisor to do landscaping consult, so we made the decision to wait until later to start sorting out landscaping plans.

As such I can't really speak for the quality of the landscaper, in any case we went with https://everscapes.com.au/

Hope this all helps

Cheers
AlCaLuJo
Donna79,

We are not allowed to build any permanent structures on the non-development portion of our lot. A shed would apparently be okay however I will be chasing that up once build is complete.

Valandra,

From looking before we chose to build, homeone seemed like the only real place to talk to others building with most any builders.

BuLe,

Unfortunately for us, the slab was poured right when we planned to have a landscaper site visit.
As it is now a building site we would have to organise a meeting with the building supervisor to do landscaping consult, so we made the decision to wait until later to start sorting out landscaping plans.

As such I can't really speak for the quality of the landscaper, in any case we went with https://everscapes.com.au/

Hope this all helps

Cheers

Thanks AlCaLuJo, I will check out everscapes
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum