Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with New Living Homes

Page 1 of 3
Hi. Just wanted to ask your experience on building with New Living homes particularly during Permit Approval for home construction. Our builder notified us 2 weeks ago that they will start processing it and will notify us once it is ready to be submitted to the private certifier, and again once the plans have been approved. Can you share your experiences with the lead time? TIA
Addell
Hi. Just wanted to ask your experience on building with New Living homes particularly during Permit Approval for home construction. Our builder notified us 2 weeks ago that they will start processing it and will notify us once it is ready to be submitted to the private certifier, and again once the plans have been approved. Can you share your experiences with the lead time? TIA

My experience with NLH is they're quite efficient in the pre construction stage. In regards to how long it takes all I can say is be thankful you can use the private certifier and don't have to go through Council like us. Our da was lodged 7 weeks ago and Council are saying it could take 14 weeks. LOL Surely a mission to Mars would be quicker.
yeah thats what they’re saying too. Oh so you are building with NLH too?
why yours cant go through a private certifier?
Addell
yeah thats what they’re saying too. Oh so you are building with NLH too?
why yours cant go through a private certifier?

Our block's an odd shape corner block plus the Water Board built the sewer line through part of it. Apparantly the build has to meet certain criteria to be eligible for Private Certifier.
Ah i see. When you start your construction, I’d love to hear how you go
it is so hard to find forums in the internet about this. Glad you shared yours to me
Will do but maybe you'll start building before me.
Make sure you follow up with them with your build process. If you won't chase them they will take their own time and delay things.

I am happy they r fixing all the issue I got, thanks god I went through independent inspection. or else I don't know whats missing and work done based on Australian standard.

good luck.
sudu
Make sure you follow up with them with your build process. If you won't chase them they will take their own time and delay things.

I am happy they r fixing all the issue I got, thanks god I went through independent inspection. or else I don't know whats missing and work done based on Australian standard.

good luck.

Wiil do thanks sudu. What issues did you have?
2 major and lots of minor issues. Finishing work is very poor. But u have to give your time chasing and make sure all done

Addell
it is so hard to find forums in the internet about this. Glad you shared yours to me

After much frustration with Landcom and Council my build got released to construction yesterday. Should be seeing some activity onsite soon. NLH have been very good to me so far.
coref1
Addell

After much frustration with Landcom and Council my build got released to construction yesterday. Should be seeing some activity onsite soon. NLH have been very good to me so far.

Thats good news!! When they release for construction you mean the CDC got approved and the construction plans are stamped? When is NLh starting your actual construction?
DA from Council approved, Building certificate obtained, purchase orders completed(20 working day period). Site supo assigned, all green for go. Hope to see activity onsite very soon, maybe by the end of the week although the weather may prevent that. LOL Might by myself a weather proof armchair and position myself accross the road from my block so I can watch them build my house.
Where abouts are you building? Who’s your Site Supervisor?

Ours just got released for construction yesterday, FINALLY! Been going past the block everyday to see if anything is happening!
ZoranaAlex

Ours just got released for construction yesterday, FINALLY! Been going past the block everyday to see if anything is happening!

I'm at Macarthur heights how about you?
coref1
ZoranaAlex

Im at Spring Farm
ZoranaAlex
coref1
ZoranaAlex

Im at Spring Farm

Not too far away, congratulations. We'll have to keep each other updated. Not much happened with my build yet, they encased the sewer last Monday but hoping the excavation works to start very soon. We're building the Kirra how about you?
Definitely! We’ve been waiting for ages to get to this stage! we were told that the house will be finished by December , but i highly doubt it now! We’re building the Azalea 4 with elara facade.

What facade did you choose?
ZoranaAlex
Definitely! We’ve been waiting for ages to get to this stage! we were told that the house will be finished by December , but i highly doubt it now! We’re building the Azalea 4 with elara facade.

Elara as well. I was told if the slabs down in July your usually in by Xmas but we'll see. I think the best idea is to take a relaxed view of the whole thing and try to enjoy watching your house be built if possible.
coref1
ZoranaAlex

Elara as well. I was told if the slabs down in July your usually in by Xmas but we'll see. I think the best idea is to take a relaxed view of the whole thing and try to enjoy watching your house be built if possible.

Oh Nice! Yes that's what they told us too, I don't know if they will be able to put our slab by the end of July! That's all we can do I guess
Hi all! We got our CDC last friday! Just waiting for the LOC from the bank.. NLH said they will start building 20 days after they receive this. I think its too long
Related
24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum