Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Boston 36 Central Coast

Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I am going to start a blog on our build. We are building in Kooindah Waters on the Central Coast.

I originally had three tenders for very similar homes:
Bellriver Bronte 41 $530k
Eden Brae Windsor 40 $525k
Clarendon Boston 36 $501k

My husband and I chose to go with Clarendon as we liked the free sapphire package.

10/5/18 we have signed our contract and tender. Final price came in at $500k. This includes ensuite to all bedrooms, converted study to a guest room with an ensuite, and a grand alfresco.
Sandra from norwest Clarendon was wonderful.

11/5/18 first appointment with tile direct. Not the most helpful experience. They didn’t have pictures for inspiration. The standard selection is limited. I have a goal to do NO upgrades the whole build.... will see if I can achieve this.

Hi. We are looking st this house design and love the new Hamptons facade. Which facade have you decided on and can you please tell me if the facade is included in the final $500k cost? Thanks
Rebel
Hi. We are looking st this house design and love the new Hamptons facade. Which facade have you decided on and can you please tell me if the facade is included in the final $500k cost? Thanks

The Hamptons facade and grand alfresco, along with an ensuite to each of the 5 bedrooms are included in my $500k tender. We hav converted the study downstairs to o a guest bedroom with a two way bathroom.
That tender price is cheap considering it has 5 bathrooms and the facade upgrade. Almost a too good to be true price. Love the Hamptons look. Cant wait for the updates
It’s a great price and includes free sapphire upgrades and a $5k colour studio voucher.
The trick to saving is say no to upgrades. Get standard everything except underlay for Capet.
We visit the colour studio soon and will post again.
Update....
So far we have completed our colour selection and tile selection.
Colour appointment went from 9-3pm. We were treated to a delicious lunch and cappuccinos. Staff were fantastic. Our upgrades came to $7k.
Tile appointment was a Tile Direct on the Central Coast. We stuck with the standard tiles and chose white and grey tiles, black matt taps.
Next.... Electrical appointment and landscaping plan.
Rebel

Yes its included. We did need to pay an extra $5k for bagging around the bottom half of the house.
Hi Anna,
Would you mind sharing what else in included in this tender. We like the Boston and also the Madison 38 and just received a rough price for the Madison and the price is higher than we would have liked. I think I included too many extras lol. How much was the Boston facade if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,
Ash
ashjay
Hi Anna,
Would you mind sharing what else in included in this tender. We like the Boston and also the Madison 38 and just received a rough price for the Madison and the price is higher than we would have liked. I think I included too many extras lol. How much was the Boston facade if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,
Ash

Hi
It was $501k including the Hamptons facade.
After upgrading on carpet, electrical, kitchen, plantation shutters and tiles our final cost has come to $524k.
This price beat Eden Brae Windsor 40 and Bellriver bronte 41.
Anna4Chris
Hi
It was $501k including the Hamptons facade.
After upgrading on carpet, electrical, kitchen, plantation shutters and tiles our final cost has come to $524k.
This price beat Eden Brae Windsor 40 and Bellriver bronte 41.

Awesome thank you. Seems like a fantastic price. I didn't realise they could also add window coverings like Plantations, definitely something worth looking into.

Thanks,
Ash
Hi,

I'm also looking at building the Boston but have only just started looking so I'm curious to understand all the costs involve and extra things I need to consider such as did you upgrade the air-conditioning?

Thanks
Amanda
Hello. Thank you for creating this blog. We are really interested in building the Boston 36 and are doing our homework at the moment. Can I ask how your build process is going and how you are finding Clarendon to work with?
Anna4Chris
It’s a great price and includes free sapphire upgrades and a $5k colour studio voucher.
The trick to saving is say no to upgrades. Get standard everything except underlay for Capet.
We visit the colour studio soon and will post again.

Hi Anna, this price is incredible. We're also interested in building Boston 36 in western Sydney, my quote with Claredon is already exceeding $528k with basic facade, evolution package instead of sapphire. Do you mind me asking how much was the site cost for your block? i'll have to pay additional 15k to upgrade to sapphire, if i stick with evolution i have pay extra to change to electric cooktop because our house does not have gas connection. It'll be at least 25k extra to upgrade to the Hampton facade. I thought the base price for NSW should be the same? I'm perplexed with such large price differential! Any additional info you could provide on base cost, Hampton facade and site costs would be much appreciated.
Hi, all your info is really helfpul and really appreciate your time writing and blogging!
We are looking at the Boston as well and so far all dealings with Clarendon have been great. Except for all the hidden upgrades I found on the plans - like the huge window in the back area is an upgrade if you want it fully closed! Also Hamptons facade was $25K EXTRA!!! WTF
We are looking at keeping things simple and as much to Standard Inclusions (Sapphire) as possible.
Anyway I really wanted to ask about the Standard floor tile/laminate options?? Was there a large colour range and style to choose from? Do they have subway tiles etc? Do you have a brochure you could possibly share? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
ABBS
Hi, all your info is really helfpul and really appreciate your time writing and blogging!
We are looking at the Boston as well and so far all dealings with Clarendon have been great. Except for all the hidden upgrades I found on the plans - like the huge window in the back area is an upgrade if you want it fully closed! Also Hamptons facade was $25K EXTRA!!! WTF
We are looking at keeping things simple and as much to Standard Inclusions (Sapphire) as possible.
Anyway I really wanted to ask about the Standard floor tile/laminate options?? Was there a large colour range and style to choose from? Do they have subway tiles etc? Do you have a brochure you could possibly share? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi there, it's interesting that you ask about the standard floor tiles. I went out to tiles direct to check out the standard options just this morning as i want to know what's available before signing anything with Clarendon. Personally i found the choices were quite limited, i preferred gloss tiles and apply slippery resistance on top as they look super nice with the downlights, the standard option only have tiles with non rectified edges meaning the grout will be at least 3mm thick and doesnt look nice with gloss tiles, if i want to upgrade it'll be at least 8k extra. The tiles for splashback only have tiny rectangular tiles as standard and dont even have other options worth upgrading. They don't give out brochure, if you want to check it out yourself you can book an appointment online, they do standard tours every Sat if you live in Sydney. Hope you find this useful.
Duffy
ABBS
Thanks

Hi there, it's interesting that you ask about the standard floor tiles. I went out to tiles direct to check out the standard options just this morning as i want to know what's available before signing anything with Clarendon. Personally i found the choices were quite limited, i preferred gloss tiles and apply slippery resistance on top as they look super nice with the downlights, the standard option only have tiles with non rectified edges meaning the grout will be at least 3mm thick and doesnt look nice with gloss tiles, if i want to upgrade it'll be at least 8k extra. The tiles for splashback only have tiny rectangular tiles as standard and dont even have other options worth upgrading. They don't give out brochure, if you want to check it out yourself you can book an appointment online, they do standard tours every Sat if you live in Sydney. Hope you find this useful.

Thanks for the quick response and that was NOT the answer I was hoping for! Can we opt to do the floor tiles ourselves, meaning we get our own quotes etc?
ABBS
Duffy
ABBS
Thanks

Thanks for the quick response and that was NOT the answer I was hoping for! Can we opt to do the floor tiles ourselves, meaning we get our own quotes etc?

No worries! yeah i was a bit disappointed as well. I asked the assistance this morning, he said they could supply material and we can get our own tradies to lay the tiles, but they won't provide warranty on the tiles though if thats the case, whether or not we get our own supply and labour it's a question for Clarendon.
Hi, we are going to build Boston 36 with grand alfresco.
Already signed the contract.
Next week we are going for tiles selection.can anyone give me an idea how much am i looking for upgrade to rectified tiles.
We have already blown our budget.
Want to know whether or not we can afford it.
And how is electrical upgrades. is it reasonable.we have provision of 6K . will that be enough for downlight , pendent lights and powerpoint.
I am building the Boston 35. So frustrating that you are not allowed to have the phone number of the building site supervisor. I wait for my weekly phone call, but if I cant answer when he rings he leave a message and then I have to wait another week to hopefully catch him. I cant say I'm happy with the build so far.
It might surprise you to know how many new constructions many site supervisors have. Twenty plus is not uncommon.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

11/07/2023
Central Properties

Building A New House

Hi, just need to ask if anyone build with Central Properties in Victoria. Thankd

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum