Building my first home and would like to get few advices before our colour and electrical appointment (end of May 2018 ).
If you experienced folks can point me in the right direction or any advice is greatly appreciated.
Builder: Metricon | Design: Delta 25S | Facade: Luxe | Upgrade-pack: luxury pack freedom range
- Are down-lights bad as they say? The top reasons I’ve found supporting this,
- they require multiple lights to cover an area and the added wattage can go above normal lights.
- Ceiling flushed down-lights require part of the thick insulation directly above to be removed (~ 1 sqf) for transformer sitting above, and this brings down the thermal efficiency of the overall area.
Decided to keep down-lights only in the living rooms area and have normal led lights for bedrooms. Just wanted to get second opinion and experience you guys might have.
Want to have server rack installed in the house and would like to know few good locations for this based on the floor plan. This will provision to cctv, wifi points, and hard wired data points. I have thought of putting it inside the broom closet or inside the laundry section, but being a first time builder not sure how good or bad this decision is. I want to decide on the point of installation for the builder to provide provisioning. (please check attached link for floor plan), I’m thinking of moving the nbn point to here as well.
- Is it worth investing on a multi zone heater for a single story? (I’m thinking 2 zones + common area).
- Does the star value of the heater really make a difference or is it more of a selling point?. i.e. Standard heater provided by builder is 3.x star. The upgraded heaters have 5.x, 6.3, 6.8 and 7.0 star ratings. (2 zone heater i think is about 6.x)
- Floorboards: Timber look laminate floorboards (Rustic Barley or Rustic Buckwheat) + upgraded underlay.
- Carpets: Loop style carpets (few colours) + upgraded underlay.
Anyone has experience with these carpets and floorboards?
- I wish to have cctv system installed but have no idea on what are the best positions to have provisioning installed.
- Tiles: color-through tiles or painted tiles or colorbond ? I have a hard time figuring out, even-though I’ve read the differences between them. Any experience is greatly appreciated. + sarking upgrade
Thanks for your time reading all this.