Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Box Hill NSW - Builder recommendation and house design

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
We are planning to build our first house so looking for some recommended builders and designs

We will be building in Gables in Box Hill NSW. Block size is approx 700m2 with a 30m frontage and 16m rear so looking for a wider style house

Block is pretty level so dont envision that being a major problem. Need some thing modern and possibly with a dedicated home theater room to server as a man cave

Budget all up approx 500K all up for the build

We liked a few designs from Wisdom homes and Fowler

Any other details we should consider being the first time we are building
I would avoid Fowler Homes like the plague.
I am in the Illawarra area and watched 2 houses being built by them. One is now nearing completion, but it has taken Fowler over 2 years to get to that stage. Weeks go by without anyone doing any work. The finishes appear very poor.
Another started in Spring last year. Pretty much the same story, with weeks going by without any progress. This house had the framework warped and rotting because of the time left in the weather. So, after the slab was laid, approx 6 months ago, only framework is started. I understood from discussion with an owner, that Fowler offer only $1 per day if they go beyond the building contract period, so there is absolutely no incentive for them to rush, or even attempt to deliver a build on time.
Thanks

I got the same feedback from other forums I have been reading. So far good reviews for Eden Brae and ok reviews for Wisdom
Narrowed it down to Wisdom, now deciding between there Manhattan and Monte Carlo
Related
18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum