Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Liberty 40 Schofields

Page 2 of 3
johar.ankur
NedY
Great to see your build is underway.

Thanks Ned,

Hope your build is progressing well too.. do you have a handover date from Metricon yet?

Mostly just touch ups now. Current estimate is handover end of this month.
Slab has been poured today!! Should be able to post few pics on the weekend 😊
Nice!! Just noticed you removed all your bathtubs in favor of big showers! We also did that in our main bath, it's great. We kept the bath in our master and haven't even used it once lol.
dulie
Nice!! Just noticed you removed all your bathtubs in favor of big showers! We also did that in our main bath, it's great. We kept the bath in our master and haven't even used it once lol.

Haha yeah.. love big shower area
. Though my wife was in favour of getting at least 1 bathtub but in the end we decided to do it this way
johar.ankur
Slab has been poured today!! Should be able to post few pics on the weekend 😊

Hi Johan,
Just a curiosity, did they pour slab for garage and alfresco area as well ? Or that would be concrete only.
The reason I am asking, my builder is quoted 26k for site cost and said garage, porch and alfresco area would be poured as part of slab, unsure whats the reality and how does it usually work.
Thank you.
Hi Wild,

The garage & portico were included in the slab pour. When we had the initial plans they didn’t include the portico & told us it isn’t standard. However, M did not charge us extra for the portico slab concrete, we did pay around $2K for floor & skirting tiles for the portico are.

For alfresco, this wasn’t part of the slab & M quoted us $3K for the concrete pour with broom finish. We did not go ahead with this as we will be getting wooden decking in alfresco area so it doesn’t matter if we have concrete underneath or not.

Cheers
Thanks for the response Johan, In your opinion does it worth paying extra for garage and portico area to be poured as part of the slab or just to have concrete there to save some money ?
Wild
Thanks for the response Johan, In your opinion does it worth paying extra for garage and portico area to be poured as part of the slab or just to have concrete there to save some money ?

I would say anything as part of the slab would definitely be more solid & long lasting than a seperate concrete pour that is more prone to cracks etc.. but depends on how you would like to use the space. If you have plans for tiled alfresco then definitely go for slab.. same with portico..

Maybe save some money for the garage as it’s a rough space anyways to park the car & for storage? It’s your decision my friend.

Cheers
Spoke to mimosa and they said they cannot pour portico area as part of the slab at all, I reckon I would need to go with decking option for both portico and alfresco area.
Never noticed the step down on your plans, that's pretty cool. What will be the ceiling height in the front area and garage? 3m+?
dulie
Never noticed the step down on your plans, that's pretty cool. What will be the ceiling height in the front area and garage? 3m+?

Yep, 3.2 mtrs.. hope it looks good thought! We never knew when we purchased the land

Guys had been busy whole of this week to put the frame.. hopefully first floor to start soon & then the rooofing
Exciting time! It's starting to take shape!
Happy to see the progress, whats the ceiling height you are going for ?
NedY
Exciting time! It's starting to take shape!

Thanks Ned.. hope you’re built is going well too
Wild

Thank you.. we have a step down in our slab so the front of the house & garage have 3.2 mtr ceiling & the rest of the house has 2.7
Had a chat with the site manager this Monday who advise that M somehow forgot to order the steel frames when they ordered the material for the framing. It’s been such a beautiful weather in Sydney with no sign of rain & the work is on hold due to no steel frames. Can’t believe such a carelessness from a big builder like M.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
johar.ankur
Wild

Thank you.. we have a step down in our slab so the front of the house & garage have 3.2 mtr ceiling & the rest of the house has 2.7

we are planning to build Mantra 29, Any feedback regarding 2550 ceiling height or thats low ?
We are getting 2550 ceiling height as part of promotion, increased ceiling height to 2700 is an extra $3500, have you also increased the size of doors and windows to match the 2700 mm ceiling height?
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum