Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Liberty 40 Schofields

Page 1 of 3
Starting this thread as we start to build our dream home soon. Metricon Liberty 40 Verve. We are currently at the lodgement phase where Metricon is expected to lodge our plan tp Blacktown City Council this week. Any ideas how long the BCC takes to approve the plans?
Congrats on the build Johar, look forward to following the process

Not sure about blacktown but our Council took under a week. Project homes are pretty standard applications.

That facade looks awesome, love the corner window on the bottom floor.
Thanks elieassi,

M lodged the application to Blacktown City Council on Monday, 7 May, let’s see how long it takes now.
I will post the final plans here too..
DA approved on Friday 25th May.. fingers crossed with everything now our build starts soon!!

Wow I love the changes you've made to the original plans! That extra master in the rear is gold! Wish we had thought of that.
Best of luck on your construction!
dulie
Wow I love the changes you've made to the original plans! That extra master in the rear is gold! Wish we had thought of that.

Thanks dulie!! We always wanted 2 x masters so glad our sales consultant was able to design something
. Has the construction started for your home?
johar.ankur
dulie

Thanks dulie!! We always wanted 2 x masters so glad our sales consultant was able to design something

Yeah we would have loved to have 2 masters, just couldn't come up with the right design. Your consultant did awesome!

Our home finished last year. You can see our journey from my signature below =)
All the best with your build. I like your design can’t wait to see how it all. Turns out.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
dulie
johar.ankur
dulie

Yeah we would have loved to have 2 masters, just couldn't come up with the right design. Your consultant did awesome!

Our home finished last year. You can see our journey from my signature below =)

That’s great, Dulie! I’m sure you must be enjoying your dream home
. It’s so awesome that you’ve described your new home journey in such detail..I’m going through each page slowly 😉
Doulton777
All the best with your build. I like your design can’t wait to see how it all. Turns out.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Wow.. you’ve built a mansion, Doulton. I’m sure you must be enjoying your new home

Thanks for the best wishes
I will keep you guys updated about the progress
So before we start construction, Metricon has asked us to get rid of the shrubs & extra grass! I find this request a bit annoying when we are paying them $600K+
Also there is no electricity point so I can’t use my electric mower 😑
[img]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/83833_1527577661.jpeg[/img
What a nice, classic exterior. That won't date. Care with the proposed encased posts on the alfresco, they can be a termite highway to heaven! Wishing you a successful journey on your build.
johar.ankur
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Wow.. you’ve built a mansion, Doulton. I’m sure you must be enjoying your new home

Haha I wish we are not in there yet. Thursday is the big day. Then we finally get handover.

Looking forwards to seeing your updates

viewtopic.php?t=86597
kks
What a nice, classic exterior. That won't date. Care with the proposed encased posts on the alfresco, they can be a termite highway to heaven! Wishing you a successful journey on your build.

Thanks heaps KKS for the best wishes 😊
Doulton777
johar.ankur
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Haha I wish we are not in there yet. Thursday is the big day. Then we finally get handover.

Looking forwards to seeing your updates

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Awesome.. looking forward to hear the handover updates mate. All the best
johar.ankur
That’s great, Dulie! I’m sure you must be enjoying your dream home
. It’s so awesome that you’ve described your new home journey in such detail..I’m going through each page slowly 😉

Yeah we definitely are enjoying the home. Thanks and enjoy the read =)
So I’ve been really busy with work lately so this is a bit delayed post. Happy to share that the work has already started:

W/C 25 June 2018 - Work officially started
W/C 2 July 2018 - Land cut & fill done, piers poured.

Great to see the guys were also working this morning to get the slab poured next week. Slab pour date given by our Site Manager is Wednesday 11 July 2018.

Attached are few pics

Great to see your build is underway.
NedY
Great to see your build is underway.

Thanks Ned,

Hope your build is progressing well too.. do you have a handover date from Metricon yet?
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum