Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Wine room temperature control / air con

Page 1 of 1
Hi there

Has anyone built/building their home with a wine room and can offer guidance with temperature control?

The wine room we are building is on the ground floor (not basement) between kitchen and dining and is quite small at 2m x 2.5m, with glass entry doors. It will need some kind of stability in temp so looking to see what options we have.

Our builder has suggested a small split system air con just for the room. This seems to be the most economical option but the unit would be quite large on the wall and not quite the look we are going for.

Any other options?

thanks
Sydney home
Hi there

Has anyone built/building their home with a wine room and can offer guidance with temperature control?

The wine room we are building is on the ground floor (not basement) between kitchen and dining and is quite small at 2m x 2.5m, with glass entry doors. It will need some kind of stability in temp so looking to see what options we have.

Our builder has suggested a small split system air con just for the room. This seems to be the most economical option but the unit would be quite large on the wall and not quite the look we are going for.

Any other options?

thanks

We use a split system air con at work for our fine wine room and it works a treat. I can see your hesitation on the look though. Could you add an extra vent with a seperate zone? That’s what we’re doing for our scullery to keep wine in.
Thnaks for response. Do you mean the unit would be in another room and just a vent in the wine room?
Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old post. Did you guys get anywhere here? I am wanting some cheap room conditioning.

I've got a small concrete under house cellar (3/4 in ground, 1/4 bricked. Underneath house). It's 2m wide x 3.5m long x 2m high
It will stay relatively cool (max temp about 20 degrees in middle of summer) without any room treatment.

I was going to put in a small split system reverse cycle air conditioner; but most air conditioners won't cool below 18 degrees celcius.

I've seen very expensive room conditioners from the USA for about 3K$ which is way out of budget...

Anyone come accross better options?

Cheers + thanks,
Scott.
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum