Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Breeze Bardia

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy in New breeze -Bardia. I wanted to know if i am already late, especially after the way the prices have skyrocketed. Will i still be gaining something by buying now or should i consider suburbs like Austral? I am new to Australia, jus 9 months old here and your reviews will really help me steer forward in making the right decision. Please advise on what are the key factors i should consider before buying in New Breeze and anything else you want me to be wary of. Please help me!

Thanks folks.
Fairy
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy in New breeze -Bardia. I wanted to know if i am already late, especially after the way the prices have skyrocketed. Will i still be gaining something by buying now or should i consider suburbs like Austral? I am new to Australia, jus 9 months old here and your reviews will really help me steer forward in making the right decision. Please advise on what are the key factors i should consider before buying in New Breeze and anything else you want me to be wary of. Please help me!

Thanks folks.

I am 30 months old in AU and currently building at Bardia. The suburb is poised to grow in terms of value as the location is premium as compared to neighboring Edmondson Park, Austral etc. The key decision factors depend on your lifestyle, family profile, work commute etc. Too many combinations to list here ! If you ask specific questions...happy to answer.

Also check
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88037
Hi.Saw the smart living lots in New Breeze. They have a 'reloaded garage' i.e. drive way and garage at the back. Lots facing Macdonald road cant have garage at the front. The driveway area is included in the lot area. Do you think these type of houses i.e. reloaded garages will build good equity? Also, can efficient and good plans be fitted on the lots? Let me know what aspects are to be considered.
Fairy
Hi.Saw the smart living lots in New Breeze. They have a 'reloaded garage' i.e. drive way and garage at the back. Lots facing Macdonald road cant have garage at the front. The driveway area is included in the lot area. Do you think these type of houses i.e. reloaded garages will build good equity? Also, can efficient and good plans be fitted on the lots? Let me know what aspects are to be considered.

Lots facing Macdonald will bear the brunt of the traffic which will increase substantially with the new developments in the area. In my view, the smart living design seems to be a compromise with a fancy name. If the area is large then good plans should not be a problem. I have read on other forums about extra costs due to the separate garage (separate slab, full roofing and walls). Why don't you look at rent/lease advertisements in that area and maybe some will be a smart living design. That way you can actually get a feel of how things could pan out. Folks usually like a backyard...I am not sure how that works out when there is a garage there.
Hi Guys, [URGENT HELP REQUIRED]

I have a query and need a second opinion. Mine is a small lot(8m width). My builder took more than 3 months to finalise the design, complete structure design, Bushfire and Sydnbey water approvals. He was ready to submit for CDC approval and the certifier reverted back saying that we cannot build second storey up to the fence. Let me explain my plan.

I have left 1.3 m easement space on one end and occuping upto the fence on the other side. Now the builder says that the certifier denied to accept the plan stating that the first storey should have an easement of 1.3 meters on either sides. This is causing a narrow width on the first floor and taken away all the charm.
Fairy

Hi Fariy,

New Breeze, location wise is excellent due to proximity to station and upcoming shopping centre. It will also be easier if work places are around ingleburn industrial, camden valley, Leppington or Liverpool. This will help equity grow.

Now in regard to rear garage, I have similar and I would recommend do not go for it. Its a headache to choose a builder and cost runs 25-30k upwards as you need different slab for it etc. In case if there is a slope near area of garage, you are also looking at inbuilt retaining wall to garage. All these will increase headache and price substantially. As such cambelltown guidelines are very stupid in the matter as you have to find space for PPOS(principal private open space) which makes it even worst and you will end up with very small home comprising a lot at the construction cost of a bigger home. These are my learning in building in this area. And if to maximise you build, you have to go for DA approval rather than CDC, you are staring at 4 months of delay straight. Its horrible.

Smart living my a**, its a complete smart way of misguiding customer by New Breeze to buy into their horribly planned land.

I would recommend buy on Edmondson park side which is under liverpool council OR, buy in new breeze with Standard front garage option. Make sure your lot is wide (preferable over 12.5m) to fit most design and depth of atleast 30m. If at all you get easement in your block, consider that as useless area to you as you cant build in that space, so you would have go even bigger block with easements on it.

All the best.
Hope this helps someone else as well:
My lot registered in Sep 2017 and at that time I paid council charges/rates to New Breeze/Dahua via my solicitor. This was as per the agreed contractual understanding. At that time, New Breeze/Dahua did not pay the rates for 17-18 to Campbelltown and I paid those in full in Feb'18 after I received a notice/invoice. Subsequently after 6 months of followup by my solicitor with New Breeze/Dahua there was an acknowledgement that they had not paid council. Pursuant to my followup for a refund, they paid that to council in Jul'18...as a result my property account is in credit
so no more payments during the year.
Please check your payments and followup for a refund where required.
Hi Guys,

My bank is asking for "uilder’s contracts work insurance" before releasing the consturction commencement letter. But my builders isnt ready to pay, he said that this insurance is not part of our building contract and the customer has to pay. Any insight here would be much helpful.

Shisir
Dontcha just love this industry?
regmiboyer
Hi Guys,

My bank is asking for "uilder’s contracts work insurance" before releasing the consturction commencement letter. But my builders isnt ready to pay, he said that this insurance is not part of our building contract and the customer has to pay. Any insight here would be much helpful.

Shisir

The builder is legally required to have the insurance where the contract value is more than $20k. The builders do this all the time (obtain insurance). I am really surprised why your builder is refusing to obtain and provide that insurance. There is no way that you should be paying for his insurance.
regmiboyer
Hi Guys,

Shisir

Who is your builder?
Divine Homes
Did anyone get DA approval. How long did they take?

Mine is at the end of 13 weeks..they got to profile only on 10-11th week.
I got my CDC in 4 days.
regmiboyer
Hi Guys,

Shisir

If you choose design from a builder, normally, its builder job to pay for the insurance. I never heard you have to pay it yourself.

You will only pay your own insurance if you manage everything yourself.
Related
17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum