Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I am new to this forum. Currently at Colour Selection stage with Wisdom Homes.

However, being very fickle and I know its impractical and not a good idea to change at this very late stage but I am thinking of changing our facade.

We are building Columbus 22, classic facade and would want to change to Nova Terrace as I really lime the idea of having tall piers (yes I didnt realize that before when signing contract).

Is there a way that I can achieve this? I understand that no structural variation can be accepted post contract signing. As per our customer service, we will have to request for a new tender (back to zero), problem is we will have to work on the current price of the house as there was already price increase.

Just wondering if we can still have the same price of house and undergo tender process again since I am not changing the house but just the facade.

Our property is unregistered, tentative registration around october this year and tender is valid until april 2019.

Appeciate inputs/suggestions.

Thanks!

Kat
KatDS
Hi!

However, being very fickle and I know its impractical and not a good idea to change at this very late stage but I am thinking of changing our facade.

We are building Columbus 22, classic facade and would want to change to Nova Terrace as I really lime the idea of having tall piers (yes I didnt realize that before when signing contract).

Is there a way that I can achieve this? I understand that no structural variation can be accepted post contract signing. As per our customer service, we will have to request for a new tender (back to zero), problem is we will have to work on the current price of the house as there was already price increase.

Just wondering if we can still have the same price of house and undergo tender process again since I am not changing the house but just the facade.

Our property is unregistered, tentative registration around october this year and tender is valid until april 2019.

Thanks!

Kat

Hi Kat, assuming you have already signed your contract, I'm pretty sure you can request a Variation to make changes - you will just need to pay an admin fee and/or a re draw fee which is about $1500. I don't believe you need go back to Tender stage. If you have signed Contract, you are locked into that price, the base price as per that Contract.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have already signed the contract, but I hope I can make that variation since I am not actually changing the house. As per the consultant, if I change the facade I should be redoing the tender and of course with that new prices shall apply. What I dont understand, I am ok with havign to do the tender again, but the price of house shouldnt changed as I have already paid for that to get a fixed price until tender expiration.

I told them I thought I will just have to pay for the $1,500 admin fee, but according to them that applies only to non strucural variation. I dont know now.

I dont know if if I am making sense but hopefully I can speak to a sales manager this week so I can discuss this further.

Thanks thanks for the info.
Also watch your progress as they're dumping everything on beightbour lot and on street and you will end up fighting with neighbour.

It's now happening for us. They dumped on the starting stage, complained and all cleaned.

However the version 2 is happening on landscape stage.

As big building don't have a set policy to control the supplier they outsource and and get the business done.

Wisdom home seems don't care about anything as long as they get paid and profit accounted.
Sydmate
Also watch your progress as they're dumping everything on beightbour lot and on street and you will end up fighting with neighbour.

It's now happening for us. They dumped on the starting stage, complained and all cleaned.

However the version 2 is happening on landscape stage.

As big building don't have a set policy to control the supplier they outsource and and get the business done.

Wisdom home seems don't care about anything as long as they get paid and profit accounted.

Hi Sydmate, it’s not clear what your issue is from your post and I absolutely disagree with your final statement. Please PM me with the specific details and I will ensure we address your concerns if we are at fault.

Regards,

Mark
Hey All, I posted in Landscaping trying to decide on options for the majestic 38 to sit in our land. We are at 2nd stage tender but stuck as didn't think of landscaping in enough detail till now.

Know a few of you have similar designs, posting the link here if you have any opinions on what you think is better.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92024
KatDS
Hi!

Thanks!

Kat

Hi,
We are in tender process with Wisdom H, how was your experience with the builder?
J
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum