Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Marcoola 32 - mundoolun estate Qld

Page 1 of 1
We are building the marcoola 32 and this whole process has taken forever... is it normal that we paid our deposit in October 2017 with no waiting for the land to register? We are still waiting for our start date. We haven’t really made any changes since the original quote and only very minor ones as we have waited so long. We did have a pre-start sales guy who was new and honestly was really bad at getting back to us. And never followed up on anything unless I called and spoke to reception. They have this week told us he no longer works for coral homes. I would ask him do you need anything from me... he would say no all good. Then ask me for a letter I had sent three times.

We can’t be the only ones experiencing this... I am wishing we chose another builder.

We now have a lady and she seems very on to it and should help us get started.
That's a pain. It took forever for our land to register. Once everything was approved etc it was all systems go.
Is your build approved by council? Have you been to colours etc? Where exactly are you in the process? have you signed a contract?
Our council approval came back at the start of March once it was lodged it only took a week to come back, and we did colours on the 22nd March. Our contract took from October to about the 10th jan.

Then we were waiting for a variation that only came back about two weeks ago. Now it was waiting on Coral. We were told everything was good one week then the next they needed something else. When they said our estimated start date was May our rep said no way we will have you started well before then.

It’s looking like it will be May after all. I just wanted to know if it usually takes this long. When we signed in October the sales guy said it only takes 6 months to build and it’s already been 6 months and we haven’t even got a start date.
We paid our initial deposit in May 2017 but had to wait for our land to register in November. Soil tests were done in November and contracts signed 27 January. Our council approval came back in late February. Colours and electrical done 7 March and start date was 6 April 2018 (one week earlier than expected).
It can take up to 6 months to build from when they start building, but we have been told it should be 16-18 weeks (4 months).
Hang in there, May is next week.
bestspecials
We paid our initial deposit in May 2017 but had to wait for our land to register in November. Soil tests were done in November and contracts signed 27 January. Our council approval came back in late February. Colours and electrical done 7 March and start date was 6 April 2018 (one week earlier than expected).
It can take up to 6 months to build from when they start building, but we have been told it should be 16-18 weeks (4 months).
Hang in there, May is next week.

Yes I know, just wondering if this was normal.

Very excited now, sat at the block for about an hour this afternoon. Very excited and I think it will look great when it’s all done.
Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum