Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes

Page 18 of 25
Bronte19
Week 10

All fixed carpentry items have been installed. Painting did not start last Friday so hopefully it starts today. Also Kitchen is supposed to go it today. Front half as been rendered as per the Matrix Facade. Could not sneak in as the all the doors were locked (Bugger! lol)

How is everyone else's build going?

Hi Bronte19,

We're currently at week 14 and still in frame stage. After having just a slab for 12 weeks we are so happy to finally have some progress!

I'm glad everything is traveling along smoothly for you though 🙂

JCM1
Bronte19
Week 10

All fixed carpentry items have been installed. Painting did not start last Friday so hopefully it starts today. Also Kitchen is supposed to go it today. Front half as been rendered as per the Matrix Facade. Could not sneak in as the all the doors were locked (Bugger! lol)

Hi Bronte19,

We're currently at week 14 and still in frame stage. After having just a slab for 12 weeks we are so happy to finally have some progress!

Happy to see your Frame
It should move quickly from her hopefully.
JCM1
Bronte19
Week 10

Hi Bronte19,

Yay for a frame. I hope the rest goes quickly
I have reviewed my brickwork and I'm not particularly happy. I have quite a number of chipped bricks with the red brick exposed. Maybe I'm being picky but I find it very noticeable and I did pay ~$1400 for the brick upgrade. I suspect it could be the quality of the bricks.

CalicoCat
I have reviewed my brickwork and I'm not particularly happy. I have quite a number of chipped bricks with the red brick exposed. Maybe I'm being picky but I find it very noticeable and I did pay ~$1400 for the brick upgrade. I suspect it could be the quality of the bricks.

Did you discuss this with your SS? Ours looked much better once they pressure cleaned it.
Bronte19
Week 10

Wow your house is moving along so fast 😁
Are you happy with all your selections so far?
CalicoCat

I absolutely LOVE your bricks!
I am sure they will look much better once they have been cleaned.
Think I have read that when the colour chips off that style of brick they can patch them up?
Would anyone like to share their names and info?

I will start....

I am Tracey and my hubby is Geoff.
We are in our 50's and downsizers.
We sold our house in Grovedale Geelong and are now renting waiting for our land to title in Charlemont Rise.
We will be building the Bronte 191 with the Surfcoast Facade.
GEOnTREY

I will start....

We sold our house in Grovedale Geelong and are now renting waiting for our land to title in Charlemont Rise.

Ben, 31
Building our first home in Melbourne South - East
GEOnTREY
Bronte19
Week 10

Yeah happy with it so far. They are painting this week then tiling next week. So will have more idea then.
GEOnTREY
CalicoCat

Think I have read that when the colour chips off that style of brick they can patch them up?

I hope so. I emailed my new consultant regarding them the other day and have not heard back. I preferred my old Construction Consultant, he was good to work with and kept me up to date. I only found out yesterday by a family member that I have plaster.

I love the bricks too, they look different in different lights. They are selkirk thunderstorm.
GEOnTREY

I will start....

I'm Chloe, 31 and building my first home just outside of Geelong.
I'm building the Clovelly 191 with the standard harbour facade but upgraded my bricks to cat 7 (Selkirk thunderstorm).

Charlemont Rise is a nice estate. Geelong has got quite expensive. I was looking at small established houses in the outer suburbs but they were way outside my price range. Even suburbs like Corio and Norlane have got expensive.
Bronte19
GEOnTREY
Bronte19
Week 10

Yeah happy with it so far. They are painting this week then tiling next week. So will have more idea then.

Hi Ben
Glad you are happy so far 😀

Did your kitchen go in?
CalicoCat
GEOnTREY
CalicoCat

I hope so. I emailed my new consultant regarding them the other day and have not heard back. I preferred my old Construction Consultant, he was good to work with and kept me up to date. I only found out yesterday by a family member that I have plaster.

I love the bricks too, they look different in different lights. They are selkirk thunderstorm.

I hope your bricks get cleaned and patched up satisfactorily. You would expect them to look brand new!
CalicoCat
GEOnTREY

I will start....

I'm Chloe, 31 and building my first home just outside of Geelong.
I'm building the Clovelly 191 with the standard harbour facade but upgraded my bricks to cat 7 (Selkirk thunderstorm).

Charlemont Rise is a nice estate. Geelong has got quite expensive. I was looking at small established houses in the outer suburbs but they were way outside my price range. Even suburbs like Corio and Norlane have got expensive.

Hi Chloe 😀
What suburb are you building in?

Charlemont Rise not far from our old house. It will be great when all the shops schools community centre are built.
Did not visit our home this weekend. Been quiet busy.
Painting started last Monday so hopefully it's almost finished.
Tiling scheduled to start from 16th. Ss was supposed to give me presentation day last week but no word from him yet.
Also texted him to book walk through this Thursday.
Getting bit impatient as our SS is not replying to my texts and phone call. Our CC is on leave for 2 weeks as well. Wanted to take day off work this Thursday for the walk through but no confirmation from SS. Thinking of going to the house regardless and check out the progress.
Bronte19
Getting bit impatient as our SS is not replying to my texts and phone call. Our CC is on leave for 2 weeks as well. Wanted to take day off work this Thursday for the walk through but no confirmation from SS. Thinking of going to the house regardless and check out the progress.

Hi Ben

That's frustrating!!!

Especially when at lockup and can't get In.
GEOnTREY
Bronte19

Hi Ben

That's frustrating!!!

Especially when at lockup and can't get In.

Yeah its getting towards the pointy end so it's a mix of excitement and frustration. 🤣

Visited the site yesterday morning and sneaked in through the back door. Painting and Tiling has been finished

Happy with our color choices so far. Not so sure about the wall tiles at this stage but may be once the surrounding are cleaned, fitoffs completed they will look much nicer.

Finally my SS gave me a call yesterday and informed he was off work due to personal issues. He told me that presentation date will be 13th Nov and handover 2 weeks afterwards. Excited!
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum