Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes

Page 17 of 25

Week 6

Bricks will be completed by Wednesday and they should start on plaster this week as well. They should have started plaster last week but it did not happen.
Very happy with our brick selection

Our SS will have a settlement date for us once he books in painter and tiler next week.
He thinks PCI will be mid to late October.
Looking great. How good is colourbond. ๐Ÿ˜€ so nice and crisp.
For anyone who ran with laminate floor, did you have the option to upgrade the underlay?
Bronte19

Week 6

Bricks will be completed by Wednesday and they should start on plaster this week as well. They should have started plaster last week but it did not happen.

Our SS will have a settlement date for us once he books in painter and tiler next week.

This looks great, Is it the Monument / Chestnut combination?
Maccar812
Bronte19

Week 6

This looks great, Is it the Monument / Chestnut combination?

Spot on
Maccar812
Looking great. How good is colourbond. ๐Ÿ˜€ so nice and crisp.
For anyone who ran with laminate floor, did you have the option to upgrade the underlay?

We did laminate floor but underlay option was not given to us for flooring
Poniri
JCM1
CalicoCat - That's concerning that the defects aren't going to be rectified. Do Darbecca mention on the report how significant each defect is?

Poniri- did you have any major defects found?

Now I'm getting worried that anything our inspector finds will be disregarded.

Oh and still no frame, 9 weeks and counting๐Ÿ˜ก

How frustrating for you! What exactly is the hold up with yours? Do they have an expected starting time?
Darbecca found 20+ defects but itโ€™s all jargon to me so I canโ€™t tell you how major they are.

Tell me about it! Not sure what the hold up is yet as we've been away but hope to find out tmrw.
It'll all be jargon to me too. Fingers crossed they will all be resolved for you.
Hey guys, if you are having difficulty with the site supervisor ring/email your construction manager (the one who invoices you)
They can help discuss the problem and get answers for you. Whenever i couldn't get a clear answer its what i would do and it usually got fixed quickly.

I have monument and chestnut as well, Its a great colour choice.

With the framing issues tell the construction manager your not paying the invoice until the issues are fixed and you want an on-site meeting with the site supervisor to be shown that they are fixed. take the darbecca report with you as it will have the standards written on there and the way it should be.
Bergman58
Hey guys, if you are having difficulty with the site supervisor ring/email your construction manager (the one who invoices you)
They can help discuss the problem and get answers for you. Whenever i couldn't get a clear answer its what i would do and it usually got fixed quickly.

I have monument and chestnut as well, Its a great colour choice.

With the framing issues tell the construction manager your not paying the invoice until the issues are fixed and you want an on-site meeting with the site supervisor to be shown that they are fixed. take the darbecca report with you as it will have the standards written on there and the way it should be.

I have found my Construction Consultant to be fantastic. He is very prompt and receptive. I have been keeping most of my communication with him as it is easier for me and I know I will get a reply.

Fairhaven have sent me a breakdown of all the defects and how they will be rectified which has help. I'm going to forward it to a much more experience family member as thankfully they have been liaising with the SS for me.

I have been advised that the roof cover has been installed today and the wrap and bricklayers have been booked for later in the week. I so want to see my bricks. Maybe for my birthday (this coming Saturday).
We have been away for 1.5 weeks so very excited to visit our home this weekend. Got an update from Fairhaven that Brickwork has been finished and plaster was schedule to start 14/09 with installation of kitchen and water proofing to follow.
Wow you are all moving along so quickly now ๐Ÿ˜€

Our land stage is due to be handed over from the construction team on Thursday so hopefully it doesn't take too long for the title.

Week 8

Sneaked into our house today. Internal door through garage was unlocked.

Plaster done. Internals doors installation in progress. Other carpentarty items should follow this week. Painter has been booked for 5th Oct.
According to our SS we settle in roughly 2 months time.

Looking so good Bronte19. Seems like it is coming together quickly now.

My roof has been installed, house has been wrapped and bricks have been delivered.

CalicoCat
Looking so good Bronte19. Seems like it is coming together quickly now.

My roof has been installed, house has been wrapped and bricks have been delivered.

Looking good! Did fairhaven fixed all the issues?
I am so jealous... Don't think we will ever start building. Your houses are looking great ๐Ÿ˜€

Our stage of land development reached practical completion on Friday.
The next part of the process is compliance so waiting on the authorities to come out to inspect and sign off. They are hoping that will *only* take 4 weeks. Then who knows how long after that for the title.
GEOnTREY
I am so jealous... Don't think we will ever start building. Your houses are looking great ๐Ÿ˜€

Our stage of land development reached practical completion on Friday.
The next part of the process is compliance so waiting on the authorities to come out to inspect and sign off. They are hoping that will *only* take 4 weeks. Then who knows how long after that for the title.

I wouldn't have the patience for that. Fingers crossed it goes fast!
Bronte19 - I was given a report that detailed how all the defects were going to be rectified. I have my next inspection on Tuesday so will see how things are.

I have been advised that electrical fit out (rough out... can't remember the terminology) will be completed this week. It appears my brickwork has been done or nearly all done. I absolutely love the bricks, they look great. Though I have only seen photos from family, I've yet to see them in person. They make the standard facade look not too bad!
CalicoCat
Bronte19 - I was given a report that detailed how all the defects were going to be rectified. I have my next inspection on Tuesday so will see how things are.

I have been advised that electrical fit out (rough out... can't remember the terminology) will be completed this week. It appears my brickwork has been done or nearly all done. I absolutely love the bricks, they look great. Though I have only seen photos from family, I've yet to see them in person. They make the standard facade look not too bad!

Great progress CalicoCat, you are almost caught up with us. Bricks will look even better once they clean them.
Got busted by SS while sneaking in our new home last friday lol. He was cool.
We received lock up invoice today. All the fit outs should happen this week. Painter scheduled for this Friday.
Will book a walkthrough around 15th Oct.

Also, all our neighbors are onboard for fencing with the company I choose which is great.
Week 10

All fixed carpentry items have been installed. Painting did not start last Friday so hopefully it starts today. Also Kitchen is supposed to go it today. Front half as been rendered as per the Matrix Facade. Could not sneak in as the all the doors were locked (Bugger! lol)

How is everyone else's build going?
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum