Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes

Page 13 of 25
CalicoCat
Sounds like it is going well Bronte19.

Still no slab. It has been rescheduled so many times now its not funny. I'm finding out through my inspectors too, not from Fairhaven. I'm getting really annoyed now. I can only hope that this isn't the start.

That's not good Calicocat. Have you tried to ring your construction admin person? Hopefully it starts soon
Some photos of our frame.

Bronte19
CalicoCat

Still no slab. It has been rescheduled so many times now its not funny. I'm finding out through my inspectors too, not from Fairhaven. I'm getting really annoyed now. I can only hope that this isn't the start.

That's not good Calicocat. Have you tried to ring your construction admin person? Hopefully it starts soon

Definitely call your admin person. Our frame was supposed to start last Tuesday and it came and went with no sign of any timber. My SS wasn't answering or returning my calls. Spoke with our admin person and turns out our SS was unexpectedly off for a period.

Hope you get your slab this week CalicoCat.
Hi everyone.
Iv'e just read this thread from start to finish as we have just signed on with Fairhaven to build a Tahlee. I love all the info you guys have provided so far. Keep it up.

I cant remember who it was, but i noticed one of you had the cheaper bin option than the pull out $400 plus one. Thankyou, as i didn't even know there was a cheaper alternative.
Bronte19

I LOVE seeing your pics ☺

We had our unsigned contract, plans, tender & colours paperwork posted to us and guess what. They posted it to our old address even though the correct address is on the tender paperwork they got it wrong on the contract.
Maccar812
Hi everyone.
Iv'e just read this thread from start to finish as we have just signed on with Fairhaven to build a Tahlee. I love all the info you guys have provided so far. Keep it up.

I cant remember who it was, but i noticed one of you had the cheaper bin option than the pull out $400 plus one. Thankyou, as i didn't even know there was a cheaper alternative.

Hi Maccar812
Welcome 😀

That's me with the cheaper bin.
Just so you know they will only fit it to a fixed shelf that you have to pay extra for so you need to figure out what height you want it in the cupboard.
We didn't find this out until our tender appointment.
Unless you want it at the base of the cabinet then of course no extra shelf required.

Where are you building and what stage are you at?
GEOnTREY
Maccar812
Hi everyone.

Hi Maccar812
Welcome 😀

Just so you know they will only fit it to a fixed shelf that you have to pay extra for so you need to figure out what height you want it in the cupboard.
Unless you want it at the base of the cabinet then of course no extra shelf required.

Thanks for the info Geontrey. We are building in Tooradin and have just had our first call from our CRO Karen introducing herself and booking colours in for November. Our land isn't due to title until March next year.
Also Geontrey i forgot to mention that we actually had already chose the surf coast facade but i chickened out because we hadnt actually seen one in person. I wish we knew where there were some in the eastern suburbs. I cant wait to see how yours progresses.
Maccar812
GEOnTREY
Maccar812
Hi everyone.

Hi Maccar812
Welcome 😀

Thanks for the info Geontrey. We are building in Tooradin and have just had our first call from our CRO Karen introducing herself and booking colours in for November. Our land isn't due to title until March next year.

Have you built b4?
The colour appointment is fun but very difficult. We went there knowing what floor and paint colour we wanted and we're told we couldn't have them. That really threw us off course.
We ended up paying extra $ for the white paint but had to forgo a few things.

We signed up August last year so now get charged $1000 every month Fairhaven don't have the titled land ready to go.

Our stage is almost ready to lay the roads so we are hoping they hurry up.
Maccar812
Also Geontrey i forgot to mention that we actually had already chose the surf coast facade but i chickened out because we hadnt actually seen one in person. I wish we knew where there were some in the eastern suburbs. I cant wait to see how yours progresses.

We LOVE the surf coast facade. Luckily for us we found one closeby that we loved the colours of so have copied their exterior colours.

Fairhaven should be able to give you the address of 1 close to you.

Which facade have you chosen now?
We have built before but it was a long time ago and it was done off the plan. There was Very little in the way of selections with colours so this is going to fun. We know we want to find our floor before we go into colours day because its the canvas on which we paint! So we will be finding it in a display home and making sure its from current supplier. There were three rasons i chose not to go with the surf coast. First because we couldnt find any, second because the way we have to place it on our block would mean that the vertical section with the overhang would be facing the north west which is one of our predominant strong wind directions. If i could have had the garage on the other side i probably would have gone with it. And the third reason is because its a bit more exspensive. So we have chosen the Botany with the intention of me cladding the piers later with stacked stone and putting timber horizontaly across the top to match the haven style facade. But just last night on facebook i found a picture of the pier facade on Fairhavens Facebook page and it looks completley different to the one in the brochure. So im going to ring and asked to be changed to that facade and hope they dont try to sting me the redesign fee.
We have built before but it was a long time ago and it was done off the plan. There was Very little in the way of selections with colours so this is going to be fun. We know we want to find our floor before we go into colours day because its the canvas on which we paint! So we will be finding it in a display home and making sure its from current supplier. There were three rasons i chose not to go with the surf coast. First because we couldnt find any! Second because the way we have to place it on our block would mean that the vertical section with the overhang would be facing the north west which is one of our predominant strong wind directions. If i could have had the garage on the other side i probably would have gone with it. And the third reason is because its a bit more exspensive. So we have chosen the Botany with the intention of me cladding the piers later with stacked stone and putting timber horizontaly across the top to match the haven style facade. But just last night on facebook i found a picture of the pier facade on Fairhavens Facebook page and it looks completley different to the one in the brochure! So im going to ring and asked to be changed to that facade and hope they dont try to sting me the redesign fee.
Bronte19

Looking good. So exciting seeing the frames
JCM1
Bronte19
CalicoCat

Definitely call your admin person. Our frame was supposed to start last Tuesday and it came and went with no sign of any timber. My SS wasn't answering or returning my calls. Spoke with our admin person and turns out our SS was unexpectedly off for a period.

Hope you get your slab this week CalicoCat.

How are things going with your frame?

I spoke with my construction consultant yesterday and it appears limited information is getting sent through to them. My SS is away on holidays at the moment.

My slab is supposed to be poured today but I have been told that so many times now I will believe it when I see it/hear from Darbecca. Darbecca have been fantastic. I have really appreciated their consistent and regular contact.
Maccar812
Hi everyone.

Hi Maccar

The Tahlee is a beautiful layout, definitely jealous

My advise with colour selection is to check out the fairhaven app. They have a walk through of colour selection room.

These are from last weekend. We have roof and windows have been fitted.
Also met our neighbor who has organized a fencing quote. I am also waiting to hear back from couple of fencing contractors.
I am hoping to see some bricks when we visit this weekend.
I love the front window Bronte!

I went with the standard habour facade to save money. I would have loved a pretty facade but I know I will be building a big fence at the front (yay for no estate regulations) as the house is set between 7 and 9m from the front. At least I upgraded to cat 7 bricks.
CalicoCat
I love the front window Bronte!

I went with the standard habour facade to save money. I would have loved a pretty facade but I know I will be building a big fence at the front (yay for no estate regulations) as the house is set between 7 and 9m from the front. At least I upgraded to cat 7 bricks.

Thank you. Very happy we chose Bronte 19 as the house design is coming along really well we choose the matrix facade.
We can't have front fence and it can only start 1.5m behind the front facade. Our setback is 5m

How big is your land? Did you get any news about your slab pour?
Hi CalicoCat

I hope your slab was poured today. Still no frame for us but apparently someone will come Friday to set it out etc. Like you, I'll believe it when I see it! This is now the 3rd start date we've been given.
We met our new SS today and he seems switched on so fingers crossed for smooth sailing from here.
Bronte19 - Our land isn't huge, around 450sqm but we have an awkward building envelope (though, the block was very affordable - small price to pay for getting into the market). I originally wanted the Bronte, I love the powder room and WIR's but the envelope wasn't wide enough so I went with the Clovelly 191 and got them to convert the WC into a powder room.

JCMI - It is quite frustrating! I was told earlier today slab pour will be Friday, then later in the day I was told Friday. My first slab pour date was the 11th of Aug. Fingers crossed your frame goes up this Friday!
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum