Page 12 of 25
GEOnTREY
Hi Everyone

W
O
W

You are all moving along quickly 😀

Hi all,

Great to see all the progress! Ours has stalled slightly as found out today our ss left Fairhaven. The new ss is organising our framers now so hopefully not too much longer!
Interested to know where everyone is buying their furniture and white goods from. We need to buy pretty much everything and have not even started the shopping yet as we have no storage space.
Those mid year sales are soo tempting
I haven't even thought much about furniture. I will probably get things over time once I have moved in and know I have the money. I'm still trying to figure out pendant lighting for the kitchen.

I have got a slab pour date, the 11th of August (depending on weather, of course). Fingers crossed.
This is a place in Clayton, Melbourne that I'd love to visit for furniture,whitegoods, and carpet. Their advertised offerings have my tongue hanging out! Too far away for me, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... dQFHl96Byc
CalicoCat
I haven't even thought much about furniture. I will probably get things over time once I have moved in and know I have the money. I'm still trying to figure out pendant lighting for the kitchen.

I have got a slab pour date, the 11th of August (depending on weather, of course). Fingers crossed.

Yeah I understand. We might wait till plaster is done. We also have pendant lighting in kitchen and master. Which places are you looking?
kks
This is a place in Clayton, Melbourne that I'd love to visit for furniture,whitegoods, and carpet. Their advertised offerings have my tongue hanging out! Too far away for me, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... dQFHl96Byc

Thanks. It's not too far from us will check it out
Got an update from our SS today. Framing has started and its expected to be completed by 9th Aug. Windows will be fitted by then as well.
Bronte19
Got an update from our SS today. Framing has started and its expected to be completed by 9th Aug. Windows will be fitted by then as well.

Fantastic. I love walking in when the frame is up 😀

We got our updated plans & colours paperwork and contract emailed today.
Will be thoroughly checking it all tomorrow. Hope they got it right this time.
Bronte19

Any frame pics yet? 😀
GEOnTREY
Bronte19

Any frame pics yet? 😀

Took some of these last weekend. Framing is now complete with windows fitted. Have booked a walk through Tuesday morning
Bronte19
CalicoCat

Yeah I understand. We might wait till plaster is done. We also have pendant lighting in kitchen and master. Which places are you looking?

I have been looking at all different places like bunning, catch.com.au, zanui and of course beacon lighting. I have kind of put looking on hold as my washing machine has just broken down and we got a $700 electricity bill which is going to sting (oh plus rates and car rego due).

My slab pour was moved to Monday due to weather. I'm not surprised, yesterday was crazy windy.
CalicoCat
Bronte19
CalicoCat

I have been looking at all different places like bunning, catch.com.au, zanui and of course beacon lighting. I have kind of put looking on hold as my washing machine has just broken down and we got a $700 electricity bill which is going to sting (oh plus rates and car rego due).

My slab pour was moved to Monday due to weather. I'm not surprised, yesterday was crazy windy.

Yeah we have been to beacon lighting couple of times just can't make up our mind. Need to check out burnings as well.
Good luck for slab pour on Monday! Hopefully the weather stays dry.
Bronte19
GEOnTREY
Bronte19

Any frame pics yet? 😀

Took some of these last weekend. Framing is now complete with windows fitted. Have booked a walk through Tuesday morning

Fantastic..looks like a house now
We have light fittings to buy everywhere except hallway and family dining kitchen. Decided to stick with downlights as this area is quite small we thought it might open it up more by having no pendant lights. Hope it's not too boring looking!

No idea what to buy for the rest if the house except for bed 1 I would love a bead chandelier but will need to find a reasonably priced one.

Fingers crossed for your slab CalicoCat 😆
My slab pour was cancelled as inspectors (both builders and mine, Darbecca) found a number of defects. I'm not sure how long they will take to rectify. Feeling disappointed but better that it be found now rather than later down the track.
CalicoCat
My slab pour was cancelled as inspectors (both builders and mine, Darbecca) found a number of defects. I'm not sure how long they will take to rectify. Feeling disappointed but better that it be found now rather than later down the track.

That's not good! But as you said better safe than sorry!
We our walk through tomorrow.
Had our walk through yesterday. Was happy to meet our SS who seems really good. Roof was supposed to go on Monday but due to high winds they have been unable to do so - should be completed this week though. Brick will go on next. Have booked next walk through for 10th Sep. By that time plaster should be completed.
Sounds like it is going well Bronte19.

Still no slab. It has been rescheduled so many times now its not funny. I'm finding out through my inspectors too, not from Fairhaven. I'm getting really annoyed now. I can only hope that this isn't the start.
Bronte19
Had our walk through yesterday. Was happy to meet our SS who seems really good. Roof was supposed to go on Monday but due to high winds they have been unable to do so - should be completed this week though. Brick will go on next. Have booked next walk through for 10th Sep. By that time plaster should be completed.

Fantastic...it's really rolling along nicely for you 😀

Any more pics? You know I am going to be nagging you for photos all the time so I can get an idea of what ours will eventually look like 😄

How often are you allowed walk throughs with the SS?
CalicoCat
Sounds like it is going well Bronte19.

Still no slab. It has been rescheduled so many times now its not funny. I'm finding out through my inspectors too, not from Fairhaven. I'm getting really annoyed now. I can only hope that this isn't the start.

I am so sorry, that's not fair that Fairhaven are not communicating. Have you had anything to do with your site supervisor yet?
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum