Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Palace 33 with Henley in West Mel

Page 2 of 2
Continue to update the progress: we've got huge progress in the recent 10 days for frame stage.
Since I am currently living near the site, it's convenient to have a walk after dinner.

1st May 2018: They completed the study, theater and laundry just in one day.

3rd May 2018: living room done, and we can see some board on the external wall.

5th May 2018: Ground floor ceiling beams completed, it is more like a house now.

7th May 2018: I think ground floor completed, they are preparing the scaffold for first floor.

9 May 2018: I was surprised the first floor is almost done, some beams for roof have been installed.

10th May 2018: Garage beams have been installed.
Yes slab is in so I must be getting an invoice soon.
Framers are 2 weeks away due to availability which is good as it enables 2 weeks to cure vs 2 days normally.
HoneyDee
spice girl
Henley Reserve have the highest upgrade inclusions which are standard for that range. We went with standard facade Broadway tyo enable funds for other upgrades inside the home which included approximately $60k for structural changes. Our total upgrades and structural changes were $180k above base price excluding site costs.

Thanks. How far have you progressed? Slab is in?

Great!!! All the best
spice girl
Yes slab is in so I must be getting an invoice soon.
Framers are 2 weeks away due to availability which is good as it enables 2 weeks to cure vs 2 days normally.
HoneyDee
spice girl
Henley Reserve have the highest upgrade inclusions which are standard for that range. We went with standard facade Broadway tyo enable funds for other upgrades inside the home which included approximately $60k for structural changes. Our total upgrades and structural changes were $180k above base price excluding site costs.

Thanks. How far have you progressed? Slab is in?

You are lucky that it is raining after your slab done, rains can help your concrete curing.
Hi,

I'm currently looking at building the Palace 33 as well.

I'vee picked up a couple of Ideas from your build and I'mm just wondering what the cost was for the structural change to add the extra into .5m to the rear wall to make up the room for the fridge being moved.

We are still in the very early stages of the sales process and just making sure we will be able to go down the path of the Palace with taking into account potential extra costs.

Thanks
HachiRusto
Hi,

I'm currently looking at building the Palace 33 as well.

I'vee picked up a couple of Ideas from your build and I'mm just wondering what the cost was for the structural change to add the extra into .5m to the rear wall to make up the room for the fridge being moved.

We are still in the very early stages of the sales process and just making sure we will be able to go down the path of the Palace with taking into account potential extra costs.

Thanks

Hi HachiRusto,

It was around 5K include adding a shower, it worth the money, but the price may vary since it was the price one year ago.
Thanks for the reply Bruce.

How is the build coming along, have you had any issues with Henley and the build? or has it all been going along smoothly?
Hi Bruce,

You mentioned that you were able to extend the living to compensate for adding the shower to the powder room. How much did that cost you and what was the dimension of the living in the final build? Not sure if the space is too small!
Also anything that you wish you had changed with palace 33?

TIA🙂
Related
2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

6/12/2023
Skylight facing west, sufficient light in mornings?

General Discussion

It might be a bit darker in the mornings but the light is still light, so you should be getting it. Similar to what you see from your western windows

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum