Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knockdown Rebuild in Whitehorse Council Area - Victoria

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, been lurking around for a few months so finally joined to document my build and share with the homeone community.

I have 600sqm in the Whitehorse council area and I plan to demolish the run down weatherboard house and build a new single story house. I'd build 2 stories, except for the fact that I have 2 young children and 1 level seems much easier to live with. While not massive, 4 bedrooms and 32 squares of total house and garage should be enough for a small family.

I've started working with Gold Key Constructions in Essendon, who have been extremely helpful and accommodating to date. 5 revisions of floorplans later and I think we finally have the floorplan that works best for us and for the block.

We now have all the quotes for demolition, tree removal, service disconnections, surveyor, etc... So now I just need working drawings and a finalised contract to take to the bank.

There's going to be a few changes to the "standard inclusions" the builder provides, like extra downlights and powerpoints plus wall hung toilets and vanities. I may also provide some things myself, like benchtops and an insulated garage door. It's all the little things and attention to detail that makes a big difference to me.

Has anyone had any experience getting OC with a house that isn't 100% completed? What can you get away with? Ideally, I'd like to spend money on the bigger things first, then do things like butler's pantry, main ensuite, alfresco area and driveway in my own time once I've moved in.

I'm hoping for a 6-month build, but we'll see how it goes!
Welcome alan80.

Glad to have you here and we wish you a smooth build journey from all the folks at homeone.com.au.
Hi Alan,

How did you go? Did your construction start?

Regards
Taps

Alan80
Hey guys, been lurking around for a few months so finally joined to document my build and share with the homeone community.

I have 600sqm in the Whitehorse council area and I plan to demolish the run down weatherboard house and build a new single story house. I'd build 2 stories, except for the fact that I have 2 young children and 1 level seems much easier to live with. While not massive, 4 bedrooms and 32 squares of total house and garage should be enough for a small family.

I've started working with Gold Key Constructions in Essendon, who have been extremely helpful and accommodating to date. 5 revisions of floorplans later and I think we finally have the floorplan that works best for us and for the block.

We now have all the quotes for demolition, tree removal, service disconnections, surveyor, etc... So now I just need working drawings and a finalised contract to take to the bank.

There's going to be a few changes to the "standard inclusions" the builder provides, like extra downlights and powerpoints plus wall hung toilets and vanities. I may also provide some things myself, like benchtops and an insulated garage door. It's all the little things and attention to detail that makes a big difference to me.

Has anyone had any experience getting OC with a house that isn't 100% completed? What can you get away with? Ideally, I'd like to spend money on the bigger things first, then do things like butler's pantry, main ensuite, alfresco area and driveway in my own time once I've moved in.

I'm hoping for a 6-month build, but we'll see how it goes!
We're doing a KDR in Whitehorse as well but have not come across Gold Key constructions.
Any updates on this?
Related
10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum