Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Top Tips for NEWBIE building a house

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!
First of all, forgive me if you'Ve seen a similar post before. There are just so many threads and I would love to have the most current info. Any links to previous and appropriate posts would be greatly appreciated as well!

Background info: Building a moderately sized two storey house. Have help from a friend who is an architect. ZERO building experience but want to project manage with my partner (!?).

Tips on where to spend the most time 'working' or researching before the final design has been completed and the building begins.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
cazzansw
Tips on where to spend the most time 'working' or researching before the final design has been completed and the building begins.

My top tip for anyone building, renovating or just interested in their home is to pick through this little known Government website. It is awesome, and there is certainly much to read in depth and some to just skim over. Your taxes paid for this excellent resource, so you might as well use the s-h-i-t out of it. It will probably save you making at least one big mistake, and lead to a more comfortable home and probably save you money in the process.

http://www.yourhome.gov.au
and dont forget this post
viewtopic.php?t=5823
Related
16/10/2023
Newbie to Home renovation: DIY?

Renovation + Home Improvement

a building inspector should be able to tell you about any major problems but we need a floor plan with dimensions to clarify options for extra bedrooms ... sometime an…

6/06/2023
Brick pier replacement methodology / tips

Just be careful with building stability during construction, that is when the structure may be weakened, refer to your engineering drawings for stability methodology.

30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum