Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Hamilton 230 with mimosa homes

Page 2 of 4
blackcat20
yasir_fnd
UPDATE : I visited my site on Saturday and found I was informed incorrectly about things being delivered to my site. No work has been started on site yet. Remember my lot settled on 15th feb. I emailed the person who gave me the update and she has not replied back.

Can't believe mimosa are absolutely crap at site starts. With this speed, I can only dream about settling in my new home before christmas now.

No worse than Metricon, we settled in January and our slab is due down tomorrow....

I have seen simmonds and carlisle start as early as one month after settlement.

Went to see the SS for first time. Framing is complete. Hopefully if things go as planned they will start roofing next week. Hoping to reach lockup stage by end of June.
yasir_fnd

Went to see the SS for first time. Framing is complete. Hopefully if things go as planned they will start roofing next week. Hoping to reach lockup stage by end of June.

We are about 1 week behind you. Exciting times 🤗
Went to site on Saturday 2/06. Roof tiles have been laid. This week they will install evaporative cooling and start with brick works.
Weekly update:

They have installed evap cooling and heating. Electrical.nbn and plumbing rough-in was complete as well. Bricks were delivered to site but they haven't started laying them yet.

Happy to see things are progressing. Got email from CLE that lock up stage to be completed by end of Junee.
Weekly update 22/06 :

Bricklayers are working on site. They will finish work by next week (weather permitting). Insulation batts were also installed. Dry walls to go in next. Seems like Lock up stage to be completed by end of Junee is on schedule.

Some pics of work in progress !!
LOCK up completed !!

Hi Yasir,

How is the overall experience with Mimosa so far ? I really like their floor plans and thinking to sign up for saba 26 but reading different people experiences are making me scared, any insights would be helpful.
They are a bit slow at site starts but overall it has not been that bad. All the builders charge almost the same amount of money.

I will only do PCI inspection done from Darbecca and my contract does not allow them to charge for $250.
What's PCI inspection ? Have you engaged darbecca to perform inspections throughout the build process or just once ?

I have decided to build with dennis family homes, its lookin comparatively expensive then mimosa but qe really liked one of their flopr plan.
Wild
What's PCI inspection ? Have you engaged darbecca to perform inspections throughout the build process or just once ?

I have decided to build with dennis family homes, its lookin comparatively expensive then mimosa but qe really liked one of their flopr plan.

No I will only do the last inspection which is PCI (post completion inspection) .

Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am

I am building with mimosa homes and want to take you guys through my journey.

Key Dates update:

Contract signed for lot : march 2017
Contract signed for house: september 2017
Lot settled: 15 Feb 2018
Geo Survey Report: 28 Feb 2018
Building permit was issued on 28 Mar 2018
Site Start : 2 May 2018 ..Safety fence onsite and site cut completed.
Slab pour: 16 May 2018 .
Framework : Frame work completed 25/05
Lock Up Stage : Completed on 29/06/2018
Fix Stage : Completed on 16/07/2018 ( only doors,cabinets,skirtings and cornice were installed, paint works and actual fixing not completed though)

updated on 24/07/2018
Dear All,

If Mimosa have a penalty of $250.00 in their contract for using a Private Inspector, then the ACCC should be informed. It is regarded as a penalty and they should not be doing this.

Give the ACCC the details at infocentre@accc.gov.au

We need to make sure the builders operate within the scope of the rules.
Really valuable info, once ACCC will give them fine, they sure will comply with industry standards rather then ripping people off.
Dear All,

What is also concerning about this builder is he live most of the time in Turkey.

He is the only one in the Company that is required to have a Licence.

All of his staff from the Building Manager to the Construction Manager to your Site Supervisor have no requirement in law to hold a qualification or a Licence.

As stated above. If they are placing this restriction in the contract, it needs to be reported and let the ACCC deal with him.

I would also give the VBA a call and lodge a complaint.
Things are going along pretty smoothly. Fingers crossed it might complete in September.
House is locked up and I can't go inside. Took a few pics from outside.
Paint Completed. Garage door has been installed. Tilers have started working on site. Benchtops installed. Drain pipes are also being laid as I saw trenches at the back of the house.

Items still pending :

-Front rendering
-WIP shelves installation
-Carpeting and floorboards installation.
-All Electrical fixings ( switches, Evap cooling and heating ducts, LED downlights, kitchen appliances)
-Bathroom fixtures ( shower installation, toilets and basin )
Good on ya, congrats- happy with the progress, Is it front door? Whats the size, Is it 2340 mm high × 920 MM wide ?
Wild
Good on ya, congrats- happy with the progress, Is it front door? Whats the size, Is it 2340 mm high × 920 MM wide ?

1020X2040 door. attaching the floor plan.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum