Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Contract Process Harpley

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, I'm building in Harpley stage 64. Metricon is the builder I am with.

I have concerns about the contract signing.
I was sent the contract to review, there were errors in the contract. I made a list of the amendments, sent the list and had a discussion with the sales rep about it.

Metricon said they would make the changes but they still want me to come in before the amendments are made.

They say I have to sign the original (incorrect) contract and a variation /amendment form that will then be sent off to have the contract redone.

I am very uncomfortable signing the original one when there are mistakes and trust that a new one will be drafted correctly.

Has anyone else got experience with them and the process of signing the contract?

Please help, because I'm feeling pressure to sign early than necessary.

Thank you in advance.
I am not with Metricon but we went to our contract signing appointment at Allworth head office and spent a couple of hours going over every page in detail with our consultant.
We signed only the pages we were happy with and she wrote a list of anything needing to be fixed. We got those specific pages a week or 2 later and signed those few pages and emailed them back.
It’s not until everything is signed off that they issue final construction plans who go to us, the SS and everyone else involved in the build.
Metricon may do things differently, this is just my experience with Allworth

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
Oh ok, thank you for replying so quickly. That makes me feel better. Cause the rep said they would make the changes but I had to old. Red flags in my head.
MenatWork
They say I have to sign the original (incorrect) contract and a variation /amendment form that will then be sent off to have the contract redone.

When we did it last year, we signed the incorrect contract and then a variation. The contract was never redone. This just seems to be how they do it, and the risk to you is probably fairly low as long as you execute the variation at the same time.
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

29/08/2023
Landscape construction drawings and process

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks very much! And would the landscaper/contractor generally involve the engineer or is that something the client would do? Thanks for your help

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum