Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Shed insurance before new house is finished.

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

we are struggling to find an insurer for our new shed. The shed has been completed earlier than expected, and since the house build is delayed, we have a lovely new shed, but cannot find an insurer. (we had hoped to store some household goods in here but will not be doing this if we cannot get insurance.) Does anyone have any suggestions? Our usual insurer RACV will not touch it.

thank you.
GillyH
Hi,

we are struggling to find an insurer for our new shed. The shed has been completed earlier than expected, and since the house build is delayed, we have a lovely new shed, but cannot find an insurer. (we had hoped to store some household goods in here but will not be doing this if we cannot get insurance.) Does anyone have any suggestions? Our usual insurer RACV will not touch it.

thank you.

Wouldn’t the shed still be covered under the build insurance? If so, then you just need to insure the contents.
arcadelt
GillyH
Hi,

thank you.

Wouldn’t the shed still be covered under the build insurance? If so, then you just need to insure the contents.

No, it is not, unfortunately.
Related
3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum