Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon's electrical unit costs for budgeting purposes

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We're looking at building with Clarendon (NSW) at some point in the near future.

Is anyone able to provide a consolidated list of unit costs for items that are typically covered in the Electrical appointment?
For example, unit costs for various GPOs, downlighting, TV antenna points, data points, natural gas points, HWS, air-con, etc.

I'm not sure how "sensitive" this information may be. If it's a drama, even a ball-park figure would do for now.

I've read a lot of other posts that have called out various total costs for their electrical needs, so I guess I can generalise based on other 2-storey builds; however I'm keen to try and work out a realistic figure to budget for based on our own individual needs / wish list items.

Thank in advance for any input you can provide on this.
FYI
These are 2017 prices for my electrical upgrade.
check what included as standard for your build and list out what you wanted as wishlist.
We provision for most of upgrade for things we can do later. example... junction box for outdoor lights. We can add light fitting ourselves. Keeps in mind that once the house is cover up gyprock NO turning back. Any electrical wires you wants to connect eg. extra double power point in bed rooms, and double power point with usb charger, extra TV and phone sockets... do these at home design planning stage. Add extra or drop at the electrical appointment.

Batten holder $50 each
Light wall $50 each
Switch two way cost $75 each ( for places like two way entry to bathroom and WIR and staircase )
Single power point $53 each
Double power point $58 each
Double power point with extra switch $80 each (wall next to kitchen bench, extra switch for downlight)
Double power point with usb charger $180 each
Outdoor Socket 1 (single power point) $115 each
Outdoor Sockets 2 (double power point) $135 each
TV and Phone (free to air TV) $95 each
Phone socket $120 each
Data /phone cat 6 1 gang grid $125
Data / phone cat 6 4 gang grid $320
Data / phone cat 6 6 gang grid $475
WC fan standard exhaust $150 each
Bathroom Fan/ light/ heat - ducted 3 switch $575 each
Timber nogging for fans $35 each
Junction box light provision $85 each
Pre wire future doorbell $150
Smoke alarm photoelectric $250
conduit upgrade to 32mm $280
Air con Extra zone $480

I have three double power points and one phone data cat 6 for children's bedroom.

Good luck

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Thanks shazaw. That helps a lot !!
Related
22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum