My wife and I are currently planning a new home for us and we found that there was not a design that we appreciated enough to fit our needs from the builder we selected (Ben Trager). Therefore we set about designing our own. Below is an older snapshot of where we got to and I was looking for ideas on good house planning and find it hard to find information on the subject online so I thought I would put it out to the community. Ill provide an updated drawing when I get a chance later tonight.
The only real changes we have made since this was taken was:
- Move Bed 3 WIR into Bed 3
- Pushed Living and Dining Out Another 1M to the right.
- Remove Jut out wall into Dining
- Upstairs: Shorten the Theatre, Hallway and WIR
- Adjust the Ensuite to a different design and slightly enlargen it.
What are peoples thoughts on what we have so far?
There is no walks between Living/Kitchen, there will be an island bench there, expected Kitchen will have space for an Oven Stack, Pantry, and Induction Cooktop.