Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Melbourne

Page 5 of 34
r_13
shokel1975
Geez, that’s a tough bill to get!! Why is it so expensive?? Luckily before we bought our block the developer completely cleared it, plus it’s been slightly filled to ensure it’s flat. That might have helped with the lower costs.

Definitely. Our site cost projection is high right now, because the block is sloping and one corner has a buried decommissioned concrete pool under the ground, and there are no services. So, I think after we get the levelling and service trench done, we can reassess. Doing as much as possible ourselves upfront to prepare the site should save some money, we think, since we can call in some mates and avoid M subcontractors mark-up.

Good luck with it! When do you think your build will start? I’m estimating ours will be August or September.
So we had our external colour appointment today. All went really smoothly and we picked our colours pretty easily - and without too many upgrades too!

The only frustration was that some things I was led to believe were to be discussed today, I am now told are structural changes and need to go back in as variations with our SCS...
. I’m getting sick of adding variations but I guess it needs to be perfect!

Anyway, here are our colours for facade...

Bricks: Moonshadow with Off White mortar
Render on 2nd storey: Ghosting
Render on balcony: Brood
Render on pillars: Rakaia
Roof Tile: Charcoal Grey
Gutters: Monument
Downpipes: Monument
Fascias: Monument
Windows: Black
Garage Door: Monument

Nice colours, we originally picked Moonshadow as our brick, but changed as it's a painted finish that can chip back to red brick underneath.

What structural changes did you unearth?

Drew01
Nice colours, we originally picked Moonshadow as our brick, but changed as it's a painted finish that can chip back to red brick underneath.

What structural changes did you unearth?

Nothing major.... just moving hot water unit to a new position - little to close to the massive picture window we added to dining room. Moving water tank to rear of additional garage they are building for us in backyard. Just small, annoying stuff!
What brick did you change to Drew01?
shokel1975
What brick did you change to Drew01?
We changed to Glenfern - the front of our house faces South; after we considered that, we thought Moonshadow was going to be too dark in winter

You can get touch up paint for the brick face... Don't stress too much

Drew01
You can get touch up paint for the brick face... Don't stress too much

Yeah I don’t think there are any others that we like as much so sticking with Moonshadow. Just hoping we don’t get many that are damaged and have colour coming off. It’s all good.
shokel1975
So we had our external colour appointment today. All went really smoothly and we picked our colours pretty easily - and without too many upgrades too!

The only frustration was that some things I was led to believe were to be discussed today, I am now told are structural changes and need to go back in as variations with our SCS...
. I’m getting sick of adding variations but I guess it needs to be perfect!

Anyway, here are our colours for facade...

Bricks: Moonshadow with Natural mortar
Render on 2nd storey: Ghosting
Render on balcony: Brood
Render on pillars: Rakaia
Roof Tile: Charcoal Grey
Gutters: Monument
Downpipes: Monument
Fascias: Monument
Windows: Black
Garage Door: Monument

Lovely choice....its going to look amazing!

Thanks excited_builders, fingers crossed it all looks good when we see it in its entirety.
Nice choices, another good looking rooster once completed

Thanks stoff17 - it was definitely a relief to have these choices made - we didn't know exactly what colours we wanted prior to the weekend's meeting. We simply based it off the image above, which we loved. Feeling good about upcoming Internal Colours appointment as we have pre-selected most things from Reece and our wall colours. Just need to make decisions on cabinetry & benches on the day.
That’s great you are prepared with a lot of it. My only advice is. This is your house. You know what your taste is and what works for you. It’s so over whelming and draining with all the decisions on the day but I’m sure on the decisions you have to make, you will nail. Good luck

stoff17
That’s great you are prepared with a lot of it. My only advice is. This is your house. You know what your taste is and what works for you. It’s so over whelming and draining with all the decisions on the day but I’m sure on the decisions you have to make, you will nail. Good luck

Thank you! Much appreciated
Internal selections happened today! Really happy with our choices. Just waiting to see the bill for upgrades now! 😩

Unfortunately they underquoted our staircase by $1800, so not real happy about that being added onto the variations.

Omg door handles add up! Nearly $1500 for upgraded handles for kitchen and wet areas!!

Anyway.... here are our selections for benches and cabinetry.

Nice selections! What's the kitchen bench colour?

Drew01
Nice selections! What's the kitchen bench colour?

Thanks! The bench for kitchen, laundry and powder room is a grey stone from Cat 1 - it’s called Gris Expo. No upgrade costs - yay!

Bathrooms upstairs have a Cat 3 stone called White Storm.

This is a better shot of the kitchen bench (top right) with two cabinet colours below - Domain and Moleskin.
shokel1975

This is a better shot of the kitchen bench (top right) with two cabinet colours below Domain and Moleskin.
When did they change from Caesarstone to Silestone? I hope we don't have to change our benchtops

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum