Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Melbourne

Page 3 of 34
So we are finally getting some dates locked in for M appointments.... going to be asking lots of babysitting favours from the grandparents!!

20 May: prelim contract presentation and additional changes - they won’t know what hit them thanks to this forum!!

26 May: external colours
30 May: internal colours
2 June: electrical

We pretty much know most of what we want to choose at these appointments but have so many questions to ask to double check M on everything. The ‘things you forget’ thread on here has given us so much to consider and check. They are going to be so glad when our appointments are over! haha!
Great selections so far. Looking forward to the build
Thanks Mt View... lots of upgrades and changes but it’s our forever home so we want it to be right 😀
Good luck with the appointments. Will be interested to hear how you go. We've got a Preview booked at Studio/M in a week, have already been there on a few Saturdays to do some pre-homework.
thanks r_13, we have been there once for a wander and chosen a few things already. But I highly recommend going to Reece to do your plumbing accessories and Beaumont for tiles before M appointments. Studio M just doesn’t have much of a selection of either on hand (understandably as they have to cover so many categories for an entire house).
Enjoy the selection appointments, they're long days but very rewarding

Also best of luck with sticking to your budget, alot of temptations. We were doing so well in ours, then got to the end and wifey decided to drop $7k on upgrading stairs to timber :\ absolute curveball haha
Oh yeah the stairs.... $7k upgrade already in our quote! Lol

Bit worried about all our Reece plumbing selections and the 600 x 600 tiles. not sure what they will all cost thru M yet 🤨
Can you please post a link to "things you forget" thread.

shokel1975
So we are finally getting some dates locked in for M appointments.... going to be asking lots of babysitting favours from the grandparents!!

20 May: prelim contract presentation and additional changes - they won’t know what hit them thanks to this forum!!

We pretty much know most of what we want to choose at these appointments but have so many questions to ask to double check M on everything. The ‘things you forget’ thread on here has given us so much to consider and check. They are going to be so glad when our appointments are over! haha!
sandymeo
Can you please post a link to "things you forget" thread.

viewtopic.php?t=5823

shokel1975

Good luck for your appointments....if u have been there a lot to choose what you want....you will be fine.
We pretty much chose the products with the code and picture before our quote got locked for the PC apmt.

excited_builders
shokel1975

Good luck for your appointments....if u have been there a lot to choose what you want....you will be fine.
We pretty much chose the products with the code and picture before our quote got locked for the PC apmt.

Did you choose things directly from Beaumont and Reece and give them the codes?
shokel1975
excited_builders
shokel1975

Did you choose things directly from Beaumont and Reece and give them the codes?
We picked a different sink from the Reece website, as we wanted double bowl and double drainer.

Ended up costing us an extra $120 by the time the standard sink was credited back. Actually cheaper than buying it ourselves

That’s a great win Drew!
We have recently been to Beaumont Tiles and we think we have made most of our selections, but still trying to decide between two options for the upstairs main bathroom and ensuite..... Any suggestions would be great!

So throughout most of downstairs, we are going with a neutral light 600 x 600 tile. We are not sure if we should use this in the upstairs wet areas, on both floor and walls (with maybe a feature tile around mirrors).... as follows - with Beaumont virtual Tile Select image to show how it would look...

Or, do we go with the following option for just the bathrooms, which has a different floor and wall tile, with no feature tiles around mirrors.... concrete look for floors and a warm grey tile for walls....

I am leaning towards the 2nd option, but hubby is still undecided - funnily enough it was him that really liked this 2nd option at Beaumont! lol
I really like the second one!
r_13
I really like the second one!

thanks r_13, I think the 2nd option is a lot warmer! But in saying that, for the first option, the virtual tool online doesn't allow me to put in a feature tile behind the mirror on the Beaumont site, so in reality it wouldn't look as stark as it does above. I think I will push hubby to go with option 2 - then we don't have to think about a feature tile, as it would be too busy adding another tile to the room. Thanks for your feedback!
I like the concrete look, but you should be mindful that it may become dated.

The simple colours and tones never go out of vogue, and you can always dress a room up and down with linen.

We considered concrete look tiles throughout our downstairs, but realised that if it stops being trendy, we'll walk in one day and hate it.

We're also getting our tiling done in non-wet areas after handover - it's a significant saving

Drew01
I like the concrete look, but you should be mindful that it may become dated.

The simple colours and tones never go out of vogue, and you can always dress a room up and down with linen.

We considered concrete look tiles throughout our downstairs, but realised that if it stops being trendy, we'll walk in one day and hate it.

We're also getting our tiling done in non-wet areas after handover - it's a significant saving

Thanks Drew, I hear you re the tiles dating. So we will only consider it in the two bathrooms plus toilet - I don't think I could handle it right throughout the house! Definitely a significant saving to do flooring afterwards, but we have decided just to do carpet afterwards, as I can get it through our suppliers directly. I work for head office of a flooring company. Will just suck it up and get the tiles done by M, so we don't have to worry about doing all the flooring afterwards...
Yeah I love option 2 right now but have same views as drew. You never can go wrong with neutral colors. Will option 2 date, probably not for a long while though, so I would run with your gut. If you don’t put your touch in certain areas it’s not going to be what YOU exactly want. Good luck

stoff17
Yeah I love option 2 right now but have same views as drew. You never can go wrong with neutral colors. Will option 2 date, probably not for a long while though, so I would run with your gut. If you don’t put your touch in certain areas it’s not going to be what YOU exactly want. Good luck

That's a great way of thinking Stoff, we do need to put our own touches. I don't want everything to be neutral and 'sterile'. Beaumont told us the concrete floor tile is one of their most popular tiles. Hopefully it doesn't date too quickly. thanks!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum