Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Melbourne

Page 15 of 34
Amazing how quick framing is done!
Absolutely stanus, I love driving past each day and seeing new developments. It is going to be hard later in the build when nothing much seem to be changing from the outside.... hopefully we will still be able to sneak inside to keep an eye on progress.
the tradies occasionally forget the doors unlocked (after lock up). It is then sneak in time to have a look!
shokel1975
Absolutely stanus, I love driving past each day and seeing new developments. It is going to be hard later in the build when nothing much seem to be changing from the outside.... hopefully we will still be able to sneak inside to keep an eye on progress.
We managed to get in every week except one during our build.

That is brilliant, I hope ours is the same
How are you managing the sleepless nights blackcat20?
stanus
the tradies occasionally forget the doors unlocked (after lock up). It is then sneak in time to have a look!

Haha! That will be our plan too! Although I think our site manager that has just taken over for frame until finish, is a bit of a 'hardass'. If we end up finding issues onsite whilst sneaking in, he doesn't respond to it too well apparently.... Let's see what happens.
shokel1975
She's sleeping approx 7 hours overnight which is making life far more tolerable.

If you find issues, don't bring them up unless you've had a proper walk through, that way you won't get caught.

shokel1975
Ours was unlocked for the entire build...

Plus, if you have awning windows, open one about 2 inches and loosen the screws so you can lift the winder arm off the frame and climb in

Besides that, the VBA guidelines are crystal clear - you can access your building site at any time you please, the Metricon clause wouldn't stand up in court

blackcat20
shokel1975

She's sleeping approx 7 hours overnight which is making life far more tolerable.

If you find issues, don't bring them up unless you've had a proper walk through, that way you won't get caught.

Yep that is great advice. Thanks

Wow 7 hrs is awesome - what a good bubba x
shokel1975
blackcat20
shokel1975

She's a little champion. Putting on weight, finally made it into newborn clothing

Drew01
shokel1975

Ours was unlocked for the entire build...

Plus, if you have awning windows, open one about 2 inches and loosen the screws so you can lift the winder arm off the frame and climb in

Besides that, the VBA guidelines are crystal clear - you can access your building site at any time you please, the Metricon clause wouldn't stand up in court

Thanks Drew01, we do have awning windows, so I will remember that. Good to know about the guidelines also - just going to have to see what the attitude of our SS is like through the build.

So far, our slab is level in each room and all walls are straight - thank goodness for hubby and his spirit level and electronic laser level
I'm glad he has every tool known to man (one of the reasons we need that shed!)
blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20
[quote="shokel1975"]That is brilliant, I hope ours is the same

She's a little champion. Putting on weight, finally made it into newborn clothing

[/quote]

Awww bless her

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/licensing-and-registration/builders-and-tradespeople/running-your-business/working-with-your-home-building-client/during-construction-and-building-completion

blackcat20 - our twins made it into their 00000 size clothing at nearly 3 months! One of the dolls my daughter plays with now wears 0000 size.....

It's amazing how fast they grow
Thanks Drew01. I have saved this link to my ever-growing Pinterest page for the build
2nd storey frame is up...
Dropped some beers off to our framers this morning on the way to work... they should be finished the roof trusses today, so we wanted to thank them for getting it all done in a week, and to also wish them a Happy Easter. Going to pop in and see them next Wednesday when I'm off work, to walk through and add some noggins for TV wall mounts, heavy pendants, etc. Another slab for them is much cheaper than organising this stuff through M Admin!
shokel1975
Dropped some beers off to our framers this morning on the way to work... they should be finished the roof trusses today, so we wanted to thank them for getting it all done in a week, and to also wish them a Happy Easter. Going to pop in and see them next Wednesday when I'm off work, to walk through and add some noggins for TV wall mounts, heavy pendants, etc. Another slab for them is much cheaper than organising this stuff through M Admin!
The beer economy works incredibly well...

Make sure you take photos of where you're noggins are with a measure next to them... Our towel rail noggins aren't where we measured them to be, so we've had to use plugs through the tile and plaster

Drew01
shokel1975

The beer economy works incredibly well...

Make sure you take photos of where you're noggins are with a measure next to them... Our towel rail noggins aren't where we measured them to be, so we've had to use plugs through the tile and plaster

Thanks Drew01, will do. We are getting M to install our towel rails and toilet roll holders ,so hopefully they get it right! But we will need to note where noggins are for the TV mounts, and pendant placement. I guess i will have to talk to the electricians to ensure they put certain light fittings through the noggins where we intend to change to pendants. Our massive stairwell pendant is 22kg!
Forever home? Noggins? Garage and laundry cupboard developments in the future Them noggins for the pesky bathroom grab rails, as we get ancient. Never ends, really!

Drew is spot on re record keeping.
Yes, you could put them everywhere, just in case, couldn't you!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum