Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Melbourne

Page 6 of 34
Drew01
When did they change from Caesarstone to Silestone? I hope we don't have to change our benchtops

I think it happened a couple of months back? I'm also keen not to have to change, but no one mentioned it when we signed off on finals last month.
How did you pick up on that from my pics?? Yeah, they have changed, but I am not sure when. We started our quoting process back in Oct/Nov and the bench upgrade was always listed as Silestone then. I don't think you would have to change it if you are midway through a build - otherwise they would have contacted all customers with Caesar selections advising they have changed supplier.... I hope you don't have to change your selections!
Our finals said Caesarstone...

We've been through selections three times with Porter Davis changing suppliers, so you get to know the colour names...

Drew01
Our finals said Caesarstone...

We've been through selections three times with Porter Davis changing suppliers, so you get to know the colour names...

Oh no! That’s frustrating ....
It looks awesome! Following
I am building the Glendale in Sydney. we just finished the first floor brick.
Here is image of our external colour selection - only change is that the gutters will be same colour as fascia (Monument) - bug in the software program!

Bricks: Moonshadow with Off White mortar
Render on 2nd storey: Ghosting
Render on balcony: Brood
Render on pillars: Rakaia
Roof Tile: Charcoal Grey
Gutters: Monument
Downpipes: Monument
Fascias: Monument
Windows: Black
Garage Door: Monument

Drew01
Nice colours, we originally picked Moonshadow as our brick, but changed as it's a painted finish that can chip back to red brick underneath.

What structural changes did you unearth?

This is very true. Our neighbour has moon shadow which was our first selection but then changed to glenfern. Moonshadow does look fabulous but I can see the brick is chipping now which is showing a different colour.
With glenfern I found it changes colour throughout the day but remains darker most of the time. No regrets selecting it.

shokel1975
Here is image of our external colour selection - only change is that the gutters will be same colour as fascia (Monument) - bug in the software program!

Bricks: Moonshadow with Off White mortar
Render on 2nd storey: Ghosting
Render on balcony: Brood
Render on pillars: Rakaia
Roof Tile: Charcoal Grey
Gutters: Monument
Downpipes: Monument
Fascias: Monument
Windows: Black
Garage Door: Monument

Very nice selections.

Emmz70
Drew01
Nice colours, we originally picked Moonshadow as our brick, but changed as it's a painted finish that can chip back to red brick underneath.

What structural changes did you unearth?

This is very true. Our neighbour has moon shadow which was our first selection but then changed to glenfern. Moonshadow does look fabulous but I can see the brick is chipping now which is showing a different colour.
With glenfern I found it changes colour throughout the day but remains darker most of the time. No regrets selecting it.

Ok... now I am getting worried about Moonshadow! Hearing too many things about the colour chipping off. Might have to rethink this choice before we go to contract... Thanks for the feedback
Contract Signing Appointment has been booked for 28 July. Should have plans and contract about a week before for review. Slightly concerned that they will push out the signing appointment as I am 99% sure they will miss some of our upgrades/variations we are still waiting for them to add in. They say they don't have time to price them and send them through until we see the contract. Hasn't been a stage yet where we haven't had to correct one of M's mistakes/oversights! Let's wait and see...

Beaumont Tile appointment booked for 1 August.

Nothing to do now but wait....
shokel1975
Contract Signing Appointment has been booked for 28 July. Should have plans and contract about a week before for review. Slightly concerned that they will push out the signing appointment as I am 99% sure they will miss some of our upgrades/variations we are still waiting for them to add in. They say they don't have time to price them and send them through until we see the contract. Hasn't been a stage yet where we haven't had to correct one of M's mistakes/oversights! Let's wait and see...

Oh exciting. They miss lots of things but @ signing time make sure they add them all in. Which they allow. Don’t sign them off until you’ve triple checked .They’ll send them to you as a variation to check and sign off. One thing we missed but they rectified later on was they didn’t update our plans with the additional add ons and this is what the SM follows. Best of luck

Emmz70
shokel1975

Oh exciting. They miss lots of things but @ signing time make sure they add them all in. Which they allow. Don’t sign them off until you’ve triple checked .They’ll send them to you as a variation to check and sign off. One thing we missed but they rectified later on was they didn’t update our plans with the additional add ons and this is what the SM follows. Best of luck

Thanks, yes I will definitely be triple checking each line item in the contract and everything on the plans in regards to our upgrades & variations. Too many things have dropped off along the way that we have picked up on, so now I go through each new version line by line! Thanks!
Emmz70

You also went with a Walnut front door didn't you emmz70? Pretty sure we changed our bricks based on one of your photos

Drew01
Emmz70

You also went with a Walnut front door didn't you emmz70? Pretty sure we changed our bricks based on one of your photos

We are heading to a couple of brick displays this week to look at other options. Really second guessing Moonshadow now.
Drew01
Emmz70

Walnut was a little too light. Preferred The black japan but they couldn’t do it as an external stain so we went with the Charcoal stain it was the closest match. Replaced all our walnut stains with Charcoal. Blends in well with glenfern

Drew01
Emmz70

Not a decent pic but sample with the red dot is charcoal and next to it black japan

Signed on the dotted line today... still disputing a couple of prices in final contract but keeping the wheels turning towards getting to the build.

Unfortunately looks like we may need a planning permit, which will delay the process

Will wait and see.
shokel1975
Signed on the dotted line today... still disputing a couple of prices in final contract but keeping the wheels turning towards getting to the build.

Unfortunately looks like we may need a planning permit, which will delay the process

Will wait and see.

Congrats shokel, all the best

stoff17
shokel1975

Will wait and see.

Thanks Stoff!
shokel1975
stoff17
shokel1975

Will wait and see.

Thanks Stoff!
Congrats !!!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum