Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Feedback on floor plan please

Page 1 of 1
Hello, hope someone can give me feedback on pros and cons of the below floor plans. Our front block is facing east so I understand the front of the house get the morning sun and the living room+alfresco get the afternoon sun. I would like to check which one of the two will be better in terms of energy requirement and will it be okay if I use window splashback? I have read that as long as the window splashback is not facing west,it should be fine. In our case, the window splashback would be facing south.

Between the two plans shown I would go with the one with alfresco facing north (non-red version). If it faces south it will be cold in winter and less used.

Your splashback should be fine where it is.

You could put some vertical screening outside your west facing lounge window or plant a tree to lessen the glare from the setting sun.

Hillsbuilds
Between the two plans shown I would go with the one with alfresco facing north (non-red version). If it faces south it will be cold in winter and less used.

Agreed.
Hillsbuilds

You could put some vertical screening outside your west facing lounge window or plant a tree to lessen the glare from the setting sun.

thank you for the feedback. It confirmed my understanding on the floor plan.

That's actually the next thing I am going to research because I've heard that even double glazed windows + tinting and other window coverings, that spot can still be hot in summer. Thank you so much, will keep that in mind and look for inspiration.
Related
7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum