Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Miami 16 Mcdonald Jones!!!

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone build Miami 16 with Mcdonald Jones!!!!

Keen to understand the experience you had with Mcdonald Jones and if anyone can share the pics of facades that will be great. I am building this house in Box Hills, Gables.

Changes that I am looking to make in my plan:

1. Add a shower to Powder room
  2. I have to reduce the current length of house plan by 0.8m, so making the esnuite bathroom bit smaller, taking some area from kitchen.
  3. Instead of grand alfreco, we are moving our dinning area in the front of kitchen. Then our alfresco will be in between Master bedroom
  4. Converting the children activities to bedroom 5
  5. facade choosen is provincial for now.

Keen to hear from ppl.
We’re building the QLD equivalent. The Miami 31. We’ve got our initial colour studio walk through today 😊 would be great to connect with someone also building a Miami. We’ve gone the Cascade D facade and increased the height of the portico to 400mm instead of 200.
Thanks kailie.

Even we are also looking at Cascade Facade as well. Havent finalised yet.
You have mentioned that you have increased the height of portico: Can you pls shed some light on what it means and how that changes?

Even we had the colour studio walkthrough and upgrades we are looking at, I believe that 10K wont be sufficent for us. So we are trying to work it out, what things to opt for and what not?

have you made any changes to floor plans etc?
Sorry!!!

Just Reviewed your thread....
No problem, we’ve already spent about $50k on top of the base price and we haven’t even done selections yet 🙈. Our main expenses were the facade- $9500 for cascade D and then an extra $2800 for increased portico height. Increasing the alfresco size to the Mac Jones grand alfresco, increasing garage width by 1m, BAL rating modifications and full render. Everything else was relatively minor.
Hi Kallie how is your build going?
Nevs5
Hi Kallie how is your build going?

Really great so far! Slab went down on the 17th October and we’ve just had our rough in complete and are awaiting bricks 😁
Good to hear did you choose your floor covering through MJH if so what would be a ball park allowance its hard we haven't got working plans yet and I want to know the cost of everything yesterday
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum