Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

G Development in Bris - Form 21 04/12 awaiting handover

Page 3 of 4
BrentandAllison
pandibabi
@Brentandallison You guys heading to the home show this weekend?

We were just discussing that at breakfast. We prob will. Get some ideas. I went to the 2012 one, lived it, and lived to mess with the sales people too
Be careful handing out your info. I received so much sales calls for months after when I went to the 1 in march!

Not much happening since but I did notice a lone builder there this morning probably repairing defects as found in the inspection report. Otherwise waiting on Bricks delivery.

Also the HIA show was a waste of time
it was just toooo busy.
pandibabi
Not much happening since but I did notice a lone builder there this morning probably repairing defects as found in the inspection report. Otherwise waiting on Bricks delivery.

Also the HIA show was a waste of time
it was just toooo busy.

So glad we didn't end up going! My motorcycle helmet was accidently dropped, so we had to do a mad dash round the shops to get another one. Another expense we really didn't need. We ended up going furniture window shopping - found some really nice lounges. The sales people are just doing their job I guess, but when I say we aren't buying today -- they need to take note!
Haha as a mystery shopper I encourage them to talk more to the customer, it really sells the products. Whereas if they dont it can be outputting (looking at you luxury brands).

Not much happening this week as it was destined for inspection fixes and the builder warned me of this. They try to scare tactic me with this that it will delay my building costs me more in interest/rent yadda yadda yadda.. Jokes on them I think we are a month too early and I can handle the extra repayments.

I did see we had some new deliveries but I can't tell what it was, not bricks though

Sadly Ive been really stressed due to an ******* x tenant, non payment, went through court, granted warrant of possession, police thought he was dead inside turns out he abandoned and left such a bad mess
So thats my plan for the nxt few weeks to clean and fix and renovate on the chp to get it back on the market.

My workplace says I have too much leave - been banking it for the house move, but when I go take it to handle this tenancy mess, we are too busy at work. Cant win.

pandibabi
Haha as a mystery shopper I encourage them to talk more to the customer, it really sells the products. Whereas if they dont it can be outputting (looking at you luxury brands).

Not much happening this week as it was destined for inspection fixes and the builder warned me of this. They try to scare tactic me with this that it will delay my building costs me more in interest/rent yadda yadda yadda.. Jokes on them I think we are a month too early and I can handle the extra repayments.

I did see we had some new deliveries but I can't tell what it was, not bricks though

Sadly Ive been really stressed due to an ******* x tenant, non payment, went through court, granted warrant of possession, police thought he was dead inside turns out he abandoned and left such a bad mess
So thats my plan for the nxt few weeks to clean and fix and renovate on the chp to get it back on the market.

My workplace says I have too much leave - been banking it for the house move, but when I go take it to handle this tenancy mess, we are too busy at work. Cant win.

And that right there is why I'll never get an investment property..... People are the worst. They said that to me about being delayed and it costing more if I got an inspector. I asked "Why would it cost more?". He couldn't answer that question. I think he was just annoyed that it may have messed with his schedule as the SS has got everything booked and ready to go.
BrentandAllison
pandibabi

And that right there is why I'll never get an investment property..... People are the worst. They said that to me about being delayed and it costing more if I got an inspector. I asked "Why would it cost more?". He couldn't answer that question. I think he was just annoyed that it may have messed with his schedule as the SS has got everything booked and ready to go.

Majority of people are good, my first incident in the 10+ years I have been a landlord. I was young and naive and bought the property pre GFC when every property was snapped up before I can even view them! The previous owners made $50K profit off me just to hold the unit for 6 months. I bought it, and GFC hit and 10 years later its still hasn't gotten back to the price I bought it for. YOUNG AND STUPID I should say. But its equity has helped me buy 2 properties including the build I am doing now. I break even with the rent vs mortgage and bills.

It was so disgusting I nearly fainted cleaning up. Even though getting a cleaner in is a tax deduction, I needed to save the upfront costs. We painted it yesterday (to cover the stench left behind after 5x cleaning), I go back in tomorrow to fix it up more , doing everything on the cheap by repainting laminate kitchen and bathroom - even with family offering to pull out tiles and redoing them, I still rather paint then pull everything out (my back can't handle the workload needed to gut the unit).

Oh we have bricks and people there today - can you tell I lost enthusiasm with so much going on?
pandibabi
BrentandAllison
pandibabi

Majority of people are good, my first incident in the 10+ years I have been a landlord. I was young and naive and bought the property pre GFC when every property was snapped up before I can even view them! The previous owners made $50K profit off me just to hold the unit for 6 months. I bought it, and GFC hit and 10 years later its still hasn't gotten back to the price I bought it for. YOUNG AND STUPID I should say. But its equity has helped me buy 2 properties including the build I am doing now. I break even with the rent vs mortgage and bills.

It was so disgusting I nearly fainted cleaning up. Even though getting a cleaner in is a tax deduction, I needed to save the upfront costs. We painted it yesterday (to cover the stench left behind after 5x cleaning), I go back in tomorrow to fix it up more , doing everything on the cheap by repainting laminate kitchen and bathroom - even with family offering to pull out tiles and redoing them, I still rather paint then pull everything out (my back can't handle the workload needed to gut the unit).

Oh we have bricks and people there today - can you tell I lost enthusiasm with so much going on?
/quote]
That's a lot to handle all at once. At least its not when you need to do hand over and move while dealing with the other property.

Yay for bricks - hope they do a good job
Kitchen clean-up? Give the White Knight kitchen cabinet paints a go. Available from Bunnings. Absolutely amazing product/results. Perfect for rentals, too, as you can freshen up/change colours with such ease. Only tips are to really, really clean the surface with recommended cleaners and then wipe down with metho before painting. Oh, and it's OK to apply the colour coats with those little, baby rollers. You'll be so pleased with the result.
kks
Kitchen clean-up? Give the White Knight kitchen cabinet paints a go. Available from Bunnings. Absolutely amazing product/results. Perfect for rentals, too, as you can freshen up/change colours with such ease. Only tips are to really, really clean the surface with recommended cleaners and then wipe down with metho before painting. Oh, and it's OK to apply the colour coats with those little, baby rollers. You'll be so pleased with the result.
Oh yeah definately the plan! Imagine this... 80s peach kitchen laminates and benchtop AND peach handles! peach bath tub as well! Navy blue with silver handles are my plan... Gonna be spending my night at Bunnings!

pandibabi
kks

Gonna be spending my night at Bunnings!

That's our date night right there!!!
pandibabi
I got my frame stage inspection report back, not too bad. Still have defects to fix but not show stoppers. The inspector said that G Developments have been really good when he has dealt with them previously and that they always repair any defects.

Compared to my colleague's Builders, my colleague referred me to the inspectors and told me how they argued with the builder on his behalf.

I didn't understand what happens if I pass the defect list on, what happens next, how will I know they repaired it to standard? He explained that they either repair or not, but if something goes wrong down the track and I have the report to indicate the defect was known, I will be covered legally (give it to my insurance to deal with I guess). So for $400 it bring peace of mind.

See that first pic - where the 2 studs have been joined together by the outer piece of timber... Does that need to be fixed or is that OK??
BrentandAllison
pandibabi
I got my frame stage inspection report back, not too bad. Still have defects to fix but not show stoppers. The inspector said that G Developments have been really good when he has dealt with them previously and that they always repair any defects.

Compared to my colleague's Builders, my colleague referred me to the inspectors and told me how they argued with the builder on his behalf.

I didn't understand what happens if I pass the defect list on, what happens next, how will I know they repaired it to standard? He explained that they either repair or not, but if something goes wrong down the track and I have the report to indicate the defect was known, I will be covered legally (give it to my insurance to deal with I guess). So for $400 it bring peace of mind.

See that first pic - where the 2 studs have been joined together by the outer piece of timber... Does that need to be fixed or is that OK??

To be fixed, everything highlighted with that bright green spray has to be fixed
kks

We only painted the kitchen cabinets and I've ranned out of steam
one more layer of paint to go.. I still got counter tops, tiles and bath tub to do
I am soooooo tired
pandibabi
kks

We only painted the kitchen cabinets and I've ranned out of steam
one more layer of paint to go.. I still got counter tops, tiles and bath tub to do
I am soooooo tired

Air tasker....
Hope you're using those mini-rollers for much of the job. Really lightens the task.
Argh im doing it by the book.. when and if I remember haha..
Man with all the money I'm spending, its coming out of the new house, trying to save money so its all via free slave labour (mine)
Bricks started this morning and I think they are 3/4 done. Looks good but site is messy and hard to walk around and see. The left side fence is below the foundation which obviously is dangerous so hopefully they fix that up b4 handover. Ugh choosing your colours in summer means I kept it light (reflective) now I think I went too safe with roof, when we are under lots of shade
pandibabi
Bricks started this morning and I think they are 3/4 done. Looks good but site is messy and hard to walk around and see. The left side fence is below the foundation which obviously is dangerous so hopefully they fix that up b4 handover. Ugh choosing your colours in summer means I kept it light (reflective) now I think I went too safe with roof, when we are under lots of shade

Looking great. Roof colour can be changed with a paint, so see if it grows on you.
I'm locked out n they don't want me onsite so technically I breached by entering site. My kitchen cabinets show wood grain going vertical when my variations specifically stated horizontal. They probably say another week lost to fix it. Would you raise an issue?
pandibabi
I'm locked out n they don't want me onsite so technically I breached by entering site. My kitchen cabinets show wood grain going vertical when my variations specifically stated horizontal. They probably say another week lost to fix it. Would you raise an issue?

I would request it be changed. A weeks not long when you have to live with it. And they’ll prob make up the time
Related
15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

30/06/2023
Certifier and the Brisbane development website

Building A New House

Hi, does anyone have a clue how the Brisbane Development website work in terms of how uptodate the dates on it are (developmenti.brisbane.qld.gov.au). I transfered…

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum