Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

G Development in Bris - Form 21 04/12 awaiting handover

Page 1 of 4
Hi all,

This is my first ever build so I am very nervous and hope can learn from this site along the way. I couldn't find much research on G Developments so I hope this will help the next person.

Unfortunately I am peculiar in where I wanted to live as I have moved around Brisbane and find I come back to the area and since work will only be a few minutes away, its an added bonus. Its a small block of land (390sqm) and I am paying a premium for location as its not too far from CBD (not that I ever need to go there) & also the view.

The estate is new, and its the only available one in the area within the near future that has houses instead of townhouses. Some pics I have included are the views on the land which pretty much made me signed the contract.

09.02.2018 Put an expression of interest in the land
17.02.2018 Signed land & Build Contract
22.02.2018 $1k land deposit
01.04.2018 5% deposit for land & build
03.04.2018 Finance approval
19.04.2018 Settled on land
26.05.2018 Final drawings - unfortunately found a mistake and realise I could make a butler's pantry by removing a robe.. so back to drawing board again. Nothing happened for weeks til I made a phone call and realise no action so escalated.
21.06.2018 Final Drawings V2 signed off
29.06.2018 Landscape plans approved
05.07.2018 Development Approval given
10.07.2018 Commencement Approval given
07.08.2018 Site Cut
08.08.2018 Peg Out
09.08.2018 Piers/footings
10.08.2018 Drainer under slab
14.08.2018 Slab pour
17.08.2018 Base payment completed
23/08/2018 Frame & Trusses Delivery
03/09/2018 Frame complete - Completed 27/08/2018
07/09/2018 Windows
06/09/2018 Roof
14/09/2018 Bricks delivered pushed back a week to fix defects found in inspection
28/09/2018 Brickwork completed
[Forecasted]
08/10/2018 Kitchen
11/10/2018 Carpenter Fix Out
19/10/2018 Painting
19/10/2018 Tile Delivery
29/10/2018 Tiling
09/10/2018 Driveway Pour
31/10/2018 Fit offs
22/10/2018 Fencing
16/11/2018 Final Building Inspection delayed to 3/12/2018
29/11/2018 Form 21 Certificate

The only view not included will be fence to the only neighbour..
This house is designed specifically for the lot, luckily I quite like the design and didn't make too much changes. The house is full turn key, but I actually cut back $20K worth of stuff in my 1st variation because I have family members that do building finishing touches so free labour! & also more creative control..

I love the marble and oak look, its so nice and airy, and will age well. I love how you have trees near you! I grew up on acreage, its so nice to be surrounded by trees. I'll follow along your build, I've never heard of your builder before.
allblaqk
I love the marble and oak look, its so nice and airy, and will age well. I love how you have trees near you! I grew up on acreage, its so nice to be surrounded by trees. I'll follow along your build, I've never heard of your builder before.

Yes its to cut through the over use of white and 50 shades of grey! I just realised I wanted my front door painted red.. *facepalm*
External colour choices

Kitchen Choices

I actually cut out stone bench tops and went back to Laminate

Splashbacks.. omg the choices.. I am undecided (also waiting on prices). In order of preference..
Unfortunately I couldn't find what I wanted at National Tiles (builder's choice) for the wet tiles so settling with these..

More pics of the basin and landscaping around the estate and street view of land

Got my plans back and realise I should've turned the smaller room into a study not a bedroom! duh.. so I removed a robe and part of linen to get a bigger pantry which also added more counter & OHC space.. Gonna set back my building back but get it right in the admin stage.. Plus they made a mistake on their drawings. Also got my electrical plans..

My electrical plans, moved the power points to wall along doors. Also they are all singles!

so what stage are you at with the build? We are just waiting on a start date. I'm hoping we start in the next week or 2.. or 3... or 4..... who knows!
I just finalised my plans yesterday...

For 3 weeks it went nowhere, only when I called and the girl was off sick that it picked up she wasn't doing anything and it got escalated, my variations and plans got done in 1 day.. grrr.. so yeah off to DA now? Very slow
I totally understand!
Been obsessive looking for lights for the kitchen bench area, Dining and Family. Since I'm going for the wood/white marble look I am leaning towards gold/brass/wood light fittings and at the same time not go crazy with the budget.. Yet I really like the luxe look
or art deco/modern/unique look.. still trying to narrow down...But I like these,, Recommendations? Places to check out?

Yay got Development Approval!
We have the below forecasted dates, please note however these are subject to change and not final
- Site Cut 7/8
- Peg Out 8/8
- Piers/footings 9/8
- Drainer underslab 10/8
- Slab pour 17/8
exciting! I have a calendar at work I mark off each day. When I first started it it looked daunting to se 6 months ahead - all blank. But a month into it now and its filling up very quick!

BrentandAllison
exciting! I have a calendar at work I mark off each day. When I first started it it looked daunting to se 6 months ahead - all blank. But a month into it now and its filling up very quick!

hahaha I'm too busy racking my brains out about 3 pendant lights, then I decided to question my flooring choices (both I have control to do after). Its driving me MAAAAADDDD
Omg finally some action on my land but why add soil??? Is a "site cut" an oxymoron?

- Site Cut 7/8
- Peg Out 8/8
- Piers/footings 9/8
- Drainer underslab 10/8:

Related
15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

30/06/2023
Certifier and the Brisbane development website

Building A New House

Hi, does anyone have a clue how the Brisbane Development website work in terms of how uptodate the dates on it are (developmenti.brisbane.qld.gov.au). I transfered…

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum