Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone built with Hotondo Homes (Darvale Homes) Melton?

Page 1 of 1
Looking for some reviews about their quality.
In the same boat; looking for reviews. Are you building with them or have you found someone else ?
Same here. Were you able to find any details? The Wallan builder seems to have some nice reviews.
I've built with them.

Happy to answer your questions.
MBP
I've built with them.

Which plan did you go for? How was your experince with them? How was their build quality? Did you face any issues?

Most of the volume builders seems to be a hit and miss affair, when it comes to build quality . Some of them don't even care to fix issues during maitainace period, let alone the extra costs and charges during the build.
Hi I had contact and got the quote from them . Unbelievable unreasonable price for 29 square home. Not recommedation.
MBP
I've built with them.

Hi MBP, we are planning to build with them, but there are no reviews online.
It would be great it you could share..
- how your experience with them was in general ?
- if you would recommend them ?
- if given the opportunity to build again, would you go with them without thinking twice ?
Hi baronx, weren't you going with Urban Edge at one stage? Did you change?
brokenstick
Hi baronx, weren't you going with Urban Edge at one stage? Did you change?

brokenstick We were going with them, but we pulled the plug before contract.

We found them extremely unhelpful when we had any issues about their "process". They are not following the law set by the VBA which dictates that the builder should let the owners nominate their own choice of Building Surveyor.

On top of that, at tender they agreed to increase the cost of delays based on the rental valuation of the house. We've seen multiple houses from UE being dragged on for 2 years. But before contract they refused and all we were told is that "Management says No"

Having built with another big builder before, whenever we had any issues with our previous builder, someone from the management was just a phone call away. But with UE, it was always the admin or their team-lead who was in touch with us, even when we left a bad review and hadn't even signed on the dotted line.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. We have just about finished our build with them and overall the experience has been positive - there have been some issues, but they have dealt with them and we haven't had to escalate to management (yet, touch wood!). Also, looks like they will finish several months ahead of schedule, which is a nice surprise
Iamlama
The Hotondo Homes Wallan builder seems to have some nice reviews.

Has anyone on this forum or anyone you know hired
Hotondo Homes Wallan (Shop 1A / 45 High Street, Wallan VIC 3756) or
Hotondo Homes South Morang (Level 1, 106 / 2 Murdoch Road, South Morang VIC 3752)
to do their house build?

How do their prices compare to a basic build of Carlisle , Boutique , HomeBuyers , DennisFamily , Henley , TrueValue , SJD , Eight , G.J. Gardner , Orbit , & then Porter Davis (true final price) , Metricon (true final price) , Burbank (true final price)?
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum