Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder forgetting to put drainage in slab

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

We are building 2 and a half hours from our current house and today is the first time I’ve seen the block since it was an empty block.

We went to check out the slab that was poured last week and all the plumbing drainage points are built into the slab including one of the extra points for the butlers pantry.

The problem is they have missed the drainage point in the alfresco slab we paid for so we can have an outdoor kitchen.

Our builder doesn’t include concrete in the alfresco and we didn’t really want it because we wanted to do a deck and not tiles, but because we wanted plumbing there we had to pay approximately $1200 extra for the concrete as well as around $700 for the plumbing for hot and cold water and drainage. It’s all in the contract and on the plans.

Anyway, my question is, can they fix it and how do they fix it?

I didn’t get to see it till 6pm so I sent my SS a text letting him know and asking him to call me tomorrow to discuss it.

I am not sure what he’s going to say about it.

This picture is of our plans showing that we are having the plumbing done and where, so they can’t try to turn it around on us.

Edit: we noticed afterwards that they missed the drainage point we had added to the pantry also.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
My freestanding bath waste is in the wrong place and my builder said they will rectify by cutting the slab and reposition and concrete fill back in. Im sure they could do the same.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Probably a different situation to move a pluming point that completely miss one - they would have to tap into your kitchen which is close but not that close...
Could depend on where steel and waffles are where plus termite mesh etc.
To help others in the future;

This has been fixed now by cutting the slab from the kitchen island bench through to the butlers pantry. We must have arrived not long after the concrete was poured but it’s a horrible job and I’ve emailed them to have it fixed as we are having approximately 180 sqm of Karndean vinyl planks, the ones in the kitchen will sag horribly if left as is.

The alfresco was fixed by cutting into the slab where the brick wall will be

Related
14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum