Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Miami 31- Brighton Homes- Northern Gold Coast

Page 9 of 11
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86
Still playing the waiting game.... Developers approval and bank valuation all completed. Just waiting on Brighton to hurry up with the pre-lodgement step (apparently the engineering and final plans etc) so that we can get through council and on to site. Just want a slab already lol. I’m already over our rental and it’s only been 6 weeks lol

I'm with you Kailie waiting sucks lol. I'm still waiting from my builder to get back for our final plans. I hope we didn't miss anything so we can just sign it and move on.

It’s the worst. Hopefully not too much longer. There’s about 3/4 houses almost up to slab already in there. No idea how they all got through council and on site so quickly lol

Today we got 3 signs 😁 1 for the build, pool and landscaping. Eager to get the show on the road now 💃🏼
kailie86

Today we got 3 signs 😁 1 for the build, pool and landscaping. Eager to get the show on the road now 💃🏼

yay won't be long now...im jealous lol our final contract won't be til 10 August
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

yay won't be long now...im jealous lol our final contract won't be til 10 August
/quote]

Seems like so far away but it will come quick. I still don’t even know where we’re up to. Kind of in limbo at the moment, waiting to be submitted to council.
look forward to see how brighton perform, i love one of their designs
Looking forward to following your build!

How have Brighton Homes been to deal with?
Ourhomebythehill
Looking forward to following your build!

How have Brighton Homes been to deal with?

Our Sales Consultant was AMAZING! She literally went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, even after we’d signed our initial tender. Admin has been up and down. Very quick to begin with, appointments were all scheduled quickly however then we had delays with our land registration and selling our old home. The next part has been a bit slower. I think they’ve got a lot of work on at the moment so it’s slowed everything right down. At the moment we’ve been waiting a few weeks for our final plans and checks to be completed so that we can submit everything to the private certifier. Fingers crossed we’ll be on to construction soon! They’re usually pretty good with emails which is good. I don’t think the admin stage is any worse then other project home builders.
We’ve finally been lodged for building approval. Finance approval came in on Monday. Things are beginning to fall into place 😁 4-6 weeks and we should be out on site.
kailie86
candiceb
burkky
We FINALLY did it! 7 months, 3 agents and 3 contracts but it’s finally sold! First thing we did was contact Brighton to organise contract signing. Bring on the new build 🍾🥂

do you mind letting me know how much per m2 you are paying. im interested in brighton but it is so hard to know roughly what the end cost will be, as opposed to the advertised price. thanks

Hi Candice,
I haven’t worked out the price per m2. However we’ve so far spent about 100k over the original price. That was with some pretty expensive changes and upgrades though. I’d say it sits somewhere between $1000-1100 mark.

sorry ive been sesrching brighton again and realised i didnt see your reply. the proce per m2 spunds great
thanks for taking the time to reply
Today we were officially placed on the construction list 😁

Received council approval late Friday. Approved plans were issued to our bank yesterday and the Authority to Commence Construction came through late last night. Couldn’t be happier 😁 bring on the slab!
kailie86

Received council approval late Friday. Approved plans were issued to our bank yesterday and the Authority to Commence Construction came through late last night. Couldn’t be happier 😁 bring on the slab!

slab party yay! for us we still have to wait another 8wks til we know our start date
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

slab party yay! for us we still have to wait another 8wks til we know our start date
/quote]

Seems so far away but I’m sure it will go quickly. Council we really quick for us, only 2 weeks. Maybe you won’t have to wait the entire 8 weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻
kailie86
Marcoola32_GC
kailie86

/quote]

Seems so far away but I’m sure it will go quickly. Council we really quick for us, only 2 weeks. Maybe you won’t have to wait the entire 8 weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Yeah hope so...fingers cross

Site start happened today 💃🏼🤗 Now just waiting for the all clear to start the pool. So much rock! Hopefully we’ve allowed enough in our contract to cover it.
How exciting. Looking forward to watching your build.
dvkent
How exciting. Looking forward to watching your build.

Thanks 😁 it’s all very exciting!
Pool dig began today. 10hrs of digging and still only about 2/3 of the way through. So long cash 💸💸😩
We are looking at the Oasis 34 which actually look similar to what you have (they no longer have the Miami in their home design catalogue).

Will you mind sharing the cost for the bal12.5 they charging and what included? Are their site cost charges fair compare to other builders?
cory
We are looking at the Oasis 34 which actually look similar to what you have (they no longer have the Miami in their home design catalogue).

Will you mind sharing the cost for the bal12.5 they charging and what included? Are their site cost charges fair compare to other builders?

Hi Cory, yes the Miami and the Oasis are almost identical, that’s why they got rid of the Miami. Our Miami is modified to be 34 squares so is pretty much identical to the Oasis at Rochedale. Our Bal which is a 12.5 ended up costing around $10k. That included the anticon blanket under our colorbond roof (5k), screens to all windows, spark arrestors, glazing as required, merbau door jambs and external posts etc.

We are on S class soil so our site costs were ‘as standard’. To upgrade to M class if required was about $6000. You can have your Sales Consultant add whichever class soil provision you like to your tender if you’re worried about soils. They don’t however have fixed price contracts so if you’re worried I’d recommend adding allowances to your contract to cover yourself. We knew we were building on rock so we’ve included a $5000 allowance for it, if it doesn’t get used entirely then that money will come off our final invoice at the end.

Highly recommend Jules at the Helensvale displays if you’re looking for an awesome SC. She goes above and beyond!
Thanks for telling that they don't have fixed price contract but what exactly does that mean? Does it meant they can change the price of the build anytime during the build? Our previous builds are all with fixed price contract.
Related
30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum