Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Final Docs received

Page 1 of 1

how soon do they start earth works after final docs received?
Do you mean the block "cut" ... or setting up the slab.

It can depend. But if everything is OK - should be pretty soon.
atemby

Hi Atemby how exciting ๐Ÿ˜, we handed our final docs back on 23/12 and slab down was yesterday, we moved into scheduling on 23/12 then construction on 9/2 then had earthworks about 1-1/2 weeks later hope that helps a little bit
vanessah2015
atemby

Hi Atemby how exciting ๐Ÿ˜, we handed our final docs back on 23/12 and slab down was yesterday, we moved into scheduling on 23/12 then construction on 9/2 then had earthworks about 1-1/2 weeks later hope that helps a little bit

Thanks
very exciting i just want it to be built haha
๐Ÿ˜‚ I know the feeling the waiting sucks
vanessah2015
๐Ÿ˜‚ I know the feeling the waiting sucks

oh doesnt it!! did they give you time frame of when your house will be finished?
Not really we were told at prestart 7 months, hoping itโ€™ll be sooner because we were told at prestart slab would be March would be pretty chuffed if itโ€™s sooner
wonโ€™t know till we meet our ss, paying rent and mortgage is a killer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
vanessah2015
Not really we were told at prestart 7 months, hoping itโ€™ll be sooner because we were told at prestart slab would be March would be pretty chuffed if itโ€™s sooner

it sure is!! I thought your slab had already be laid... we have just gone into scheduling now they say 4-6 weeks until slab but i hope its sooner!!!! just want it to be built haha
vanessah2015

it sure is!! I thought your slab had already be laid... we have just gone into scheduling now they say 4-6 weeks until slab but i hope its sooner!!!! just want it to be built haha
Hi atemby sorry think Iโ€™m being confusing our slab was laid 27/2 last week a week earlier then they originally said it would be in prestart and at prestart we were told due to it being a bigger home it would take around 7 months I think itโ€™ll be sooner Iโ€™m hoping end of July -mid August
fingers crossed you fly through scheduling we were told 4-6 weeks it literally took 6 weeks ๐Ÿ˜‚ felt like forever
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum