Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Allcastle Homes Grandworth 45 MK2

Page 7 of 19
ladiidah1
Hi guys! we are building an allcastle home - the grandworth newbury. Similar layout to yours Ymiao but the smaller version. So far pretty impressed with allcastle. Not too happy with the delays that the rain is making us have. We are currently at the bricking phase and they have just put up the scaffolding. As there is no roof on at present the inside of the house is flooded. It literally rains more inside then it does out! Very annoying

So far our timeline looks like this

Date council plans approved: 3rd May 2018
Date house demolished: 4th June 2018
Date garage door replaced: 20th July 2018 (got damaged during demolition)
Date land levelled: 1st August 2018
Date slab poured: 9th August 2018
Date Drainage commenced: 16th August 2018
Date Electrical services brought in: 31st August 2018
Date Frame delivered: 7th September 2018
Date Frame commenced: 10th September 2018
Date windows/doors delivered: 11th September 2018
Date windows/doors put into frame: 17th September 2018
Date first lot of bricks delivered: 24th September 2018
Date internal plumbing commenced: 24th September 2018
Date bricking commenced: 28th September 2018
Date internal plumbing completed: 2nd October 2018
Date scaffolding erected: 11th october 2018

So seems like we are a couple of months behind you guys!

We seem to be on a similar time line..... we are currently bricking 2nd story if only this stupid rain would go away..... fingers crossed for some sunshine to come
we were lucky, our roof was on before the big rain a few months back. it's ok as long as they drain the upper floor the yellow tongue will not be affected. all our electrical wirings are in, i am thinking they will arrange pre-lining inspection next week.
metskim
ladiidah1
Hi guys! we are building an allcastle home - the grandworth newbury. Similar layout to yours Ymiao but the smaller version. So far pretty impressed with allcastle. Not too happy with the delays that the rain is making us have. We are currently at the bricking phase and they have just put up the scaffolding. As there is no roof on at present the inside of the house is flooded. It literally rains more inside then it does out! Very annoying

We seem to be on a similar time line..... we are currently bricking 2nd story if only this stupid rain would go away..... fingers crossed for some sunshine to come

Looks like rain is forecast for all of next week. They don't lay bricks during the rain do they? I don't remember it ever raining in sydney this much! The entire second floor is pooling with water. Ymiao when are you expected to have your stairs installed?
ladiidah1
metskim
ladiidah1

Looks like rain is forecast for all of next week. They don't lay bricks during the rain do they? I don't remember it ever raining in sydney this much! The entire second floor is pooling with water. Ymiao when are you expected to have your stairs installed?

after gyprocks go in. if the rain is pooling just tell your site supervisor and they can do something about that.
Pre-lining inspection tomorrow, going to take lots of photos of the wiring and plumbing to help with future renos. once gyprock goes in this week, it should speed up again.
ymiao4398
Pre-lining inspection tomorrow, going to take lots of photos of the wiring and plumbing to help with future renos. once gyprock goes in this week, it should speed up again.

just curious is this a set inspection time or have you requested this separately?
metskim
ymiao4398

just curious is this a set inspection time or have you requested this separately?

this is a set inspection time, Pre-Lining is a inspection AC organise for you to attend, as having records of how pipes and ducting is laid will help in the future, and it's basically the last chance you have to rectify any structual issues, like bent beams or damaged noggins. like we had.
our gyprock has gone in over the weekend. looks like things will speed up a bit with the finishings. i believe stairs are going in this week.
We have roof sarking and tiles going on today thank god so at least protected from future rains
metskim
We have roof sarking and tiles going on today thank god so at least protected from future rains

What house are you building metskim and what area? We have a colourbond roof. How long did it take between bricks being finished to roof starting? Hoping to have our roof on soon. Back half of our house has been completed bricking wise but still have front have and balcony needing to be bricked.
ladiidah1
metskim

What house are you building metskim and what area? We have a colourbond roof. How long did it take between bricks being finished to roof starting? Hoping to have our roof on soon. Back half of our house has been completed bricking wise but still have front have and balcony needing to be bricked.

we are building grandworth 42.5 with tiled roof in blacktown area, they finished bricking and start roofing a day later, laid the sarking and main roof in 1 day was finished yesterday evening by 5pm only the verandah to go which i assume will happen once the scaffolding is taken down from the back but will check this afternoon and see if done.
Hopefully it will happen before the rains for you
lower floor roofs doesn't go on until after the eaves are in. once the scaffolding are down then that's when they start the alfresco and front. our roof was on in one day too.
metskim

nice, it took about 3 week for us to get to pre-lining. the grandworth apparently takes longer to per-line, also we had a lot of cables going around.
our waterproofing was done today, looks like all the walls in the bathrooms are the water resistant version, and the blue waterproof coating just in the wet areas.

also stairs are in as well as all the internal doors.
so our bathroom tiling seems to be taking forever. it's been about two weeks now. but it could be because of the fact we have 4 bathrooms with full floor to ceiling tiling
So today we had the gyprock put in. They had a big crew and looks like it was nearly all finished in the 1 day. Not sure about cornices though.
Last few weeks they had done electrical/ data rough in and fix up bits and pieces around the outside
I wasnt happy with the electrical rough in, especially the data and security. But im probably alittle bias in that regard. Houspect done inspection and picked up a few things, mostly doors and windows. Hopefully they were sorted out after all castle got a copy. I'll be checking at next inspection.
I was impressed with the thoroughness of the inspection.
I threw a few questions and concerns at supervisor. Always had good answers as to why and how things are the way they are done or what will be done. Nothing of big concern though.
The thing I always need to remind myself is that it isnt a million dollar custom house, so it is build at a budget and in a hurry, with mimimal supervision, so not everything is going to be perfect, as we all want. From what I've learnt over this time, speaking to others, is that this is the same for all mass volume builders.
our cornices don't go in until later, ours is still out the open. so went and had a look yesterday, the tiling is mainly done, it looks nice floor to ceiling glad we spent the extra on it. we also upgraded to the invisible floor wastes and that was well worth the money.

the electrical and plumbing rough in was done very well. we had the housepec report as well, and it was very well written, but looking over the report it appears it's a template that they just remove stuff from. but talking to the inspector he was pretty good. also the site supervisor was very open with the questions and answers.
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum