Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Allcastle Homes Grandworth 45 MK2

Page 6 of 19
so our bricking has started. gave me a panic attack yesterday when i saw the mortar going on was very dark, apparently that's how they look going on, and once it drys it become off-white.

also only realised now that the garage doesn't have a frame, it's just going to be a brickwall. no biggie but would have liked a frame there.
Good that the brick laying has started. Yeah single skin brick wall on garage is very common with home building, just need to be careful if drilling a hole later to hang something.😉
For us they dropped off the frames on monday and got stuck into it yesterday. Great to finally see some progress 😆
great news on the frame, hopefully no more stuff ups for you.

we had 1 minor defect coming out of the houspect report regarding one of the frames, which hopefully will get rectified by the builder in the next few days. but other wise all good.
bricking is progressing, but it feels a bit slower compare to the other stages but i know bricking will take a while, internal plumping has been done now.
not much progress, the bricking hasn't happened for a week due to waiting for scaffolding and more bricks. now that everything is in place it will continue on, but all internal plumbing has been complete. booked in a site visit for tomorrow to have a walk around.
Hi All,
Our frames were completed last week, bricks delivered, should start laying them tomorrow.
Houspect done inspection, found everything was satisfactory. We checked it out too with builder and great to see it actually taking shape.
great news on that coppersmith. we still waiting for our bricking to be complete. all internal pipes are done now.

just glad we got the garage extended by a meter and the roller door upgraded to 2.4m.
The gutters are in, i am thinking the roofers will start soon.
have any of you guys seen the selection available from Beaumont? Just wondering what / if you have taken any photos of builders range?
we didn't have beaumont, we used beautiful tiles. should be similar, the builders range is pretty thin, it didn't cost much to upgrade to porcelain. be prepared to pay around 3k-5k extra to upgrade. as we didn't have floor coverings for upstairs we decided to install wood look tiles for the whole upstairs. which was around 20k. and upgraded full floor to ceiling tiles for all bathrooms, it was alot cheaper doing it with the tiler directly then with AC.
They had a big crew of brickies come through this week, and bricked up most of the ground level, now waiting for scaffolding. Suprise how quick it happened.
Ymiao, did u make the garage 1m deeper? That would be handy, my ute wont fit in the garage as it is.
yes we did, we cut into the media room by 1m as we didn't need something that big. the media room is more like a games room for us. so shifted everything by 1m it was free.
our roof is now on, and AC is once again at the fore front at invoicing
Render for the front done, internal wiring going in this week, the sarking was done very well.
Good to hear progress is happening. Plumbing was done on ours last week. I think the brickies would of finished last week, now the scaffolding is up, but the rain scared them away.
Have to go have a closer look at how plumbing came..
we were lucky that the roof was on before the big storm last weekend. the plumbing was done very well, by the same guy that did the pit outside.
so our roof got capped and ridges done, solar panels are going on. then they will start on ground floor roofs. haven't had a chance to look at internals yet.
They finished bricking our house yesterday, last bit was the balcony. From what I could see, it looks good.
I'm happy with the plumbing, looks like it was done neatly, piping secure and nothing out of place.
I had noticed a terrible looking weld on a shs beam, that is a support between two I beams. Apparently it isnt finished yet and frame guys will be back to finish off weld properly and gal paint it, once brickwork is complete. Sure hope so, will check on it in a couple of weeks.
it looks like we will be finishing off pre-lining soon, all the scaffolding is gone. fingers crossed.
Hi guys! we are building an allcastle home - the grandworth newbury. Similar layout to yours Ymiao but the smaller version. So far pretty impressed with allcastle. Not too happy with the delays that the rain is making us have. We are currently at the bricking phase and they have just put up the scaffolding. As there is no roof on at present the inside of the house is flooded. It literally rains more inside then it does out! Very annoying

So far our timeline looks like this

Date council plans approved: 3rd May 2018
Date house demolished: 4th June 2018
Date garage door replaced: 20th July 2018 (got damaged during demolition)
Date land levelled: 1st August 2018
Date slab poured: 9th August 2018
Date Drainage commenced: 16th August 2018
Date Electrical services brought in: 31st August 2018
Date Frame delivered: 7th September 2018
Date Frame commenced: 10th September 2018
Date windows/doors delivered: 11th September 2018
Date windows/doors put into frame: 17th September 2018
Date first lot of bricks delivered: 24th September 2018
Date internal plumbing commenced: 24th September 2018
Date bricking commenced: 28th September 2018
Date internal plumbing completed: 2nd October 2018
Date scaffolding erected: 11th october 2018

So seems like we are a couple of months behind you guys!
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum