Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home - Fairhaven Homes - Frame

Page 3 of 3
Gaudi
Exciting times
Hope you are using a building consultant or inspector. Take lots of photos at slab and frame stages when you don’t even know what you are taking photos of in case you need them later if any issues arise. Trade quality varies from build to build with the same builder.
Look forward to reading updates.

I'm hoping to use Darbecca. On my to do list, just been preoccupied by trying to get finance.
GEOnTREY
To all those building or have already built with Fairhaven Homes...could you please tell me what colour ceilings doors architraves skirting boards etc you are having and if it was standard or an upgrade in price?

I went with winter ice for everything which was standard. I'm not too fussed about paint colour though. It will be light enough to paint over in time (if I decide to).

If I was to pick a different wall colour I would probably go with white leather or grey moth, though I do not remember what was standard.
Okay, finally some pictures.

I made the following upgrades:

Bath fittings

Bathroom/ensuite basin mixer

Shower fitting

Bathroom/ensuite sinks

Kitchen Sink
GEOnTREY
To all those building or have already built with Fairhaven Homes...could you please tell me what colour ceilings doors architraves skirting boards etc you are having and if it was standard or an upgrade in price?

My partner and I chose Gemini silver (Taubmans) and it was included in the standard paint colours.

- Shannon
So I'm still waiting to start. Hopefully the construction team will be in contact with me either next week or the following week. I'm so desperate to see a slab. Fairhaven has been great, just taken time with finances.

At the moment it doesn't feel quite real. That being said, there is no way I could have possibly bought an established 4 bedroom house for under $300k here (looking at closer to $400k) so I keep reminding myself to be patient.
Hi CalicoCat,
I've just read your thread and will follow it now. Love your colours, well done.

Did you end up going for the double glazed windows? If you did do you mind me asking what you paid for them? Also I noticed you upgraded your wall insulation, was this for reduced heating / cooling costs? Ive been thinking about this as i will be building in an area with no natural gas so our primary heating will be a wood fire with split system as a back up.
Hi Maccar81,
Thank you very much.
I ended up going with the doubled glazed throughout the house. For me it cost ~$3500 off the top of my head. I wanted double glazed and increased insulation as I'm sensitive to noise, I would have sacrificed other things just to keep the double glazed and acoustic insulation.
If it helps with bill cost that is an extra. I'm lucky here we have gas.
Frame is up and a few windows are in.

In my case, in the case of a house with land, it is best to conduct soundproofing around the perimeter of my yard. I'm thinking about putting acoustic curtains. Someone already had experience with them. How good are they?
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros