Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - New Build SA

Page 2 of 4

Frame complete 😃

looks great
Here’s our latest, bricks delivered windows in, roof on. Now waiting on a bricklayer.

Woo we have a bricklayer and he has started.

Yay for a start on the bricks.

Coming along, hoping the weather doesn’t slow things down too much. Met the bricklayer on Saturday, nice guy doing a great job.

Bricklayer has finished, very happy with our bricks 👍😀😀

Front wall will be rendered.
Code128

Hi, what bricks have you chosen if you don't mind me asking.
PBN84
Code128

Hi, what bricks have you chosen if you don't mind me asking.

Hi, we chose vintage grey from the Hallet range at Austral bricks.
Hi Code 128,

Thank for the reply. The bricks look fantastic. Your build is coming together very nicely.
PBN84
Hi Code 128,

Thank for the reply. The bricks look fantastic. Your build is coming together very nicely.

No worries PBN84, yes it really moves along once you get bricks it seems, fantastic to see all the different things come together.
Looking great now with plasterboard up, insulation and AC pipe work.

This was our job at the weekend ! Our SS offered us the bricks so we said yes, had to move them from front to back approximately 1700 we think. I’m thinking small retaining wall, patio or pizza oven !

We also had to head back to Weeks to select a new bench top for our kitchen, Polytec has discontinued their ABS edging however we were able find a Wilsonart concrete look laminate with an ABS edging that we really liked so hopefully it looks and feels as good as the small sample.

Cabinets in woohoo.

We couldn’t get access today as no one there but OH went yesterday to inspect so we could confirm it had been done and pay the latest invoice which was sent through a little bit premature.

Looks like our power and comms have been run in the street too so we shouldn’t be far off being connected there. Can’t wait for the rest of it.

Nice!

I really like your long cupboards in the hall way. We’re going to do something similar.

What type of doors are they? Is this melamine, 2pac or laminate?

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did these cupboards cost?
Joejoemetoo
Nice!

I really like your long cupboards in the hall way. We’re going to do something similar.

What type of doors are they? Is this melamine, 2pac or laminate?

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did these cupboards cost?

Hi, thanks 😀

No worries, they are melamine Laminate, Polytec Cafe Cream, Sheen. The linen was quoted at $3100 they are massive.
Love all that storage

Love your storage! I would like something similar when we build.
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum