Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Grange 25 (Newport)

Page 1 of 17
So, I have been following along and watching lots of builds and picking up lots of tips. It is now my turn to start my own thread.
We are building the Grange 25 (with changes) at Newport, Qld.

We have our tile appointment at National Tiles on 13 February, Colours on 7 March and Electrical on 7 March (that will be a busy day).
And a proposed start date for the build for 13 April (pretty sure that will come around quicker than it seems).

I have attached the original Grange 25 plan and our enlarged Grange 25 (now Grange 27) plan. We have pushed and pulled walls around to make it more open plan with lots of outdoor space.

TIMELINE -
May 2017 - Deposit on Land
9 November 2017 - Settlement on Land
Mid November 2017 - Soil Test by Coral (delay due to Stockland not taking estate fencing down)
Mid November 2017 - Tender requested
13 January 2018 - Tender received and changes made
27 January 2018 - Plan updated and contracts signed
13 February 2018 - Tile Selection
27 February 2018 - Building Approval
7 March 2018 - Colour Selection & Electrical Appointment
23 March 2018 - Covenant Approval
29 March 2018 - Email to advise start date Thursday 12 April 2018
6 April 2018 - Site Scrape
9 April 2018 - Piers
10 April 2018 - Plumbing
12 April - Waffle pods on site
13 April - Slab formed up
16 April - Slab poured
17 April - Met site superviser
19 April - Frames delivered
22 April - Energex on site
23 April - Frames started - wall up
24 April - Roof trusses to be done
26 April - Gutter and fascia done
28 April - Power on
30 April - Sarking and Roof Tiling started
4 May - Sarking, Roof Tiles, Pointing, Whirly Bird, House Wrap and Plumbing done (4 weeks from start)
8 May - Appointment on site with Electrician & Electrical Rough In done
11 May - Airconditioning Rough In, Windows, Sliding Doors, Cavity Slider Framing, Bath Frame, Front Door, Steel Supports for out door and porch, Gyprock sitting in garage.
15 May - Gyprock done & Goop on windows. Bricks stacked around the house.
20 May - Gyprock, plastering and cornices done.
22 May - Waterproofing done
23 May - Bricks started
26 May - Bricks finished, render started, skirting boards done, door frames done, doors on, shelves to robes and linen done, aerial installed.
29 May - Render finished, kitchen delivered
30 May - Kitchen installed
2 June - Facade and front of house finished
5 June - Garage door and downpipes
8 June - Tiling start (should be done by 14 June)
9 June - Meeting with concreter and fencer
15 June - Tiling complete, benchtops in
18 June - Painting started
29 June - Electrical fitout booked
5 July - Plumbers finished, mirrors installed, robes installed, shower screens installed, security screens installed, ducted airconditioning installed, preliminary clean done.
11 July - Window gap infills done, painting being finished, silicone being done.
23 July - House Inspection
27 July - Handover
2 August - Driveway started
6 August - Driveway finished
7 August - Fence started
10 August - Fence finished, stones to left side of house and back yard levelled and top soil
15 August - Grass to back yard & washing line up
16 August - stones and pavers to right side of house
20 August - Front landscaping to start
15 September - Back landscaping finished
Hi bestspecials, your floor plan looks great, loving the big open spaces and large outdoor area. We started building our grange 25 last week. Look forward to seeing your selections.
love what you have done with the plan! looks fantastic

and your colours/electrical appointment will be a big day, but you'll be fine. Have you been to the Coral showroom yet? we went twice so we knew exactly what we were after. We also knew the type of colours we wanted for the front of the house, with most of colours picked out, as well as our brick (or at least options) so it was only narrowing down on the exact render paint name, and garage colour. We used Austral bricks visualizer to show her the different we wanted in terms of shades between the roof and garage etc

Our girl was amazing, and filled in the gaps we couldn't work out for ourselves

We also roughly mapped out where we wanted our lights, and the power points.
CC7

and your colours/electrical appointment will be a big day, but you'll be fine. Have you been to the Coral showroom yet? we went twice so we knew exactly what we were after. We also knew the type of colours we wanted for the front of the house, with most of colours picked out, as well as our brick (or at least options) so it was only narrowing down on the exact render paint name, and garage colour. We used Austral bricks visualizer to show her the different we wanted in terms of shades between the roof and garage etc

Thanks.
We took a long time to figure out the exact design and the sales consultant was great.

We have been to the Coral Showroom twice and spoken to Mel and we also have our appointment with Mel, so that will be good. We are doing tile roof and whole house rendered (so at least no brick colour to pick). Probably tiling the front piers and we like the caramel / bone colours. We know the tones we like, but will need help with exact colours. We will let the experts help with the colours.
I've had a look at the Austral visualizer and it is lots of fun.

I've also done a rough map out of lights and power points.

The fun stuff is just beginning.
cigr
Hi bestspecials, your floor plan looks great, loving the big open spaces and large outdoor area. We started building our grange 25 last week. Look forward to seeing your selections.

Thanks. I just had a look at your plans and they look great. I like the switch of the lounge and master bedroom (great idea). What suburb are you building in?
We are having our tile appointment next week. We are looking at Como Latte and Como Black, but who knows what colour we come out of the appointment with. The only concern I am having with my plan is coming to terms with removing the eaves from the façade. We started with the St Kilda façade and made it grow. So hoping it looks alright.

This is the façade with the changes. It looks a bit strange and tall at the moment, but once the driveway, paving and front landscaping are done, we are hoping that it all works. Fingers crossed!!
I was wondering if you were going to start a thread soon!
Following along 😊
bestspecials
cigr

Thanks. I just had a look at your plans and they look great. I like the switch of the lounge and master bedroom (great idea). What suburb are you building in?
We are having our tile appointment next week. We are looking at Como Latte and Como Black, but who knows what colour we come out of the appointment with. The only concern I am having with my plan is coming to terms with removing the eaves from the façade. We started with the St Kilda façade and made it grow. So hoping it looks alright.

We are building in Mango Hill, hoping slab will be finished this week. The tiles you’ve selected are so pretty, wishing we had looked more into what National tiles had to offer. It’s so hard not to worry about how things will look, your facade will look great do you worry.
bestspecials
CC7

Thanks.
We took a long time to figure out the exact design and the sales consultant was great.

We have been to the Coral Showroom twice and spoken to Mel and we also have our appointment with Mel, so that will be good. We are doing tile roof and whole house rendered (so at least no brick colour to pick). Probably tiling the front piers and we like the caramel / bone colours. We know the tones we like, but will need help with exact colours. We will let the experts help with the colours.

You sound exactly prepared as we were (down to letting them pick the exact colour name for tone we had in mind haha) so the day won’t be too hectic for you, it’s a lot of fun. We also had a Mel and she was so amazing, so I bet it’s the same one. You will be in great hands
Dylandbrooke
I was wondering if you were going to start a thread soon!
Following along 😊

Now that I have something to write a thread about, it is more exciting.
Saw the frames on your block on the weekend. I am sure the next time I look, they will be up.
CC7
bestspecials
CC7

Thanks.

You sound exactly prepared as we were (down to letting them pick the exact colour name for tone we had in mind haha) so the day won’t be too hectic for you, it’s a lot of fun. We also had a Mel and she was so amazing, so I bet it’s the same one. You will be in great hands

We think so. I like the choices you made for you house. Will be following along to see how everything goes.
So the scary stuff begins.
We had our tile appointment with National Tiles yesterday. Went in with one idea and came out with the same idea in different tiles.

We are tiling all the main areas -
All Floors : Alpine Ivory - Shine Finish
Outdoor (porch and alfresco) - Alpine Ivory - Outdoor finish
Ensuite & Bathroom (feature walls) - Simplicity Mocha - Natural finish
Ensuite & Bathroom (other walls) - Industry Mare - Gloss finish
Laundry Splashback - Industry Mare - Gloss finish

And of course, I am second guessing the shine finish on the floor. So hard when you can't see a whole floor already done.

We have our colour appointment on 7 March but we are thinking -
Kitchen Bench - Ice Snow (maybe) but hubby wants something whiter
Lower cupboards - Burnished Wood (matt finish)
Upper cupboards - Ghostgum (matt finish) or something similar in silk finish
Glass splashback - probably same colour as upper cupboards

Ensuite, Bathroom, Laundry cupboards - Espresso (matt finish) or maybe something a little bolder.

Hoping for something like this.
Great choices!!! I think the shine finish will look great especially at night with the lights on. Found the colour appointment to be the best, so many things to pick and choose from. Our consultant was great, she gave us rough estimates on the things we wanted to upgrade and she was spot on when we got our variation back. Cant wait to see your choices.
cigr
Great choices!!! I think the shine finish will look great especially at night with the lights on. Found the colour appointment to be the best, so many things to pick and choose from. Our consultant was great, she gave us rough estimates on the things we wanted to upgrade and she was spot on when we got our variation back. Cant wait to see your choices.

Thanks. I think the shine finish will be great, just always only ever had matt finish.
Our tile consultant was great. We managed to choose all our tiles from the standard range, so the only extra was for different colour grout ($117), so very happy about that.
How'd i miss this???
Love those shiny tiles 😍 your inspo pic is gorgeous!
Check out caesarstone 'intense white' - its whiter than ice snow and only a tad more expensive - i think our upgrade to intense white for the bathrooms was roughly $150
Dylandbrooke
How'd i miss this???
Love those shiny tiles 😍 your inspo pic is gorgeous!
Check out caesarstone 'intense white' - its whiter than ice snow and only a tad more expensive - i think our upgrade to intense white for the bathrooms was roughly $150

Thanks.
Will definitely look into the whiter bench tops.
So, finally had our colour consultation which wasn't as bad as I thought.
We wanted our colour scheme to very simple with complementary earthy tones (as you can see from the photos below). Hopefully, this look is okay.

External colours which was the part I was dreading the most and ended up with -
Roof - Concrete Tiles - Coal
Gutters - Monument
Fascia - Surfmist
Eaves - Surfmist
Windows - Surfmist
Walls - Linseed Render
Front Pillars - Basalt Render
Timber Door - Merbau (6 glass)
Portico Timber - Red Rock
Garage Door - Surfmist
Outdoor tile - Alpine Ivory

The Internal Colours kitchen colours are
All floor - Alpine Ivory Shine
Walls - Dulux Natural White

Kitchen-
Benchtops - Ice Snow (it's funny, we looked at the whiter and more expensive benchtops and they just didn't suit the look we were after)
Island Cupboard doors & Cooktop cupboard doors - Burnished Wood Matt Finish
Overhead Cupboard doors - White Silk Finish
Glass Splashback - Dulux Natural White (basically same colour as the overhead cupboards)

Bathroom, Ensuite and Laundry-
Benchtops - Ice Snow
Cupboard Doors - Espresso
Feature Walls Tile - Simplicity Mocha Natural
Other Walls Tile - Industry Mare Gloss
Floor Tiles - Alpine Ivory Shine (same as rest of house)
Wall Colour Paint - Natural White

We are having carpet to the bedrooms
Carpet - Silver Range - Pottery Clay
Feature Wall (Master bedroom, Media and Family) - Camel Train
All other walls - Natural White

We are going for this sort of look. Simple and neutral.

LOVE your choices! Can't wait to see it all come together
Lovely selections bestspecials!
Everything matches so well! I really like that burnished wood and your carpet colour 😍
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum