Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BOLD LIVING CALYPSO 189 - FIRST HOME - BRISBANE

Page 2 of 3
looks great daisy1989. 2 week delay is nothing really! site is neat and tidy too
gr8ly
looks great daisy1989. 2 week delay is nothing really! site is neat and tidy too

Thanks gr8ly. How is yours going? We had the roof and windows on this week. Things are going really good for us atm. We are kind of concerned with @chinee comment about the electrical work. Not sure what her experience was like to watch out for
hey daisy1989
we are still going
although we are close now... waiting for the many defects to be repaired.

Some tiling needs to be redone, painting not finished, stairs to be fixed... but we can see the finish line.. finally!

Have you had an indication of completion?

this is how our kitchen is looking at the moment.

daisy1989
gr8ly

Thanks gr8ly. How is yours going? We had the roof and windows on this week. Things are going really good for us atm. We are kind of concerned with @chinee comment about the electrical work. Not sure what her experience was like to watch out for
Don't be concerned daisy1989. The issue was with the electrical contractor and not BOLD. Just make sure you ask them to meet on site (if possiblle) before rough-ins.

gr8ly
hey daisy1989
we are still going
although we are close now... waiting for the many defects to be repaired.

Some tiling needs to be redone, painting not finished, stairs to be fixed... but we can see the finish line.. finally!

Have you had an indication of completion?

this is how our kitchen is looking at the moment.

gr8ly no we haven’t got the indication of completion yet. Still long way to get there.

Oh my god it looks like you have the same pendant lights as ours. Did u get them from Beacon?
chrinee
daisy1989
gr8ly

Don't be concerned daisy1989. The issue was with the electrical contractor and not BOLD. Just make sure you ask them to meet on site (if possiblle) before rough-ins.

It looks like they already finished the electrical work today. I will pm you to ask a few things later and name and shame that contractor hahaha

The contractor that we’ve got (not sure if the same) put the provision for our future aircon on the right hand side of the house instead of the original position at the back without telling us why they moved it. I assumed they had a valid reason for that being the expert but it would have been much appreciated if they had communicated that to us first. The aircon guy that we hired now said it will cost us a few hundred bucks more to wire to that side of the house for the outdoor unit. He told us to try to tell the contractor to rewire it to the left hand side to save that extra cost. The aircon guy will be on holiday from Monday and I don’t know what to do now. I can’t call the electrical contractor untill Monday and not sure when they can fix it. Plus whether they will charge us to have it rewired to the LHS.
daisy1989
chrinee
daisy1989
[quote="gr8ly"]looks great daisy1989. 2 week delay is nothing really! site is neat and tidy too

It looks like they already finished the electrical work today. I will pm you to ask a few things later and name and shame that contractor hahaha

The contractor that we’ve got (not sure if the same) put the provision for our future aircon on the right hand side of the house instead of the original position at the back without telling us why they moved it. I assumed they had a valid reason for that being the expert but it would have been much appreciated if they had communicated that to us first. The aircon guy that we hired now said it will cost us a few hundred bucks more to wire to that side of the house for the outdoor unit. He told us to try to tell the contractor to rewire it to the left hand side to save that extra cost. The aircon guy will be on holiday from Monday and I don’t know what to do now. I can’t call the electrical contractor untill Monday and not sure when they can fix it. Plus whether they will charge us to have it rewired to the LHS.[/quote]So this was our issue. If you need to make a change from the electrical plan and/or you don't understand the products, communicate with us and we'll see if we can come to an informed and agreed decision. Fingers crossed they can move it without any cost to you.

daisy1989
gr8ly no we haven’t got the indication of completion yet. Still long way to get there.

Oh my god it looks like you have the same pendant lights as ours. Did u get them from Beacon?

Sorry just saw this.. yep from Beacon
We love them.
gr8ly
daisy1989

We love them.

gr8ly We don’t know how they will look over our kitchen island yet. We only bought two. I wanted 3 but my partner said 2 only
Love how they look on yours. Just stunning
chrinee We went to check our house again this morning and it appears we wrongly judged the sparky. We checked the electrical plan more carefully and looks like the guy hasn’t run the cable for my aircon yet. The one we thought for the aircon appears to be for the hot water system. We changed the location of the hws due to limited space on the RHS but the electrical plan wasn’t updated. The sparky clearly didn’t see the new location and was just stick to the plan I guessed.

Anyway, will find out tomorrow. Things are just a bit sideways atm but hopefully it will be resolved before rough-in.
daisy1989
@gr8ly We don’t know how they will look over our kitchen island yet. We only bought two. I wanted 3 but my partner said 2 only

They don't give that much light, they are more mood lighting. But they are so purty
Hello! Just wondering how you went with your build with Bold in the end? Considering using them for our build.
gr8ly
daisy1989
@gr8ly We don’t know how they will look over our kitchen island yet. We only bought two. I wanted 3 but my partner said 2 only

They don't give that much light, they are more mood lighting. But they are so purty

Hello! Just wondering how you went with your build with Bold in the end as well please?? Thank you!
ACJ4224
Hello! Just wondering how you went with your build with Bold in the end? Considering using them for our build.

Hi. The build was a smooth sail in the end. We loved building with Bold. The service before, during and after the construction is really good. Highly recommend if you have a healthy budget as Bold might be slightly more costly than some other regional builders. However, we were very happy with the build quality and the inclusions.
daisy1989
ACJ4224

Hi. The build was a smooth sail in the end. We loved building with Bold. The service before, during and after the construction is really good. Highly recommend if you have a healthy budget as Bold might be slightly more costly than some other regional builders. However, we were very happy with the build quality and the inclusions.

Thank you so much!! Very helpful. Appreciate it. x.
gr8ly
daisy1989

We love them.

Hi,

Could you please let me know your experience of building with Bold living and quality of final product?
Thank you
ACJ4224

Hi,

Could you please let me know your experience of building with Bold living and quality of final product?
Thank you
Preetdhaliwal
gr8ly
daisy1989

We love them.

Hi,

Thank you

Hi there,

We are very happy with Bold. The end product is really good. Very happy with our house. Maintenance process was a breeze. They fixed major stuff right away. All minor cosmetic stuff was all fixed at 12 month scheduled maintenance. The entire process was stress free. We got a call from our SS every week to update us on the progress. All questions asked via Property Pro were answered promptly. My Contract admin was a machine. She replied to our emails at 7am sometimes. Hope that helps
Hi, we’ve also been looking at using Bold Living to build a Newmarket 277. Our consultant suggested she could provide us a gift card but wouldn’t tell us how much unless we sign and pay a deposit. Can anyone advise what amount this gift card would be? We’re looking at the Contemporary standard of inclusions. Thanks all!
Sandyhuang082
Hi, we’ve also been looking at using Bold Living to build a Newmarket 277. Our consultant suggested she could provide us a gift card but wouldn’t tell us how much unless we sign and pay a deposit. Can anyone advise what amount this gift card would be? We’re looking at the Contemporary standard of inclusions. Thanks all!

Hmm I don’t know tbh. If it is not the standard promotion, then you should know how much it is before you sign anything. That is quite ah ah to me. I will press that hard on the consultant. Just threaten them you will go with a competitor if they don’t spill the beans. See if it works
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum