Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Barbie Dream House - First Build in Port Stephens

Page 10 of 11
Looks amazing! Our house is getting painted first then tiles, I wonder if there's a reason for doing tiles first?
elieassi1992
Looks amazing! Our house is getting painted first then tiles, I wonder if there's a reason for doing tiles first?
Our supervisor said each has their own preference.

wow couldn't be too much longer now how exciting for you.
blackcat20
elieassi1992
Our supervisor said each has their own preference.

I think it depends on the availability of the trades, too.

marz1983
wow couldn't be too much longer now how exciting for you.
It certainly doesn't seem like much more to do. Painting, carpets, wardrobe and pantry shelving, electrical fitout, plumbing fitout and hopefully someone mops the tiles!

Big day today! NBN installed, prepped for painting and we purchased all of our curtains - silver blockout and white sheer s-folds

One step closer to the finish line: internal painting complete!

Front door has been named Black Beauty.

I ave very much being enjoying your thread, however I was bemused to note that within hours of clicking on your previous photo showing the little dots (Williamtown fighter jets) I am now being bombarded with ads imploring me to join the Australian Defence Force. I'd just like the ADF to know that if keeping Australia safe is a priority, they'd probably not want to employee an ageing retiree with a bad back and bad knees...

Anyway..

Just a comment on sound management. I'm building fairly close to a regional airport but not an overly noisy one (just light to medium piston aircraft and I like planes in any case). But I specified Bradford Soundscreen batts throughout and also Viridian VLam Hush glass throughout. In my previous house I had Magnetite and although it is fantastic for noise management it isn't very practical.

Oh and that Koala thing on the roundabout is brilliant. Made my day!
Love your black kitchen and your little shower ledge.
marz1983
Love your black kitchen and your little shower ledge.
The colours have all come together so well, I'm really pleased and am getting so excited! How is your build coming along?

Tomorrow is Owner-Supply Day and aaaall of these goodies (including the floor to ceiling heated towel rail at the back) have to fit into a Holden Cruze

Basins and stone in the bathrooms and the electrician is due back on Thursday for the final fitout. Getting so close now, I can't wait to walk through the front door and flip a light switch!

yay to having working lights!! We are getting through it the roof was started today and looks maybe half finished, the bricks just need to finish a bit at the front.
So very excited, it looks like all that's left is carpets, a cooktop and a very thorough clean!!

That is looking fantastic! Loving all your choices everytime I see them, the track lights and brick colour look great! Bet you are getting excited now!
allblaqk
That is looking fantastic! Loving all your choices everytime I see them, the track lights and brick colour look great! Bet you are getting excited now!
So very excited! The last three weeks have flown by with so much progress.

What is happening as regards the driveway and paths? Is the builder contracted to do those?
Mr. Sausage
What is happening as regards the driveway and paths? Is the builder contracted to do those?
No, I'll be arranging this after handover. Leaning towards black coloured concrete in a broom finish.

Thanks. I'm a few weeks behind you and am probably a week or two from dealing with the builder's concreter. I am starting to wish I had gone independently, however I well remember before signing up (and even since then), finding alternate concreters was almost impossible - most never got back to me and the one that did was beyond hopeless with their communication. With slim pickings, I reluctantly went with the builder since the thought of having ongoing trouble finding someone for months on end wasn't particularly enticing.

I am glad you have found someone because in my experience this is very difficult - especially in areas where there is a lot of residential building and civil works / infrastructure construction going on. Have you thought of light colours? I would be a bit worried about black myself, especially as in this country the temps and UV index keeps climbing the further north you go.
Related
9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

16/12/2023
solar car port in sydney

General Discussion

I looked into it a few years ago and my conclusion was to just build a carport that will support panels and get a system installed separately. The company I looked at had…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum