Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Daydream 32 Custom - First Home Build: Redbank Plains

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking the forums for a few months now building up tips and absorbing your collective knowledge as we moved closer to getting our own little piece of this earth. Our land settled in December so we have been trying to get things moving asap in the new year to complete our last tender and go to contract with Coral on our custom Daydream.

Now that it's getting so close to reality I decided to make my own blog for posterity and to hopefully continue getting tips and advice from the community.

Here is our take on the Daydream 32

We changed quite a few things on the original plan (sadly this has meant we weren't able to go straight to contract on the 6th of Feb like I wanted but oh well).

Little changes:
-Larger window in the master ensuite
-Back window in the games room
-Stacker doors from games to outdoor
-Smaller window in the master
-Normal door from laundry to outside
-Smaller window in media
-Smaller window in activity room
-Changed the location and type of doors to media (these will be sliders unlike pic)
added door to study
-Extended width of kitchen bench

Big changes:
-Flipped the design of Bedroom 4 and the bathroom/laundry around to accommodate a powder room instead of separate toilet, extended laundry under eaves to allow enough space and removed the linen cupboard
-Took out the alcove entry to master to allow for entry to Bedroom 4 up that end
-Extended the garage forward 1m as we couldn't go wider but this will allow bench space at the rear
-Swapped the entry of the pantry to the garage side of the kitchen, moved fridge space back into kitchen and took 200mm from the study to allow for butlers pantry bench, turned WIL into standard linen cupboard

While we haven't done our colour/tile/electricity appointments yet I do have a good idea already of everything I want. My husband has had certain key things he wanted input on that we've agreed upon but for the most part he can't bring himself to care whether it's "this grey" or "that grey" etc so he has given me permission to make final decisions :')

At this stage we are waiting on our contract and also for our engineer to complete a plan for our sewage connection as there was no sewage connection on the block so that's what's holding us back at this stage. Queensland Urban Utilities is a nightmare to deal with.

I will update as soon as we have an update! hopefully that's pretty soon!
How has everything been going since your first post about your beautiful home?
CC7

ah well we were set back by Coral dumping us by about 6 months which was pretty devastating, but we are almost at contract stage again now so should still be able to get a contract signed before the first home owners grant finishes. I guess I'm avoiding getting it all out here again yet until I know for sure haha. Once we sign contract I'll be back with all my plans and colour selections to show you!
Nublette
CC7

ah well we were set back by Coral dumping us by about 6 months which was pretty devastating, but we are almost at contract stage again now so should still be able to get a contract signed before the first home owners grant finishes. I guess I'm avoiding getting it all out here again yet until I know for sure haha. Once we sign contract I'll be back with all my plans and colour selections to show you!

oh what! That's insane, not cool at all!

I can understand you not wanting to post anything until everything is well on its way to going ahead. I'm sure you will have no problems with a new company and a fresh start on the process

looking forward to seeing your choices when the time comes to share
Thanks CC7, in the meantime I'm just living vicariously through you by watching your build come along! hehe
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum