Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Plantation Homes - Trinity Lux Q1 @ Thornlands

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,

Happy Australia Day.

Yesterday our block of land at Thornlands settled. We have purchased a 939m2 block in the Ausbuild Altitude Estate in Thornlands. The link to the estate website is below:

https://www.ausbuild.com.au/residential ... _number=44

We are building a Plantation Home - Trinity Lux Q1 and I thought I could be fun to blog about the building process and share it with you.

https://plantationhomes.com.au/home-des ... on/trinity

At the moment we are only at tender stage, but we will shortly be moving into the contract stage and will hopefully the house will be started in the next few months.

Some of the upgrades include:
- Triple Car Garage
- Upgraded Facade
- Butlers Pantry
- Appliances upgrade - 900mm induction cooktop, 900mm pyrolytic oven, convection microwave oven and upgraded dishwasher
- Treated pine frame (why this is not standard, I have no idea when other builders include it as standard!)
- Additional Triple door sliding wardrobe with mirror panels in Master Bedroom
- Cavity sliders in media room and ensuite
- Extended Ceiling and door hight in the second story (the first story has extended ceiling height as standard)
- Air Conditioning (ducted)
- Laundry Upgrade
- Upgraded finishes - flooring, kitchen laminate, WC, exterior bricks etc.

I have attached our initial drawings for you to see.

Our Block of Land.
Hi Sam,

Congrats on your land settlement, I have to admit I do love a good plantation build, have you had a look at Mec’s plantation build? Her home is beautiful.

How is it all going with getting to contract?

Looking forward to following along

Tribe7
Hi Sam,

Congrats on your land settlement, I have to admit I do love a good plantation build, have you had a look at Mec’s plantation build? Her home is beautiful.

How is it all going with getting to contract?

Looking forward to following along

Hi Tribe7,

I have had a look at Mec's plantation build. It was great to see all the pictures of the build.

The contract is progressing. We have just received the soil test results and I am happy to report that there are no unexpected surprises! We have a H1 soil type, but we had already accounted for this in our tender. Based on the email I received from Plantation today, we should be ready to sign the contract next week and move to the Colours and Electrical appointments.

My wife and I have been in planning mode for this home for the last 12 months (It took ages to find a block of land we were happy with and then we had to wait for the estate to be completed before we could do anything). Really looking forward to getting the house underway.
Love the triple garage!! Definitely super handy the extra space.

I've just also put down a deposit with Plantation to build the Brighton 31.
My sales consultant thinks we'll break dirt in 3 months time... I'm a bit skeptical, since I just built with Metricon and it took around 6.

Looking forward to see how things progress for you.
Hey dulie,

Yep triple car garage will be awesome! Looking forward to the extra space as my wife and I have long and wide 4x4 vehicles and they only just fit in a standard double garage.

The Brighton 31 is a nice house! We went through the display at Helensvale and it looked great. So you just finished a Metricon house and your already onto your next house?

I’m not sure how long it will take to get started, but I hope mine will be underway by next month! They did say it would take about six months to build as it is a large double story house.
Great news about your soil test results sam, I hope the contract is issued this coming week and you can get on with it.

I’m the same as Dulie we built with Metricon in 2015 and had to wait on our land to register so I’m not sure how long the admin phase was.

Are either yourself or Dulie going through Russell at plantation? That man is a fabulous and knows his stuff.

Any idea on your colour scheme as yet sam?

Ps hi Dulie stoked to see another build out of you too

Hi Tribe7,

We signed with Simon at Rochedale. Nice Guy.

We are going for scandinavian style with black, white and grey colours. I will post some pictures after the colour appointment.
Sam Smith
Hey dulie,

Yep triple car garage will be awesome! Looking forward to the extra space as my wife and I have long and wide 4x4 vehicles and they only just fit in a standard double garage.

The Brighton 31 is a nice house! We went through the display at Helensvale and it looked great. So you just finished a Metricon house and your already onto your next house?

I’m not sure how long it will take to get started, but I hope mine will be underway by next month! They did say it would take about six months to build as it is a large double story house.

You'll love the triple garage then! It's probably the most used area in our house atm.

This next one is an investment home, so not quite ready to do another move just yet hehe.

Builds times in QLD seem to be fairly quick. Our 50 Square home finished under 6 months. I was more referring to the admin stage which seems to drag out a lot of times for no reason.

Hopefully they can break ground for you soon, then once the slab goes down the build will fly on by!!
Tribe7
Great news about your soil test results sam, I hope the contract is issued this coming week and you can get on with it.

I’m the same as Dulie we built with Metricon in 2015 and had to wait on our land to register so I’m not sure how long the admin phase was.

Are either yourself or Dulie going through Russell at plantation? That man is a fabulous and knows his stuff.

Any idea on your colour scheme as yet sam?

Ps hi Dulie stoked to see another build out of you too

After building with Metricon, I bet you're like us and see how much more is included standard with Plantation. Their standard inclusions are amazing!!!! Metricon have the best display houses hands down, but it's such an illusion, trick if you will, cause none of it is included in their standard pricing.

Our sales consultant is Kepler. He was from the Roachdale estate, but now out at Mango Hill I believe.

Yeah I'm pumped about building again, have learnt so much from the first build. I think i'll be able to save a lot of money 2nd time around. I'm assuming you're in the same boat =)
Ok, so things have been a little slow. I discovered that Plantation released a new promotion last month and I wanted to take advantage of it (ducted air conditioning, carpet and flooring and 5k to spend at Coshim Studios for only $3990 on top of the base house price).

It worked out better to pay extra for the base house price and qualify for the new promotion. Plantation were happy to do this, but it slowed things down as technically we are now building a Trinity 40 - not a Trinity Lux Q1 and all drawings and documentation had to be changed.

We have our contract appointment next week and colour and electrical appointment in two weeks time. We have been speaking almost daily (via email) with the electrical department and I think we have worked out what we are going to do with electrical. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling again!
Hi Sam,

I had a drive past there yesterday as I am a couple of houses away from you guys and noticed that a Plantation home was being built as I think most of us ended up going with Ausbuild, which is amazing as it will make the estate look a lot better .

I am 135k in extras ATM (including the facade) without having made any structural changes apart from high ceiling downstairs as Ausbuid standard inclusions are not very good at all.
I hope Plantation is a bit better in that perspective as their display homes are stunning.

Tajana
Hi Tajana,

I believe their will be three plantation homes in the estate. Plantations standard inclusions are good, but we have still spent money upgrading items. I also noticed another builder (must be a small company as I have not heard of them before) is building on block 3.

Ausbuild do make great houses. My brother built an ausbuild house at Mount Cotton in 2014.

Where in the estate is your house?

Sam
Hi Sam

That’s even better .
I don’t know much about Ausbuild , I always wanted to build the Atlanta with Plantation but they ended up taking it off and it’s no longer available.
I have been to the Ausbuild Gumdale estate and the houses look amazing so fingers crossed .
Did your brother have any issues at all?

I am in lot 19 which will be house number 29.

Tajana
Hey Sam,

Great to hear your moving along again and it’s all going well. I heard that add on the radio actually and passed comment to my hubby that Plantation have finally added flooring and ducted as a promo, it’s only ever been one or the other.

Very exciting times ahead, looking forward to seeing your updates

No problems, it was a very smooth build and the house was really nicely built in my opinion. Congratulations on your house, it sounds like it will be really nice. I look forward to seeing it!
Hey Tribe,

Yep, I think it’s the best promotion they have had for some time now in my opinion! I guess they have to keep up with companies like stylemaster homes who will install a pool and air conditioning for only $9500 extra.
It’s about time hey, stylemaster have a awesome promo with the flooring, ducted and pool. Bold do similar with flooring, ducted and upgraded inclusions I think. Realistically we all want those things so they know we will spend on them, now the market is more competitive they have to offer more. Win for us

Thank you. Hope all goes well for you guys
Contract was signed last Friday and we have our colours appointment this week and electrical in two weeks time. Plantation tells me that they will submit the plans to council on Monday the 19th (once the five working day cooling off period has finished) and we should have approval in about a month from then to start building. We are looking forward to selecting everything at Colours this week, I think it should be a fun experience.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum