Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Clarendon Parkhill 29 in Brisbane North

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We hope to start building a Parkhill 29 soon.
We were given a sales quote of about $320,000.00 by the Mango Hill office. Our bank loan has been approved for this amount. The soil test came back as an H1. H1 is included in the plus pricing that is part of the quote. I was wondering whether there could be any unforeseen expenses to expect during tender. I do understand that we have to pay for any upgrades chosen. Our sales consultant is quite confident of his figures.
Thanks
Add $50,000.. there’s always extras that pop up. Especially with Clarendon.
kepler
Hi,
We were given a sales quote of about $320,000.00 by the Mango Hill office. Our bank loan has been approved for this amount. The soil test came back as an H1. H1 is included in the plus pricing that is part of the quote. I was wondering whether there could be any unforeseen expenses to expect during tender. I do understand that we have to pay for any upgrades chosen. Our sales consultant is quite confident of his figures.
Thanks

Kepler - How is it going with you? We are in the process of building a Parkhill 29 too south of Brisbane. We are just waiting for council approval and a start date. Have you made many changes? I am looking forward to seeing your updates. It is always nice to follow a similar house!
cm4
kepler
Hi,
Thanks

Kepler - How is it going with you? We are in the process of building a Parkhill 29 too south of Brisbane. We are just waiting for council approval and a start date. Have you made many changes? I am looking forward to seeing your updates. It is always nice to follow a similar house!

Hi cm4,
We signed off on the tender this weekend. The tender came about $7000.00 more than the sales estimate. They slugged $3750.00 for a mix of cranes and stuff I didn't bother to read because one side of the block has a 1.8m retaining wall. There was also an allowance of $1000.00 for stone removal. I will be surprised if they find a stone on that block. No stones mentioned on the soil test report. There was also a provision of $1200.00 for security screens which was upped to $3250.00 on the tender.
We paid for Sapphire inclusions and got 21 Diamond upgrades for free. We paid before November 2017. We also added a butler's pantry which costed about $7000.00. That's about all the upgrades. Now we are waiting on a contract which they promised would be ready between 2 to 3 weeks. Let's see how it goes.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum